Annual Pass Holders

Richards070712

Original Poster
I became an AP in February and received our AP Magic Bands a few weeks ago.

I booked a trip for October over the phone using my AP, and just found out today that they'll be sending new Magic Bands. (One for me, one for my wife, and one for our 3 month old)

I checked with a Cast Member and he said that I'll get a new Magic Band every trip I book.
If that's the case, what's the point of getting a AP Magic Bands, other than if you live near the parks and don't need to book a room.

This just seems like a waste of money if that's how they plan to proceed. Has anybody else seen this?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I became an AP in February and received our AP Magic Bands a few weeks ago.

I booked a trip for October over the phone using my AP, and just found out today that they'll be sending new Magic Bands. (One for me, one for my wife, and one for our 3 month old)

I checked with a Cast Member and he said that I'll get a new Magic Band every trip I book.
If that's the case, what's the point of getting a AP Magic Bands, other than if you live near the parks and don't need to book a room.

This just seems like a waste of money if that's how they plan to proceed. Has anybody else seen this?
The bands cost Disney about $4 each, so I believe they just consider it easier to make sure every resort guest is issued a band for each reservation. I'm sure the cost is well covered at the resort.

JohnD

Whether an AP holder or not, you get new MBs shipped to you when staying on property. The reason that you get an MB shipped to you specifically as an AP holder is that, in theory, you may never stay at a Disney resort, so you still have an MB to give you access. Basically an MB is an MB is an MB but acts differently depending on the situation.

1. If staying at a resort, it acts as your park admission, FP+ entry, touch-to-pay, and key card. This is true of the AP band shipped to you as well, assuming all are correctly linked to your AP profile (I ran into issues on my last trip but got those resolved).

2. If not staying at a resort, and you're an AP holder, any MB you have, including prior MBs obtained from a resort stay, acts only as your park admission and FP+ entry only. Not being a key card is self-explanatory. The reason that it doesn't work as touch-to-pay either is that when staying at a resort, charges go back to the room and not directly to a credit card. So when not staying at a resort, there is no room to charge to.

I assume you already know the differences in FP+ access for resort guests and APs. If not, here they are:
  • Resort Guest: 60 day advance window to make FP+ choices. FP+ good for length of stay, regardless how long.
  • AP holder: 30 day rolling window to make FP+ choices. Max of 7 days for booking FP+. However, if staying at a resort, resort privileges supercede AP.

G8rchamps

This.

AP, but we have a resort stay in June. I was able to get the coveted Anna and Elsa M&G this morning. We are 60 days out staying for 6 nights, A&E were only avail to me on days 64,65,66. Thank goodness for the resort stay so Daddy can look like a hero!

Richards070712

Original Poster
Whether an AP holder or not, you get new MBs shipped to you when staying on property. The reason that you get an MB shipped to you specifically as an AP holder is that, in theory, you may never stay at a Disney resort, so you still have an MB to give you access. Basically an MB is an MB is an MB but acts differently depending on the situation.

1. If staying at a resort, it acts as your park admission, FP+ entry, touch-to-pay, and key card. This is true of the AP band shipped to you as well, assuming all are correctly linked to your AP profile (I ran into issues on my last trip but got those resolved).

2. If not staying at a resort, and you're an AP holder, any MB you have, including prior MBs obtained from a resort stay, acts only as your park admission and FP+ entry only. Not being a key card is self-explanatory. The reason that it doesn't work as touch-to-pay either is that when staying at a resort, charges go back to the room and not directly to a credit card. So when not staying at a resort, there is no room to charge to.

I assume you already know the differences in FP+ access for resort guests and APs. If not, here they are:
  • Resort Guest: 60 day advance window to make FP+ choices. FP+ good for length of stay, regardless how long.
  • AP holder: 30 day rolling window to make FP+ choices. Max of 7 days for booking FP+. However, if staying at a resort, resort privileges supercede AP.
That's one issue I will need to address, my Fast Pass+ window is only 30 days right now, even though we're staying on site. 60 days out is August 20th, so I'm going to give it some time to change to 60 days before I question them.

JohnD

That's one issue I will need to address, my Fast Pass+ window is only 30 days right now, even though we're staying on site. 60 days out is August 20th, so I'm going to give it some time to change to 60 days before I question them.

Yes, you should have a 60 day window open up before your arrival date.

JohnD

Thanks, I didn't realize they only cost $4. No wonder they don't care to send them out. I still think its funny they are sending my 3 month old a band.

Early on they had proposed no MBs to toddlers. But I think WDW quickly got the message that the young-uns would be screaming bloody murder wondering why everyone else got colorful bracelets and they didn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom