Another BOG lunch question!

meganwdw

Original Poster
So, I snagged a FP+ for lunch and then today received the email invite. What do I do?? Give up the FP so someone else can hopefully get it?? Never expected to be in this position!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So, I snagged a FP+ for lunch and then today received the email invite. What do I do?? Give up the FP so someone else can hopefully get it?? Never expected to be in this position!
No that's just the email saying you could book a FP. I never get the email before I make one either. I got my email days after i made my FP already every time. It's just like a reminder email and for someone who may have not registered on MDE already to have a log in to use on the BOG FP website. :)

meganwdw

Original Poster
No that's just the email saying you could book a FP. I never get the email before I make one either. I got my email days after i made my FP already every time. It's just like a reminder email and for someone who may have not registered on MDE already to have a log in to use on the BOG FP website. :)
Thank you!!

meganwdw

Original Poster
An opinion (feedback not required)....

I would book lunch at a GOOD location, outside MK, on the monorail line. BOG is very cute - the food is poor. And everyone WANTS it: a golden opportunity to let others fight for this place, while you go elsewhere - and get GOOD food.
Oh I totally agree with you! As an annual visitor, I have must do's for every trip and places I want to try just b/c I haven't tried them and want to or b/c I want to see what all the hype is about! BOG falls I to that latter category! It's really just one more place to mark off the list!! We have a dinner reservation at Via Napoli for later in the evening so if BOG sucks, I will have an empty belly for some delicious pizza!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
An opinion (feedback not required)....

I would book lunch at a GOOD location, outside MK, on the monorail line. BOG is very cute - the food is poor. And everyone WANTS it: a golden opportunity to let others fight for this place, while you go elsewhere - and get GOOD food.

I must disagree with your evaluation of BOG for lunch. The tuna salad is excellent and so is the pork, according to my daughter's boyfriend.

BrianV

While we only dined there once, we felt that BOG was perhaps the best "quick serve" restaurant in disney based on a combination of good food and fun location. Certainly worth doing at least once. Unless you are leaving the magic kingdom for another location or taking a mid day break outside the park (both perfectly reasonable, by the way), I'm not sure the time and effort to get out and take the monorail and eat elsewhere only to return shortly after is worth it. But that is just me I guess.

Either way, enjoy BOG. I think you will.

Zortek

My feedback (opinion on my feedback not required): I think BoG lunch quality is not bad at all. Slightly overpriced for what you get even by park standards, but still a decent place to get lunch with the convenience of not leaving the park.

Wildflower

As above....just wanted to warn you, with their new FP+ system in place (they don't allow the long line and give people return times) if you only reserve your time, you are put into line on the right with all of those returning guests who showed up the day of/did NOT get the invite & use online FP. You check in the same but that's where they send you now. The line stretched to the end of the bridge. If you can stomach planning what you eat in advance *** PREORDER your food *** (and I think you can make changes there???? someone please correct me if that is no longer the case). Then you still get to use the shorter line to the left. We were somewhat blindsided by the change and the wait and ended up leaving. This was not quite two weeks ago and possible they change their M.O. before you go but...

Thumper14

I made my FP for lunch exactly 27 days out.
Received my email several days later.
Yes, you can change the pre-ordered meal, I have done it twice now.
I have only been to BOG for Dinner once, the lunch menu is different.
But I can not see how you can mess up a grilled ham and cheese with Pomme fries, so I am taking the chance.
We wanted to show the restaurant to my son and his fiancé, they have not been there before.
I will miss the Beast, I understand he only comes out at night.
We dined in West Wing for our Dinner in April and it was awesome.
It was a little dark, I had to use my phone light to add the tip and sign the check.
I am looking forward to sitting in one of the other 2 rooms this time.
The snowing windows have me curious!

I am just 21 days out-Wohoo!

meganwdw

Original Poster
As above....just wanted to warn you, with their new FP+ system in place (they don't allow the long line and give people return times) if you only reserve your time, you are put into line on the right with all of those returning guests who showed up the day of/did NOT get the invite & use online FP. You check in the same but that's where they send you now. The line stretched to the end of the bridge. If you can stomach planning what you eat in advance *** PREORDER your food *** (and I think you can make changes there???? someone please correct me if that is no longer the case). Then you still get to use the shorter line to the left. We were somewhat blindsided by the change and the wait and ended up leaving. This was not quite two weeks ago and possible they change their M.O. before you go but...
I did preorder our food so hopefully we will be bypassing the long like you talked about. My friend went 2 weeks ago with the FP invite and bypassed the line, too. We shall see!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom