Another Disney Parks "New Years Eve Announcement" 2012

Maerj

I think this is my 825th post on wdwmagic Boards. I really enjoy the site for news and tips, etc. However, I feel compelled to comment on this topic. You still can't enter this contest due to high volume. I think the promotion is working! I really hope to enter at some point today as I really have no money for vacation this year, which is going to be the 4th year in a row, I believe and it is starting to become painful. I hope I win one of these. My 5 year old daughter hopes I win as well so I stop going on about wanting to go to WDW. Happy New Year to ALL!

cba

Why does this not surprise me? Disney never can seem to get their websites to be fully functional...
No exaggeration. I'm getting the same thing word to word. (Dang it! The only time to get a free thing in WDW and it doesn't work!)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Next year when they announce they are making a new years announcement we should bump this thread back up. It will save a lot of people from feeling disappointment. This was the type of thing I expected. If at D23 this summer we get nothing but a contest then it's time to grab a pitch fork and storm the TDO building;).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Next year when they announce they are making a new years announcement we should bump this thread back up. It will save a lot of people from feeling disappointment. This was the type of thing I expected. If at D23 this summer we get nothing but a contest then it's time to grab a pitch fork and storm the TDO building;).
The best pitchfork would be to take your discretionary income elsewhere.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I had the dining plan the week immediately after Thanksgiving. I can honestly say I was not disappointed in any meal at all and the food leaned towards the exceptional side in my opinion. I had the regular dining plan and we ate at least one ADR restaurant per day and 1 counter service restaurant per day. I found everything to be high quality and had no issues. Again just my opinion.
And I really have enjoyed most of the meals we have had on sight. If the quality of food has dropped as much as you say, I can't imagine how good it used to be!

Just to clarify my point, I never said that I thought the food was bad now at WDW. On my last trip I had a few exceptional meals including one at Raglan Road which is a place I never ate at and the food was great. I was never trying to say the food is bad now, just that for certain locations the menus were shrunk and have become more generic to fit into the free DDP model. Basically, IMHO the widespread use of DDP has had a negative impact, but you can still get a lot of great meals at WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let me also add this would be a bit more magical if it were the icing on the perfectly-run, well funded and maintained parks. But it isn't. If the parks were what they should be I dare say this promo would be more palatable. As it is, it can be seen as more wrongly funded fluff when the core, central, prime subject continues to decline.

PS I'm not bitter being in the UK. I'd feel the same if I lived in the US. Well, actually i'd probably be slightly different, a proud citizen and and happy with my country but I'd still not care to enter :)

miles1

It's actually getting worse:
Please correct the following to continue:

• A technical error has occurred. Please try again later.
  • Site unavailable due to high volume. Please try again

Does this mean they want ME to correct this for them? Site still too busy to process entries over an hour later. Something tells me someone didn't do enough de-bugging.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Actually USA and Canada [excluding Quebec because they have really weird rules for sweepstakes].
Quebec has all kinds of really weird rules ... sweepstakes being the least of them.
If you are ever bored, Google Bill 22, the official Language Act.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom