Animal Kingdom's Sumatran Tiger is Pregnant

neoshinok

I wonder how long before the baby is out at all? In January I was lucky enough to see the baby elephant on the very first day she was out, during the short time she was out. A CM later explained to me how babies are let out (at least the ones on the savannah). The first day, they are let out for a short time, then brought back for "vet check" to ***** their stress level etc. to the situation, then the next day a little longer, the next day....until eventually they can be out all day. I'd love to be able to see this baby tiger.

Took me a minute to figure out what got bleeped by the site. I'm guessing it was 'assess' but with one s on the end :)

IanDLBZF

Cubs were born.
tenor.gif

I am Timmy

I am so excited! I hope so much that they will be out and about by my Dec. trip, but if not I will just watch the the video with mama and her two babies. They are so beautiful and perfect! When my boys were little, seeing animals was a favorite at DW. They love our zoo, too. Always enjoyed learning about the conservation efforts as well, so this will be a lovely addition.

Rider

Cubs update: two weeks later they are still doing well but mom won't let the keepers or vets near them so still no idea of the gender.

A cast member I spoke with told me that both mom and cubs will be off exhibit until early next year. The cubs need to grow and be more independent before the keepers would be comfortable letting them free in the exhibit.

In the meantime dad will have the whole place to himself.

324C1784-3A0E-46D9-AF0A-876151D7FBA1.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Cubs update: two weeks later they are still doing well but mom won't let the keepers or vets near them so still no idea of the gender.

A cast member I spoke with told me that both mom and cubs will be off exhibit until early next year. The cubs need to grow and be more independent before the keepers would be comfortable letting them free in the exhibit.

In the meantime dad will have the whole place to himself.

View attachment 226333
Enjoy the quiet, Dad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom