Animal Kingdom tidbits

flyerjab

My family spent the majority of Thanksgiving in DAK. The cast member working at the DVC kiosk near what will be the future entrance of Pandora really appreciated all of the information I had regarding all of the projects going on at the park where he works! :D

The tamarin exhibit is very well done and placed at a great little spot. The 2 tamarins in the exhibit were putting on a great show; climbing all over the trees and structure in their enclosure. They are definitely interesting little animals. They are very small and play like little kids. This contrasts strangely against some of their white hair and sort of old looking faces. They really are unique animals and are worth checking out.

SilentWindODoom

Huh. The Magic Kingdom entrance is one thing, but I thought the different colored concretes everyone was complaining about in Animal Kingdom was extremely fitting. In DI, Africa, Asia, Adventureland, and Frontierland, mismatching concrete and patches like that just seem to fit the theme.

Phil12

Huh. The Magic Kingdom entrance is one thing, but I thought the different colored concretes everyone was complaining about in Animal Kingdom was extremely fitting. In DI, Africa, Asia, Adventureland, and Frontierland, mismatching concrete and patches like that just seem to fit the theme.
I agree. It gives the feeling of sloppy, quick and unskilled repair and/or repairs that would be done with substandard materials. It's the very sort of repair work that would be done in a third world impoverished or frontier area where you have to use whatever materials are available.

dreamscometrue

I suspect that everyone who calls DAK a half-day park doesn't do the walking
trails. I spend a bunch of time watching the gorillas and tigers every time I go!

Us as well.

And we always spend time at Rafiki's Planet watch. It's a chance to really slow down. DAK has always been a place where we spend many hours, but will be even moreso in a couple years, with all the additions.

Oh, and we usually have Gi-Tar Dan create a song for some poor sap back home who couldn't come with us on vacation. We record it of course, put it on Youtube, and send that person, and several other friends, the link. :D

drew81

Original Poster
For anyone who cares...the lemurs are back
DSCF9489.JPG
DSCF9495.JPG

flyerjab

Don't know where else to post this one so just thought that I would put it here. From the Orlando Theme Park News Site:

As part of the largest expansion in the history of Animal Kingdom, new nighttime entertainment acts will be added for Guests to enjoy after the sun goes down.
To prepare for these new shows, Animal Kingdom's entertainment cast will be hosting early dress rehearsals around the Tree of Life after park close on June 22, 23, and 24. The Animals, Science & Environment team will be engaged and will make sure that this will have no impact on the welfare of the nearby animals.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 10. Quite a bit of the dense vegetation has been removed from the Tree of Life "photo op" location on the trail between Africa and Asia. This allows more light on the trail and more of the Tree of Life in the background of photo shoots. Other areas on this trail overlooking the river remain densely forested.

IMG_5732.JPG

Unplugged

Photo update as of Friday, July 10. Quite a bit of the dense vegetation has been removed from the Tree of Life "photo op" location on the trail between Africa and Asia. This allows more light on the trail and more of the Tree of Life in the background of photo shoots. Other areas on this trail overlooking the river remain densely forested.

Yeah, the trademarked tree/logo should be prominent, but hide that river....don't want anyone thinking there used to be boats or something calming in there! ;)

Bolt

View attachment 100628
Either for air flow in the park or more photo ops when the Tree is lit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom