Annual Pass Renewal

runway

We have annual passes that expire this week. If we renew at the renewal rate do my passes get extended to one year from the current expiration date, or does the new year start the next time we enter a park? We won't be going back for several months, so I'm trying to decide if I should just let the passes expire and then buy new ones at the time of our next trip.

stillgoofy

They will be extended one year from your current expiration date. That's why you get the discount. We usually don't renew and then just get new ones when we're ready to go again. That way we don't waste unused time on the AP's.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just remember if you let your AP expire (don't renew by 30 days after expiration date), you'll have to pay the full, non-discounted price. If I remember, the discount was equivalent to the cost of a one day ticket.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

My 2 sons and their families are moving tp Gulf Breeze Fl (Panhandle) about 6 hour drive to DW What I gather from these posts it is better to purchase the AP right before you decide to plan a trip in order to maximize the length of time on the AP. Is that correct? Is there a residence length of time before you can purchase? Are out of state grandparents out of luck for an AP?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My 2 sons and their families are moving tp Gulf Breeze Fl (Panhandle) about 6 hour drive to DW What I gather from these posts it is better to purchase the AP right before you decide to plan a trip in order to maximize the length of time on the AP. Is that correct? Is there a residence length of time before you can purchase? Are out of state grandparents out of luck for an AP?

Yes, purchase a FL resident AP before you go, but know prices typically increase in the Fall. Your AP anniversary date is established when you validate the pass by visiting GS, since you have to provide proof of Florida residency. You'll need a Florida address....and drivers license, which by law you need to purchase within 30 days of becoming a Florida resident.

Out of state grandparents can get an AP, but only the Platinum level. The gold, and silver passes are for Florida residents and DVC members only. And Florida residents can use the monthly payment plan.

Upvote 0

runway

Original Poster
They will be extended one year from your current expiration date. That's why you get the discount. We usually don't renew and then just get new ones when we're ready to go again. That way we don't waste unused time on the AP's.
I think this is my best course of action as well since we probably won't return until the cooler months arrive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom