Animal Kingdom "secret path"

Jerm

Original Poster
Just cause I am going in 2 weeks and would love to see if anyone has gone by here in a while to check on the access to the path.

BUMP!

Yoop33

Was there the other day and was asking a few cast members about it and no one seemed to know what I was talking about

jakeman

CM's know nothing 90% of the time, you'd be better off just going to find it yourself.
That's not really fair.

You are talking about something that hasn't been truely available to guest for 5-6 years now.

New cast members would have no reason to know about this area.

ABigBrassBand

That's not really fair.

You are talking about something that hasn't been truely available to guest for 5-6 years now.

New cast members would have no reason to know about this area.

Maybe its just my experiences then, not just with that, but other things too :shrug:

There are the CM's that are just there because they live close and can work at minimum wage, and then there are the CM's that truly ARE amazing and have the spirit of WDW bestowed in them.

NiarrNDisney

Just cause I am going in 2 weeks and would love to see if anyone has gone by here in a while to check on the access to the path.

BUMP!

I was there only two weeks ago and from what I saw not much has changed.
The path is slowly disappearing due to overgrowth but after taking only a few steps into the brush and standing tall I was able to see the chair still resting near the tree.

jakeman

Maybe its just my experiences then, not just with that, but other things too :shrug:

There are the CM's that are just there because they live close and can work at minimum wage, and then there are the CM's that truly ARE amazing and have the spirit of WDW bestowed in them.
First off, while Disney does not pay well, they do start above minimum wage.

Secondly, what you described is called life. There is good and bad wherever you go.

I doubt that 90% of CMs know nothing though.

Jerm

Original Poster
I am hoping we'll have an update here in 2 weeks with some pics. (hint) :D

Enjoy your trip.

If there is one thing you can count on from me is pictures!!!!!!!! I will do my best to get as many as I can, last time I visited I could not even find the entrance anymore it was so overgrown! But I will be looking!

ABigBrassBand

First off, while Disney does not pay well, they do start above minimum wage.

Secondly, what you described is called life. There is good and bad wherever you go.

I doubt that 90% of CMs know nothing though.

90% of the CM's that I've talked to? Yes, but I'm not asking you to have my opinion either. I know there is good/bad wherever I go, but I can't just not address it, because frankly I usually end up with the bad. And I didn't know that they started above minimum wage, thanks for the info:wave:

brent2124

I went back there earlier this year but the last 3 times I have been at AK they have been doing character meet and greets back there.

mitchk

If there is one thing you can count on from me is pictures!!!!!!!! I will do my best to get as many as I can, last time I visited I could not even find the entrance anymore it was so overgrown! But I will be looking!

That's how it was in Jan 10'. I had to keep asking my wife "Is this where it was?" :( Like I said in the other thread, I went in, but only made it up the hill before I was stopped by 2 different CM's. BTW, someone said the chair is back :confused: I have not seen that chair in at least a year, and a half :shrug:

NiarrNDisney

BTW, someone said the chair is back :confused: I have not seen that chair in at least a year, and a half :shrug:

Yeah the chair was there the first week of May, it was tipped back against the tree. I had to walk a bit up the hill to see it, but there it was.

PhilharMagician

That's how it was in Jan 10'. I had to keep asking my wife "Is this where it was?" :( Like I said in the other thread, I went in, but only made it up the hill before I was stopped by 2 different CM's. BTW, someone said the chair is back :confused: I have not seen that chair in at least a year, and a half :shrug:

What did the CM's have to say?

mitchk

Yeah the chair was there the first week of May, it was tipped back against the tree. I had to walk a bit up the hill to see it, but there it was.

Hey, what up my good man. How have you been? Was it still the same old broken, crusty chair we all love :D

mitchk

This was April 08' the last time I saw the chair :shrug:

picture.php

Jerm

Original Poster
So with this posting I would say the hidden path is dead.........I walked past it two times and not only has one side been covered with the trees and such, but they put the character meet and greet right at the other side. I would hope some day it is brought back, but that is asking a lot!

This is the Africa side....
4685903699_1ca551c69f.jpg

And here is what has become of the Asia side....
4686539174_5ab55a17c8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom