Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

Cal1997

Went tonight from the 6-8 preview. What can I say, Amazing! Seems that the flight of passage line moved quickly and we practically walk on with the exception of waiting for our chamber to open. Kudos to disney!

HauntedMansionFLA

Went tonight from the 6-8 preview. What can I say, Amazing! Seems that the flight of passage line moved quickly and we practically walk on with the exception of waiting for our chamber to open. Kudos to disney!
Was it lit up when you were still there or was there too much daylight?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There was a CM conducting a survey during my preview.

I imagine a random sample of us will receive an email survey in the near future. Has Disney done this before with guest previews of new lands? Didn't they have an AP preview shortly before NFL opened?

Dizney Crew

We're going Monday for our preview, do they scan everyone's Magic Band or just the account holders band and let everyone else through? I've read on here that some only scanned 1 band and everyone else was let in. Reason I'm asking is because my daughter and I were planning on getting to AK early on Monday even though preview isn't till 2-5 slot. My wife will be meeting us at the park sometime later in the afternoon just don't know what time she will arrive and if I have to stay out of the land till she gets there or if we can enter early and she can meet us inside. I think we should be OK entering without her as its just like a regular FP correct? I just don't want to go in early and she can't get in. Thoughts?

Kman101

We're going Monday for our preview, do they scan everyone's Magic Band or just the account holders band and let everyone else through? I've read on here that some only scanned 1 band and everyone else was let in. Reason I'm asking is because my daughter and I were planning on getting to AK early on Monday even though preview isn't till 2-5 slot. My wife will be meeting us at the park sometime later in the afternoon just don't know what time she will arrive and if I have to stay out of the land till she gets there or if we can enter early and she can meet us inside. I think we should be OK entering without her as its just like a regular FP correct? I just don't want to go in early and she can't get in. Thoughts?

I thought I saw them scanning everyone's band in the line I was in to get in. I'd imagine it's linked to all of your bands and mine stayed on the MDE app for the duration of my time frame and I had even booked a FP for DHS while in Pandora and the FP for River Journey stayed on MDE. You can likely come and go (although I stayed in and didn't leave and try to re-enter) and the CM told me you could literally come right as your window ends and get in and spend as long as you want. I can't say for sure but I'd imagine if they scan her band she'll be fine. You can always ask one of the castmembers who are nearby. There seemed to be plenty of people scanning bands and managing the line people were waiting in. Most seemed fairly informed.

It's just like a regular FP.

Magic Feather

Was it lit up when you were still there or was there too much daylight?
Sorry, I know it wasn't directed towards me, but as a FWiW, got into the 6-8 slot yesterday, and it was mostly just the walkways, but a few of the features were up. The one that the CM said was new is on the trees to the right of Satu'li, there was a star shower effect in the plants. They were aimed at the lower plants, and looked great on those, but on the trees, they looked generic. *BUT* I am actually familiar with this chunk of landscaping, and know that those lasers should be hardly visible in the final product.

Jabbas

So they are waiting until opening to show everything lit up? Bummer. Not that I'm going to a preview or anything but I've got 2 years of waiting so I'm just drooling at all the pictures!

Babysinclair

We went last night and left around 8:40. No real lightning was going on. Very little on the floating mountains. The pathways were a big hit with the group as we walked out. Very bright paint that works with the black lights they had in the trees. We did however see a small creek bed that had plants light up. Also had 3 under water plants/effects going. Think Lily pads /jellyfish upside down with water moving it around.

disneygeek90

There was a CM conducting a survey during my preview.

I imagine a random sample of us will receive an email survey in the near future. Has Disney done this before with guest previews of new lands? Didn't they have an AP preview shortly before NFL opened?
They did have a preview for NFL. I don't recall if I received any survey after, but I did receive one the day after my Pandora trip.

Kman101

No survey for me so far ... weird because even if I had a FP and didn't go to the park I'd get a survey ... that was probably a year ago at this point. Maybe I need to actually stop avoiding the research castmembers ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom