Annual Pass prices raised (again)

Californian Elitist

That said, it could conceivably catch up to or get very close to DCA's current attendance. Transformers, Minions and F&F have all caused double digit percentage increases in annual attendance. One can only imagine what Potter will do.

Correct. USH saw a 30% attendance increase after the opening of Transformers. Potter will do wonders for the park.

D

Deleted member 107043

Not arguing that USH hasn't made enormous strides with the hearts and minds of locals in the past 20 years or so. Nor am I making a comparison with Disney. Just pointing out that USH struggles to shake the perception of being a tourist trap with Californians.

Phroobar

I still miss elements of the old USH. The tram ride was a lot longer with break stops to see the special effects show and prop plaza. I haven't gone in a few years. I haven't seen Transformers, F&FSC or Minions yet. I'm not in a hurry to see that stuff. The place feels a little too manic to me with all the loud signage in the mall and in the park. The park to me is something we do every 3-5 years. I think I go to Magic Mountain every year so its not the distance that is keeping me away. I really don't think Potter will change that feeling I get going there.

D

Deleted member 107043

In recent years USH gives me the feeling of being in the middle of Times Square or Hollywood Blvd. Loud, bright, full of tourists. and devoid of any authenticity.

I am glad through that I'll finally be able to experience HP without having to travel to Orlando.

dweezil78

I haven't been in a few years, but before having a kid (there's really not a single thing for anyone under 5 or so to do there) I used to always get the buy a year, get a year pass as I live within 10-15 min from the studio.

I always really enjoyed the place and appreciated the very different alternative to driving down to Anaheim. Taking in a few rides, grabbing a popcorn and hitting the tram tour for 45 minutes was a fun way to kill an afternoon. The place does look pretty crammed now with all the new additions seemingly right on top of each other, but I haven't admittedly seen any of it up close.

Also, while they may be somewhat lacking in attraction count, at least everything that they do offer is on par with a Disney e-ticket with a few exceptions. And unlike Disney, they don't have a fanbase who will protest at the removal of an attraction so they have no problems removing attractions and replacing them with something newer (and usually better than what was there before).

And I won't lie, I'm super pumped to see Harry Potter finally. Everytime I've been in Orlando since HP opened it's only been for a few days and I spend the time at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom