Annoying Notifications

JohnD

Original Poster
Anyone know how to turn off the notifications in MDE? Yes, I know that the Magic Band has shipped. I have it, in fact.

I click the "x" next to it, it spins, and nothing happens. Grr.

HurricaneHanna

I've had this problem for a month. We're home. We've been home for weeks but it still alerts me that my Magicband has shipped.
Any luck getting rid of yours yet @JohnD?

JohnD

Original Poster
I've had this problem for a month. We're home. We've been home for weeks but it still alerts me that my Magicband has shipped.
Any luck getting rid of yours yet @JohnD?

Nope. I'll probably just have to call WDW. Or just ignore and hope it goes away after my trip.

BTW, I now have two: 1) MB has shipped (yes, I know. I have it already). 2) DINOSAUR FP+ replaced. (I know this too. Thank you.) Sigh...

EJY

Hey all...I was having the same problem and just found out how to get rid of them. It didn't work on the My Disney Experience site alone. You have to clear it on the mobile app too. I went to notifications on the mobile app, swiped down (on an iPhone) and the notifications were removed. I logged into the site right after to check something and they were gone. Hope this works for you too!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hey all...I was having the same problem and just found out how to get rid of them. It didn't work on the My Disney Experience site alone. You have to clear it on the mobile app too. I went to notifications on the mobile app, swiped down (on an iPhone) and the notifications were removed. I logged into the site right after to check something and they were gone. Hope this works for you too!
Thank you for this info! It worked for me!

JohnD

Original Poster

Thank you! Still doesn't solve the bug on the desktop version but it did get rid of them.

EJY

Thank you! Still doesn't solve the bug on the desktop version but it did get rid of them.

Ah sorry....Do you have any other related apps or accounts that would receive notifications? Maybe they need to be cleared elsewhere. Once I cleared the notifications on my mobile app, the annoying orange #2 disappeared from My Disney Experience on my Mac.

JohnD

Original Poster
Ah sorry....Do you have any other related apps or accounts that would receive notifications? Maybe they need to be cleared elsewhere. Once I cleared the notifications on my mobile app, the annoying orange #2 disappeared from My Disney Experience on my Mac.

What I mean is: Clearing the notifications via the app clears them everywhere. So that is the definite solution. But you can't clear them if on the desktop version. There is an "x" next to each one. So you think you click it and the notification is gone. It isn't. But you just provided the work around.

EJY

What I mean is: Clearing the notifications via the app clears them everywhere. So that is the definite solution. But you can't clear them if on the desktop version. There is an "x" next to each one. So you think you click it and the notification is gone. It isn't. But you just provided the work around.

Ah I gotcha now. Yes, I kept clicking the "x" to no avail as well. I had a similar thing happen with a different mobile app and figured I'd give it a shot with this one. I'm happy it worked, because it was getting quite frustrating, haha.

JohnD

Original Poster
Ah I gotcha now. Yes, I kept clicking the "x" to no avail as well. I had a similar thing happen with a different mobile app and figured I'd give it a shot with this one. I'm happy it worked, because it was getting quite frustrating, haha.

You should contact MDE IT and tell them about the bug and the fix.

HurricaneHanna

OMG
I LOVE YOU !!!!
I thank you. My OCD thanks you :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom