Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

We will be at Disney World for 2 full days. Originally we planned to spend one full day at Magic Kingdom and one full day at the Animal Kingdom. But the more we plan it looks like Hollywood Studios has a lot we want to see. I was thinking a half a day at 2 of the parks and one full day probably at the Magic Kingdom. But it seems like a half will not be enough at the parks. If you had to choose either the Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios which would you choose and why?

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Title very misleading there.. o_O

Definitely Universal Studios. Right now, out of the 4 parks at Disney I would only choose Magic Kingdom over Universal. Not even Epcot at the moment... Universal Studios has a LOT more to offer! While you can probably get Animal Kingdom done in about 5 or 6 hours at the most.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm confused... Universal Studios & Hollywood Studios are two different places...

If you are actually referring to Universal Studios, then I would choose that over Animal Kingdom.
But if you are asking Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom... I would pick Animal Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Depends on what you're into. Both parks are very show-heavy, with a couple rides.

If you have small kids, you'll get more out of Animal Kingdom. If you have older kids, they'll enjoy DHS thrill rides and stunt shows more.

If it's just two of you, you need to tell us a bit more about your interests before something can be recommended.

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

I say Hollywood Studios. You can do and see everything in a half day without feeling rushed, and you are strategically located to make the most of the rest of your day. Take the ferry to The Beach Club & have a sundae at Beaches & Cream
Or check out Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Both have their advantages depending on what draws you to each park. For me DHS edges out AK. I'm more drawn to ToT, RnR, ST, Fantasmic and other things I enjoy than AK features.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Honestly, of the 2 choices, I would do a full day at AK. DHS is not worth the $95 for me do consider even doing a half day! It depends on whether there is sufficient amount of things that you want to see desite the shape its in and the things that are happening. Remember Backlot tour is closed, there is construction beside Toy Story Mania and a few other things. I would go to AK if I were you, but if it were me I wouldn't go to AK because to me its nothing but a big zoo-like park with a few thrill rides. In this case I would opt to go to Uni.

Upvote 0

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I would vote for AK over DHS as I find a lot more to do in AK. That being said I don't do "thrill" rides as I suffer from motion sickness... so that really limits the appeal of DHS for me. AK is so immersive and well themed. I thinks KS is one of the best attractions in all of WDW. Better dining choices in AK as well. Plus I don't notice the crowds or feel rushed at AK like I do sometimes at DHS. My DH and I always spend half a day to a day at DHS during our 10 day trips but spend most of our time at MK and AK! :happy:

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

We frequently visit both parks in the same day. We'll start at AK rope drop, finish the majority of the park by 1-2PM, then head on over to HS until close. It's a busy day, but plenty of shows (and the bus ride) to take a rest. If I had to nix one or the other, I'd probably choose HS over AK, even though I feel like AK is the more "complete" and enjoyable park at the moment. I just love ending my day with Fantasmic!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom