Annual Pass Discount Question

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
So this weekend we are booking our November trip. I have been running the prices and it looks like it might be beneficial to do annual passes as we would like to go again in the next year. So my question is, if we book and have annual passes added to our reservation do we get to take advantage of the annual pass room discount (if they come out with one) on this trip if we don't activate the passes until the day we arrive?
Also, the Disney site states there are dining and merchandise discounts up to 20% for AP holders. I know people talk about the Tables In Wonderland card also being 20%. Do you need to do both? How limited are the AP dining discounts?

ToTBellHop

So this weekend we are booking our November trip. I have been running the prices and it looks like it might be beneficial to do annual passes as we would like to go again in the next year. So my question is, if we book and have annual passes added to our reservation do we get to take advantage of the annual pass room discount (if they come out with one) on this trip if we don't activate the passes until the day we arrive?
Also, the Disney site states there are dining and merchandise discounts up to 20% for AP holders. I know people talk about the Tables In Wonderland card also being 20%. Do you need to do both? How limited are the AP dining discounts?
Yes to your first question. The AP dining and merchandise discount reverts to 10% before you go. TiW is not necessary to take advantage.

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
Yes to your first question. The AP dining and merchandise discount reverts to 10% before you go. TiW is not necessary to take advantage.
Thank you! The 10% is good to know and helps with the justification. Also being able to pay with gift cards is nice since you can get a 5% discount on the gift cards.

As a follow up question do you know if you have pay in full when you add them to your order or does your deposit hold them? It will be paid for well before the actual trip so that we might be able to get the AP MB's.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Let me take a stab at these....

You do not need an active AP to book an AP rate room over the phone. You just need it at check in and even that can be hit or miss.

The dining discounts for the AP are pretty limited compared to the TiWL card. They also change pretty frequently. You will want to check what is included shortly before you leave. Here is the link to the current list. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...lder-benefits-and-discounts/dining-discounts/

Getting the TiWL card is a simple math question. If you will spend enough in one year to offset the cost then get it. The break even point is currently $750. One good thing about TiWL is nearly every table service restaurant on property takes it.
http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom