Animation Academy?

morgan22

Original Poster
I've just read something about the Animation Academy on another thread and wondered what it is - i've never heard of it before.... is it something you can do after Animation tour? (we haven't done this in about 10years!!) DH would love to do this as he thinks of himself as a bit of an artist I think it would be really good fun.

Also, 6 days to go and I still think it's too early to start packing - what's wrong with me!!!!!!!

brkgnews

Yep -- it's one of the offshoot rooms in the big display area that you enter after you sit and watch the video/live action thing about how cartoons are made.

Shows start every 15 minutes, I beleive -- you sit at drawing boards, and a cast member shows you (on a big screen projection of their drawing board) how to draw a Disney character (while you follow along on your own piece of paper).

Good wholesome fun. :)

Ayeembored

That was my children's FAVORITE thing that they did this year... Twice, during the heat of the afternoon, my daughters and I hopped over to MGM just so they could do the drawing.

Best part was, my younger daughter kept going up the the artist after the lesson, and showing her drawing. When she showed her Stich, which she had put a pirate eyepatch on because she messed up an eye and didn't want anyone to see, the artist gave her the drawing that he worked on. What a big grin that created for the rest of the trip!

I'm fully expecting to have to spend a lot of time in there next year, as well. At least it's air conditioned. *grins*

By the way, the artists mentioned that they do seven characters in there. We did Pooh, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Stitch. What are the other two? I'd guess Minnie and Pluto, but I don't know.

C&D

Here's one I did a while back................................I know, don't quit my day job :lol: (it will all be fixed by my clean-up artist) :animwink:

CopyofDonalddrawing.jpg

stephdanielle

After having been to Disney at least 10 or so times and never having done it (or the Animation Tour thing), my boyfriend and I did it and I REALLY enjoyed it! Very fun!

Also, at the end of the "class" my boyfriend went up and asked the artist for his drawing, which he seemed totally surprised by, but gave it to us. Made for a cool souvenier - better than paying however much for something similar in a store! :)

Momx3

I wrote about his in the other thread. We did it 3 times in a row. My kids loved it. After our 3rd time the animator signed and graded my kids works. They all bought books about how to draw and have used them alot. We drew Mickey, Pooh and Pluto during the class. Even I who can't draw stick people made some good drawings.

Mickey&Minnie

You can also skip the preshow after doing it atleast once. You can sneak in the back way. The preshow is the same every time, and if for some chance you have a fp for the time after you get out of the preshow, still go back to do the drawing. My husban and love doing this and actually hae several posted on our wall. It does make for cute souveniers. We too got one of the artist and bought a frame to hang on the wall.

Launchpad McQuack

Time to bump a really old thread, I guess.

As many times as I have been to WDW, I have never done this, and I didn't even know about it until recently. My wife watches "See Ya Real Soon" couple (whose names I cannot remember) on YouTube all the time, and she learned about it from watching them.

Anyone know who it is they are drawing there now (if it has changed, at all)? I am planning on doing this when we go in a few weeks.

belledream

As many times as I have been to WDW, I have never done this, and I didn't even know about it until recently. My wife watches "See Ya Real Soon" couple (whose names I cannot remember) on YouTube all the time, and she learned about it from watching them.

Anyone know who it is they are drawing there now (if it has changed, at all)? I am planning on doing this when we go in a few weeks.
It could change every session, not just every day/every so often. Sometimes CMs will just declare that we are drawing ____ today, and others will give you a range or choices and let you vote.

todd23

Joe and Ashley (the "See Ya Real Soon" couple) are awesome! We watch their videos all the time and are amazed at how similar we are to them.

PineapplePrincess

As stated above, sometimes you'll get an artist who just tells you what you're going to draw, and other times they give you choices and you vote. Some of the artists will give their drawing to the first person who asks, and some others might ask a trivia question and give it to the first person with the correct answer. My tip for you is to take an empty paper towel roll to put your drawings in when you're finished so they don't get messed up.

Launchpad McQuack

Thanks. I actually work for a company that sells licensed photography and wall art, so I have already snapped a tube that someone returned a photo in, so it's big enough and sturdier than a regular cardboard tube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom