Another Disney College Program question!

Dancer94

Original Poster
How likely is it for one to accepted into the college program if your GPA is just a few points short of a 2.0?

I know my likely hood is like 2% however, I have already filled out the application and have already been through the Web based interview and now awaiting for my phone call that has been schedule for the 20th. (the only slot they had available)

So here are a few more questions?

1. Do they really care about your current GPA in college? Or do they more care about your appearance and having that "Disney representation"

2. As of 2014/15 did you have to pay any cash/check first hand after receiving your acceptance letter?

3. How did you get to Disney? Did they offer you any transportation services or you did you have to find your own way to get to the "college" ?

4. Did you get your "most interested" job position that you wanted or something that you clearly made on the application process that you were not interested in?

5. How did they go about housing and roommates? Were you able to choose your roommates? Were you able to choose your housing?

6. What was the process like at check in? How long did it take?

7. Did they give you time to get organized in your rooms and browse around and get to know people? Or was more on the edge of, put your stuff in your room and go to the orientation right away?

PS: I applied for this coming Fall since I heard it was more competitive during the Summer time.

I will probably have a few more questions but these will due for now. Thanks a lot!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How likely is it for one to accepted into the college program if your GPA is just a few points short of a 2.0?

If you are short of 2.0, don't look for any "favors"...

I know my likely hood is like 2% however, I have already filled out the application and have already been through the Web based interview and now awaiting for my phone call that has been schedule for the 20th. (the only slot they had available)

So here are a few more questions?

Ok.

1. Do they really care about your current GPA in college? Or do they more care about your appearance and having that "Disney representation"

That's a silly question. Of course they care about your appearance.

2. As of 2014/15 did you have to pay any cash/check first hand after receiving your acceptance letter?

Not sure what you mean. No, you don't have to pay to apply, and if you are going through some "service" that says you do, than you should rethink that.

3. How did you get to Disney? Did they offer you any transportation services or you did you have to find your own way to get to the "college" ?

There is no "college" at disney. Transportation services for DCP CMs are provided as part of the program for you to get to and from work and training programs.

4. Did you get your "most interested" job position that you wanted or something that you clearly made on the application process that you were not interested in?

You will be assigned whatever Disney chooses to assign you. Don't make dreams based on it. You can make requests, but DCP isn't designed to be some sort of "quick way" into a high level position. View it as what it is, a solid younger work experience. Resume building. Odds are you'll be doing front line CM work.

5. How did they go about housing and roommates? Were you able to choose your roommates? Were you able to choose your housing?

You will not be able to choose either. And, if you complain about either, that won't be seen as a good thing.

6. What was the process like at check in? How long did it take?

@MonorailRed ?

7. Did they give you time to get organized in your rooms and browse around and get to know people? Or was more on the edge of, put your stuff in your room and go to the orientation right away?

You will be given time to settle in. However, you shouldn't view that as carte blanche to ignore your assigned schedule.

I will probably have a few more questions but these will due for now. Thanks a lot!

Do...not due.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom