Anniversary help

thrupaytonseyes

Hi all! First I want to thank everybody that gave suggestions a few weeks back for things to do for my MIL's bday while we are in WDW.

We will be there June 25- July 1, staying off-site. My husband and I got engaged at the Old Key West resort in the middle of June 2000. Later in the week we went to California Grille to celebrate. The night of our engagement was our first night at the World as we had just flown in about 2 hours before he proposed and we just went to DTD and ate at Wolfgang Puck's Express b/c we were so hungry and just wanted to eat quick! We will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary a week and 1/2 after we return from our trip.

Anyways I thought I would surprise him with SOMETHING to celebrate both of these occasions(not that we generally celebrate when we got engaged but I thought since we will be in the vicinity of where it happened near the time it happened we could celebrate it). I was thinking of making PS for California Grille again but am not sure if I want to go that route or do something even more romantic. Any ideas?And if I do go that route any suggestions of how to make it even more romantic? I was thinking of a Wishes cruise or Illuminations cruise or something like that. Anyone done those and can give me any feedback? How much that would cost, etc?

Thank you for any help!

BRER STITCH

I say a return to the "scene of the crime" would be most magical! :lol:

Re-create your engagement night as bet you can and I can't imagine how your husband wouldn't remember exactly why he fell in love with you all over again!

Nothing too fancy is needed. You don't want to outshine other bigger events to come in your relatioinship like anniversaries, etc...

At most you might want to time it for when the fireworks go off over the castle and stand arm in arm on the balcony sipping your favorite wine between dinner and dessert.

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

FROM allears.net

WISHES CRUISES
Wishes Cruises are available, leaving from any of the Magic Kingdom area resort marinas. There are two choices, the Pontoon Basic and the Pontoon Premium. As with the IllumiNations cruises, when you rent either boat, it belongs to your party for the show; meaning the only people there will be the ones you've invited!

Pontoon Basic: A 21-foot pontoon boat, which seats a maximum of 8. The price for the Pontoon Basic is $187.79 + tax, and the cost includes a driver, bagged snacks (pretzels, chips, popcorn), water and Coke products. Audio from Wishes is NOT piped in to the Pontoon Basic.

Pontoon Premium: A 24-foot pontoon boat, which seats a maximum of 10. The price for the Pontoon Premium is $234.74 + tax, and the cost includes a driver, bagged snacks (pretzels, chips, popcorn), water and Coke products. Audio from Wishes IS piped in to the Pontoon Premium.

For a real treat, you can book a VIP Cruise at the time of the fireworks. VIP Cruises are available on the Grand1, a 45-foot Sea Ray 450 Express Bridge yacht, offering private dining, butler service, and a captain. Cruises are for 1-13 people, and start at $375.58 per hour, with a one-hour minimum. Call 407-824-2682 for information/reservations. 48-hour cancellation notice required or you will be charged in full.

Upvote 0

mathmagic

For our 5th anniversary I arranged to have giftsofalifetime.com send my husband on a sort of scavenger hunt through the Magic Kingdom where he was finally led to the wishing well on the path in front of the castle. When he got there, I was waiting for him and they performed a mock "ceremony" where we basically renewed our vows. It was very emotional once he realized what we were doing.

I highly recommend checking them out. They can arrange almost any kind of event you'd like. You just need to give them sufficient time to prepare, so contact them sooner rather than later.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

thrupaytonseyes said:
DO you remember about how much the gifts of a lifetime thing was?

Where in CT are you Mathmagic? I am in Danbury! Way too far from the Mouse!

What I got from their website:

Events like that START at $250 - $275 according to prices listed there.

There is a questionnaire to fill out to personalize (and drive up the cost) of your event.

Planning needed is 14 days to 3 months, depending on what's involved.

Check it out for yourself at:

www.giftsofalifetime.com

HAVE FUN!!!

:wave:

Upvote 0

mathmagic

I honestly can't remember what we paid, but I doubt it was even close to $250 because I just can't afford that. Filling out the questionnaire is free with no obligation, but they do ask that you are serious and not just fooling around and wasting their time becuase they put a lot of effort into giving you great ideas.

I'm in East Hampton, BTW!

Upvote 0

jesserin

How about having your MIL help out a little - one of the biggest things that giftsofalifetime provides is an extra hand to take the pictures so y'all can see everything later... if your MIL stepped into this roll you could easily plan something with her at the camera (if she has a steady hand ;) ) and it would be a whole lot less expensive...

I love the Cali Grill idea - as it holds a special place in my DH & I's relationship too - we love revisiting and remembering those special moments... Remember - it doesn't take drastic measures to bring back the memories - or kindle some romance... just the two of you and a little immagination -

How about having your MIL head over to Old Key West with you and get some nice photo's at the "spot" he proposed... this would make for some beautiful pictures in the years to come... and then maybe celebrate by heading over to the Cali Grille - I'm sure the memories will be flooding back by then! :D

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Maybe it's cause I'm a guy....
but for this "lesser" anniversary, I would suggest that it be lower key. I think it would be very nice to revisit the "original" restaurants. To go somewhere new, you may try Artist's Point that is quiet and relaxing.

Our favorite endulgence is Victoria and Albert's, but we have usually saved that for very special celebrations, like 10 yr anniversaries and such.

Maybe buy a piece of artwork to commemorate your date. That way you will take it home and always be able to have it as a fond memory.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
but for this "lesser" anniversary, I would suggest that it be lower key. I think it would be very nice to revisit the "original" restaurants. To go somewhere new, you may try Artist's Point that is quiet and relaxing.

Our favorite endulgence is Victoria and Albert's, but we have usually saved that for very special celebrations, like 10 yr anniversaries and such.

Maybe buy a piece of artwork to commemorate your date. That way you will take it home and always be able to have it as a fond memory.

I actually would normally agree but we very rarely get down to Disney around the time we got engaged and the time of our wedding anniv b/c we go down around Christmastime. So that is why I wanted to do something special. Actually not even necessarily for our anniversary but to be romantic. Just figured doing something with a big price tag I should probably just use it as my anniv gift to him.

Our first Valentine's Day together he surprised me with a limo ride to NYC(about a 1hr 15 min- 1 hr 30 min ride) and tickets to see Beauty & the Beast on Broadway then took me to a romantic dinner back near home. It was just so romantic that I thought it's time for me to do a surprise romantic thing for him. And my MIL already said she would take care of our son for the evening so we can have some couple time. SO I figured it would be the perfect time to romance him!!!!

Thanks everybody for the great ideas so far. Still not sure what I will end up doing!!!

Upvote 0

jesserin

thrupaytonseyes said:
SO I figured it would be the perfect time to romance him!!!!

Atta girl, more ladies ought to romance their hubby's - seems too many gals expect to be romanced all the time and don't want to give any romancin to their husbands... good for you! :sohappy:

:D

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
ClemsonTigger said:

Hello CT!

I second Victoria and Albert's. Especially the with the wine pairings.

Pam

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We've been visiting WDW on our anaversary for the last 5 years. We always make a whole day of it, not just one meal. In the morning we always eat at Kona Cafe at Poly. We honeymooned there and ate at Kona every morning, so it's become tradition.

Diner for the last few years has become Flying Fish. While not a romatic quiet spot, it sure is great food.

And then we end the evening off with fireworks at Epcot. And last year we finnaly got the Breathless cruise. So it was extra special, while being a bit expensive. But it was worth it.

So I'd say "do the whole day". Fill it from morning to night with extas and make the whole day a special day.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

There really are a lot of options. I certainly agree with Victoria & Alberts, but it is more classic romantic. I also like the "return to the scene of the crime" idea, but perhaps add something to it.

Some other options:
Dinner at the Bistro du Paris in France followed by an Illuminations Cruise.
Narcoosee's followed by a nice boat ride (doesn't have to be a Wishes cruise necessarily).
Trip to the Spa at one of the resorts (little girly, but I'll bite that bullet and admit that a massage can be pretty nice).

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

Original Poster
Okay so now I am thinking of going to Olivia's for dinner since we got engaged at OKW, then booking a Wishes cruise. What do you think? How is the food at Olivia's? We only ate breakfast there and that was in 2000. Do you need an ADR?

Or should I just go with California Grill?

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom