Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

sjhym333

I appreciate the frustration of communication with WDW and guest services. The last time 2 times I wrote them it took 7 days to get a response that didn't even really respond to my issue. When you call and talk to someone they either transfer you around or tell you to write to guest services which I was told would be my best way to get a response. Which came in 7 days.

Kman101

Not that anyone cares, but I still have not gotten the email or confirmation number, nor have I gotten calls returned from Guest Relations who were supposedly handling this and would be 'keeping me updated'. The likelihood that I'll be able to use my reservation is declining with each passing day.

Did you try the e-mail I gave you from my confirmation?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Did you try the e-mail I gave you from my confirmation?

I sent communication to that address but no response back so far. Thanks.

I'm still in limbo in my third wait '24-72 hours' cycle without a confirmation number or the email. To be honest, at this point I'm kind of assuming this will be the second passholder preview event (exact same issues happened for New Fantasyland Preview) I will not be able to experience due to this longstanding issue.

Something is wrong in the Passholder database(s) that blocks any and all communications to my email address and has for 6+ years that I know about. I get all other messages from Disney including Parks Blog, Dining reservations, etc. but not Passholder. It seems there is absolutely nobody at Disney willing or able to help get this problem resolved. Every turn is just another round of 'not my job', or there's nothing I can do.

Last edited:

Kman101

I'm still in limbo in my third wait '24-72 hours' cycle without a confirmation number or the email. To be honest, at this point I'm kind of assuming this will be the second passholder preview event (exact same issues happened for New Fantasyland Preview) I will not be able to experience due to this longstanding issue.

Something is wrong in the Passholder database(s) that blocks any and all communications to my email address and has for 6+ years that I know about. I get all other messages from Disney including Parks Blog, Dining reservations, etc. but not Passholder. It seems there is absolutely nobody at Disney willing or able to help get this problem resolved. Every turn is just another round of 'not my job', or there's nothing I can do.

I can't (but I do, just saying it's ridiculous) believe their e-mail system. I must be blocked as well, despite being a passholder on and off for the last eleven years.

Your struggle to get a straight answer or have someone actually deal with this problem is so frustrating. I'm very sorry. They should do and be better than this. I'd go to guest relations in the park and stage a sit in until they resolve the matter, LOL. I'm sort of joking but something has to give.

I'd think there would be another round of previews too. I hope so for those that couldn't get in and had trouble. I never received the e-mail either but I was able to get my confirmation e-mail. I'm holding onto that thing like it's gold plated.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I get the physical mail whenever it comes out including the Mickey Monitor and a couple of the Passholder magnets but just never get anything that is distributed by email from the Passholder team. Ironically, I had a Premier Pass for a number of years and got lots of Passholder communications from Disneyland, but never from Walt Disney World.

tribbleorlfl

That's a shame that you're being given the run-around on a simple confirmation email, it's just further proof this whole thing was half-baked.

I know how you feel, I was one who didn't receive an email about the event in the first place (despite getting regular emails from Disney Destinations), and by the time I found out about it from my wife and social media on that Friday, it was "sold out."

I called the AP hotline (which is really just Vacation planning) and was bounced around to 3 different people who very quickly determined they didn't want to talk to me about the Avatar AP Preview. Finally got routed to a manager who said there was nothing he could do. He didn't even give me some token FP's. He did give me the Guest Services email, to air my grievances.

I sent an email to the address and was called back by the same woman who helped me with the Food & Wine AP tumbler issue, coincidentally. She actually took ownership of the situation and made it right.

Stevek

So there is apparently a D23 preview sign up for Gold Members today. If you go to the sign up page, it prompts you that if you are not a gold member you should sign up...which I did yesterday. Hmm, still showing me as a general member. D23's response? It takes 24-48 hours to process. So why tell people to upgrade to gold so they can sign up for the event? Uh, uh...it takes 24-48 hours. Useless people. Oh, and D23 FB and Twitter...zero response from them. Apparently they are the black hole when it comes to Disney social media.

Magic Feather

That's a shame that you're being given the run-around on a simple confirmation email, it's just further proof this whole thing was half-baked.

I know how you feel, I was one who didn't receive an email about the event in the first place (despite getting regular emails from Disney Destinations), and by the time I found out about it from my wife and social media on that Friday, it was "sold out."

I called the AP hotline (which is really just Vacation planning) and was bounced around to 3 different people who very quickly determined they didn't want to talk to me about the Avatar AP Preview. Finally got routed to a manager who said there was nothing he could do. He didn't even give me some token FP's. He did give me the Guest Services email, to air my grievances.

I sent an email to the address and was called back by the same woman who helped me with the Food & Wine AP tumbler issue, coincidentally. She actually took ownership of the situation and made it right.
By chance could you share (or just PM me) the email, if it is special, or is it just the general guest service email?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So there is apparently a D23 preview sign up for Gold Members today. If you go to the sign up page, it prompts you that if you are not a gold member you should sign up...which I did yesterday. Hmm, still showing me as a general member. D23's response? It takes 24-48 hours to process. So why tell people to upgrade to gold so they can sign up for the event? Uh, uh...it takes 24-48 hours. Useless people. Oh, and D23 FB and Twitter...zero response from them. Apparently they are the black hole when it comes to Disney social media.

Thanks for the heads up on this. This is how things played out for me when I had the same Passholder Preview issues I'm having now on the New Fantasyland Preview all those years ago. They never got it resolved then but I was able to get into the D23 preview for that one. I guess I'll have to throw my name in that hat to see if that works.

It is interesting to see that they are explicitly stating on their site that:
  • Signing up for the chance to attend does NOT guarantee admission to an exploration windows. D23 Members must receive a confirmation email to attend.
I fear a little DejaVu all over again starting here.

Stevek

Thanks for the heads up on this. This is how things played out for me when I had the same Passholder Preview issues I'm having now on the New Fantasyland Preview all those years ago. They never got it resolved then but I was able to get into the D23 preview for that one. I guess I'll have to throw my name in that hat to see if that works.

It is interesting to see that they are explicitly stating on their site that:
  • Signing up for the chance to attend does NOT guarantee admission to an exploration windows. D23 Members must receive a confirmation email to attend.
I fear a little DejaVu all over again starting here.
Yeah, I totally got that last part. I at least want the chance to put my name in the hat.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So D23 had web page issues with 'Page Not Found' errors when the links launched but they eventually started working. I completed the registration for what is basically a lottery to see if you 'might' be able to get a window to attend this preview. Now to wait again and see if I get an email for this one so I can at least see Pandora during one of the previews.

Stevek

So D23 had web page issues with 'Page Not Found' errors when the links launched but they eventually started working. I completed the registration for what is basically a lottery to see if you 'might' be able to get a window to attend this preview. Now to wait again and see if I get an email for this one so I can at least see Pandora during one of the previews.
It let me sign up so hopefully by the time they start picking folks, my gold upgrade will be in their system. If not, I also fired off an email to their event services folks (at the direction of D23 customer service) explaining that I just upgraded my membership, asking if they could help at least get me in the pool so I have a chance. Would be great to attend since we'll be visiting from So Cal and this just happened to pop up on the day we already had planned for DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom