Annual Florida Family Trip

We just got back from our annual family trip to Florida. We've been doing this trip for the past 7 years, and every trip is a little different. Our group consists of 10 people - me, my DH, DD21, and DS17, my niece(20), nephew(16), nephew(12), their grandparents and aunt. We rented a 7 bedroom home in Poinciana - about a 15 - 20 minute drive from WDW. The house was gorgeous, complete with pool and hot tub:

kitchen.JPG

pool.JPG

We arrived Saturday afternoon, and spent a leisurely night preparing for a family party on Sunday to celebrate my mom's birthday. Since I have lots of family living all over the Florida area, we always invite them all to the rental house for the party and to catch up on each other. This year we had 20 people and 1 small dog there. The weather was cool that day, so it was nice to have a place where we could all be indoors comfortably. The party lasted 'til the exciting end to the Daytona 500 (for all the NASCAR fans), and the food lasted a lot longer! :lol:
Monday was President's Day, and we had week-long tickets to Universal, so we headed to the studios. Universal has never been our favorite, but the others in the group wanted to try it, so we went along. Dispite the holiday, and the huge influx of tourists into the Orlando area, the park was really not crowded at all. Wait times were quite reasonable, and we rode quite a few rides. It was OK, but definitely not Disney! Not bashing, just my own opinion.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Ha... yeah. :lol:

Great OTHER photos, too, y'know. :lookaroun
The Hulk had absolutely no wait Tuesday afternoon. In fact, while we were on Spiderman, 2 of the others in our group were able to ride Hulk and be finished with it before we got off Spiderman, which had about a 10 minute wait.

dandaman

Wow...

Like I said, March Break will probably yield a LOT more. I know 3 people in my first class alone that are visiting Universal during the week. :eek:

Nemo14

Original Poster
Glad you had a great time! :sohappy:

Isn't the Princess and Pirates Party great?

We absolutely loved it! I had given the niece and nephews the tickets for their birthdays, and our kids got theirs in their stockings for Christmas, and I was really worried that they'd all think it was too hokey for them (it's not easy being cool!), but they loved it. I'm hoping they'll do it again next year.

pinkrose

We absolutely loved it! I had given the nices and nephews the tickets for their birthdays, and our kids got theirs in their stockings for Christmas, and I was really worried that they'd all think it was too hokey for them (it's not easy being cool!), but they loved it. I'm hoping they'll do it again next year.

I'm glad they loved it! I hope also, that they do it again next year. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom