Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens?

drdoom1001

Right now Busch Gardens is getting an update to the back of the park and Shiekra went floorless today. So its really "your" opinion. Busch Gardens is good for the rollercoasters and their savannah is alright but Animal Kingdom is MUCH better. To get out on the savanna at BG you have to pay $50 bucks but Kilimanjaro is FREE, well with admission. Yes you get to pet and feed the animals but hey.

So it all depends on the person but Busch Gardens is nice, just Animal Kingdom is NAHT-A-ZOO. :)

The savannah tour at BGT is a special tour where you can touch and feed giraffes,see hippos,orangutan's and rhinos.You also get a personal tour guide,see backstage areas and meet the animal keepers.

However you still get plenty of experiences to see the animals and the savannah by the train,the skyride, and the Rhino Rally ride which in my opinion is a lot more entertaining than Kilimanjaro safari and you get a whole lot closer to the animals than you ever do at KJ.And don't forget about the Edge of Africa walking path where you can get literally on the other side of a glass of lions and hyennas.

Now I'm not a Disney hater,in fact you couldn't find somebody who loves Disney more than me, but I'm telling it as I see it and I see that BGT has overall better animal attractions than AK.I barely ever do the KJ anymore as I barely ever see many animals and they're usually very far away and the drivers put me to sleep as compared to Rhino Rally where at least they can come up with their own jokes and be creative!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Busch gardens has some truly great coasters, but it is a shabby park run by poorly trained/ motivated kids. We had a great time but I wouldnt give up a day at the AK to go. The animal exhibits looked just like a tawdry zoo and were not even in comparison with UK safari parks. However you can get a free beer so hooraaahh.

WDW77

I would have to agree, both are two different types of parks, Busch having more rides, however as a comparison of quality, I would definitely say AK prevails. Busch has more coasters, but not one of them has the in-depth theme like Expedition Everest. AK has better shows, and the park itself is located away from every day life. In parts of Busch, you can still hear Tampa’s traffic. I think that Disney’s quality of service exceeds that of Busch’s service as well. Disney’s staff seem friendlier, and more attentive to the customer.

In previous years, the difference in price for both parks was significant, now the cost is almost neck and neck. It’s true that if you pay for one day at Busch you get the rest of the year for free, but this only benefits the locals, not the family that visits Florida every few years. I’ve lived ten minutes away from Busch for the past five years and have only visited it about five times. I live over an hour away from AK, and I have been there much more frequently.

cmatt

animal kingdom ftw! - busch has fantastic rides, even better then animal kingdom. BUT if i only had 10 days in florida, kingdom would win hands down :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom