Pre-Trip Anniversary/1st time. WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!! Plus a past trips mini report

My anniversary with my boyfriend of 2 years is September 21st and so far each year we go on a vacation. We started thinking about where to go in April and over and over I kept dreaming of WDW. I have been to WDW a handful of times, and considering I am writing a pre-trip report because I can’t contain my excitement, I am obsessed! I have never been as an adult and always with family. Going back the year of my 21st birthday and with my favorite person in the entire world, I could not stop day dreaming, to me it was a dream vacation! My boyfriend has never been to Disney anything and our experience with six flags last year was absolutely horrible, so he needed quite a bit of convincing. I think I went on and on about it for maybe 2 weeks, he was either annoyed or I have master powers of persuasion, because finally he says “so Disneyworld huh?” Eeeeek! That means yes! Then it was the waiting game… I knew we wanted “free” dining, and I knew WDW typically released its free dining plan deals for September around May, as soon as they did I booked us a reservation! We are going to DISNEYWORLD!!

Who: Myself, Ciara and My boyfriend, Billy.

11076246_1067826226567346_8681303412030525415_n.jpg

What: An Anniversary/First time trip to WDW with a day at Universal Studios!

When: September 20th-26th

Where: Pop Century Resort

6 day Water Park & more tickets, a 1 day park to park universal studios ticket and a standard Disney dining plan

Billy is looking forward to feeling like he’s on vacation, so I’m trying not to go too crazy but Disney is so much more enjoyable with a little planning. So far the plans look like this… I have tweaked the ADRs about 5 times so who knows they may change!

September 19th

We both work this day :( until about 5pm, we have a couple hours to relax and then it’s off to PDX to catch our late night flight. I do not like flying overnight but is was way cheaper and got us there early enough to enjoy almost a whole day!

September 20th

We should arrive to our hotel before check in time. I’d love to think they may have our room ready early but were not banking on it. We are packing swimsuit in our carry-ons, ditching our bags and heading to Blizzard beach. We LOVE waterparks, maybe more than the theme parks! After, we have a later dinner ADR at the Olivia café, a place I have desired to go for some time, I’m very excited for this one! Depending on time and how we are feeling we may hit EPCOT after dinner

September 21st

Our anniversary! We are headed to studios this day, they have EMH. Knowing studios is slowly trimming down to almost nothing, I figured we could fit two ADRs. I told Billy to pick out a restaurant for lunch and he chose Planet Hollywood, not exactly special but we have nothing like it here plus I think the movie stuff is cool! We also have a dinner ADR at 50’s prime time café, a favorite of mine! We will be sure to catch fantasmic! As I’ve barely seen any fireworks shows/parades in all my times in WDW!

September 22nd

Universal studios! We are beyond excited to experience Harry Potter world! Neither of us have been here and we have no real idea of how to navigate these parks so any help on that would be wonderful! The plan as of now is to take Uber from our hotel to Studios. Start in one park, work our way back to the Harry Potter section, have lunch here or possibly mythos? Take the Hogwarts Express train to the other section of harry potter, and work our way to that park entrance. For dinner I think we will stick around and eat at one of the CityWalk restaurants after the park closes. Suggestions? I know this is a WDW forum but any Studios tips would be super helpful!

September 23rd

For the most part this is our most relaxing day, we will be visiting Animal Kingdom!! They have morning EMH. Since the park is only open till 5pm we plan to spend the evening in the new Disney springs shopping or maybe just kicking back at the hotel depending how we feel. We have two ADRs this day since it’s not a packed schedule. For lunch we have an ADR at the rainforest café, again not spectacular for all but something to see for us! For dinner, we have an ADR at the amazing Raglan Road. I’m really hoping we end up staying at Disney springs for the evening! I’d love to see all the changes and hang around a bit, I genuinely enjoyed the time I spent at the old downtown Disney.

September 24th

Finally, my most favorite park, Magic Kingdom!! I can’t believe we won’t be going here until a couple days into our vacation, but you better believe we will be here all day! We have an 8:05 am ADR for Be Our Guest, this reservation was a tough one to snatch. My advice is to check every day! And check early, they state online that breakfast reservations are released 90 days in advance but they actually released the times 94 days in advance in my case, no one must have been expecting this because I had CHOICES for breakfast times. We have another ADR this day as well, we wanted a character meal so Chef Mickeys for Dinner it is!

September 25th

It’s our last full day, but the first day of the Epcot food and wine festival! We wanted to make sure we got to visit BOTH waterparks while we are there so the plan is to hit Typhoon Lagoon first thing when they open, enjoy the park early and head to EPCOT in the afternoon to enjoy the festival! I have never been to Food and wine and I’m super excited! There are no ADRs this day so we can snack and drink around the world as we please with no worries about a schedule! If were still hungry for a meal I figure we can grab something quick!

September 26th

We don’t take off until about 7pm, I think we should be able to hang around Disney till about 4pm. There are literally no plans this day! I’m not sure what we are going to enjoy the most, so were leaving it up in the air! We may see the kingdom one last time or head to Epcot for more food and wine, maybe a waterpark, who knows! It’s literally making me sad to type about my last day in Disney :( who wants dream vacations to end!

We can’t book FP+ until July 22nd, but my plan is to book the big hitters for late afternoon and evening.

So there ya have it, my first ever pre-trip reporting! Yay! I am planning on writing a full trip report, possibly live? Not sure! Food and drinks will be a big part of this trip and my goal is to take a picture of literally everything I eat or drink, actually we both hope to go photo crazy as this is something we usually slack on. I also ordered a copy of the hidden mickeys book and I can’t wait to see how many we find!

I just discovered this wonderful world of trip reporting not too long ago but I love reading everyone’s trip reports! And I hope you all enjoy mine!

Have a MAGICAL day! :happy:

Ciara

Original Poster
Ahh! That means your trip is soon too!! Im getting crazy excited, are you??
Leaving work for a whole week is like a dream come true, this will be the first Saturday ive taken off, heck ive never taken this many days in a row, in like 2 years! I cant wait to be in my magic bubble :):)

sheriffwoody

OMG yes of course! I have quite the list of items i want to try. Did you pick out your must-have items yet?
I did, but I accidentally used the 2014 menus :facepalm:. I still need to do that for the 2015 stuff. I am so wishy washy though, so I'll probably change my mind while I'm there! I'd love to try one thing from each kiosk if I can manage it! Husband and I could share stuff :)

Under 40 days for you now! woot!

Ciara

Original Poster
I did, but I accidentally used the 2014 menus :facepalm:. I still need to do that for the 2015 stuff. I am so wishy washy though, so I'll probably change my mind while I'm there! I'd love to try one thing from each kiosk if I can manage it! Husband and I could share stuff :)

Under 40 days for you now! woot!

I looked at both menus and i think they were similar! All the food looks so amazing :rolleyes: We will definitely try sharing most food items, in hopes to save money and room in our bellies!

Omg i know, the anticipation is KILLING me!! How am i suppose to keep sane? haha

RyPat

Well its official, my boyfriend thinks i'm crazy! I wont shut up about Disney, anytime i can bring it up, i do. I think my boyfriend is starting to realize just how special Disney is to me though, and that's making him more excited! I realized after reading more on here that i have been missing some amazing foods. I came up with a little list of my "want to try" items. Blue= Non-Alcoholic drink, Green=FOOD, Purple= Adult beverage

Magic Kingdom-

Lefou’s brew

Dole whip float

Disney Studios-

Butterfinger cupcake

EPCOT-

School bread

School Bread is an absolute MUST try! I plan on having at least 3 when i go down for Labor Day weekend :)

Ciara

Original Poster
31 days!! One month!! :D:p Time isn't quite ticking by AS slow! Only feels like a week ago we were at 45 days but it was actually two weeks ago! So that's something haha. I still wish time would go faster! Im sure once Sept 1 hits things will be maddness at work (beginning of the month always is) and then time will really fly. I ordered some Disney movies from Netflix to occupy me while i impatiently wait :rolleyes: I've got mary poppins, princess diaries, sleeping beauty, princess and the frog, maleficent ,brave, monster university, toy story and finding nemo on the way! Any other suggestions? I've already watched all of the other princess movies! What do you guys to to keep you occupied while you wait??

StephK

Wow how exciting for you!! I can actually really relate its crazy! I had to talk about Disney non stop for about 3 weeks before my BF went 'Okay I suppose were doing this'. :) We do live in Australia though so its a bit more of a hike but its totally worth it in my eyes. I have never been more carefree, happy & excited then when we spent 3 days at WDW in 2013 & this time we're going for 10 whole days in October & spending 2 at Universal. So happy & excited for you guys!!! You'll enjoy every minute!!

Ciara

Original Poster
Wow how exciting for you!! I can actually really relate its crazy! I had to talk about Disney non stop for about 3 weeks before my BF went 'Okay I suppose were doing this'. :) We do live in Australia though so its a bit more of a hike but its totally worth it in my eyes. I have never been more carefree, happy & excited then when we spent 3 days at WDW in 2013 & this time we're going for 10 whole days in October & spending 2 at Universal. So happy & excited for you guys!!! You'll enjoy every minute!!

Disney is where my heart is the happiest! Its home :inlove: I'm so happy i was able to convince him to try it out, i hope he loves it! I still have a hard time believing that we will be there in one month! How exciting that your going back!! I look forward to the trip report that will hopefully follow :)

Ciara

Original Poster
I love your excitement, reminds me of myself :) You are going to have so much fun!
ps. pineapple drink = Lapu Lapu (aka best thing I have EVER had)!

Haha cant help it! Disney gets me crazy excited :D:D I really cannot wait, its so close!

I will definitely get a Lapu Lapu :hungry:

ScarletBegonias

I can't believe I just now found your PTR!!! We have 7 days left today!!! WOOHOO!!! We are going to be in Uni the same day as you, so you will have to keep an eye out! I'm wearing a green and white Hogwarts shirt that has the crest with all four schools on it! I feel kind of weird because it's Slytherin colors, but I liked it better than the other tank top I bought!!!

We are getting so close!!! Next week at this time, I will have been on the road for 14 minutes!!! LOL!

Ciara

Original Poster
I can't believe I just now found your PTR!!! We have 7 days left today!!! WOOHOO!!! We are going to be in Uni the same day as you, so you will have to keep an eye out! I'm wearing a green and white Hogwarts shirt that has the crest with all four schools on it! I feel kind of weird because it's Slytherin colors, but I liked it better than the other tank top I bought!!!
We are getting so close!!! Next week at this time, I will have been on the road for 14 minutes!!! LOL!

Omg i cant believe its so close, been counting down for soooo long! I will look out for you ;) Me and my boyfriend have matching red shirts that have potter #7 on them haha we had a hard time choosing! Are you guys doing both UNI parks?

Thats craziness! Im gonna be freaking out tomorrow knowing im one week from take off!

ScarletBegonias

Omg i cant believe its so close, been counting down for soooo long! I will look out for you ;) Me and my boyfriend have matching red shirts that have potter #7 on them haha we had a hard time choosing! Are you guys doing both UNI parks?

Thats craziness! Im gonna be freaking out tomorrow knowing im one week from take off!

We will keep an eye out! I have a floral half sleeve on my right arm. It stands out! :) we will be childless this day too, which is awesome! We want as much time as we can to explore. yes! We have tickets to both parts and are going back on Friday again! We are obsessed with HP and want as much time as possible to see. On Friday though, we will have our daughter.

Ciara

Original Poster
We will keep an eye out! I have a floral half sleeve on my right arm. It stands out! :) we will be childless this day too, which is awesome! We want as much time as we can to explore. yes! We have tickets to both parts and are going back on Friday again! We are obsessed with HP and want as much time as possible to see. On Friday though, we will have our daughter.

Were both tall, and of course will be matching.. Haha. I'm jealous you guys are going two days! We would love more time with HP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom