Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Depends what you want from a park
Busch gardens has the better coasters
Animal kingdom has better shows

Blackie Pueblo

This is a tough one. Mr. Ferret is right it really depends on what you want from a Zoo park. It's pretty much the same thing for both. I think I like AK more because I'm a Disney fan but in truth I think Busch is the better park. For nearly the same price Busch has great roller coasters, a better layout of the park, and the animal exhibits I think are better.

Don't get me wrong AK has much much better shows. But I think it cost way too much for what it is. Lets be honest AK may have a few rides but it's nothing more than a zoo. The Safari is a great way to get close to the animals and EE is a great ride. But EE does not justify the price.

I guess sadly now that I go through it I think Busch is just a much better deal for what they offer for the price. I get to go all year for paying for just one ticket.

C&D

Have been to both, enjoyed them both. Better? Doesn't really matter as they are different enough from each other, and both worth the price of admission.

I'd only give the nod to Animal Kingdom because of the synergy of the rest of the Parks/Resorts/Attractions at WDW. But if in Tampa, and looking for a day trip, I'd recommend Busch Gardens without hesitation.

Skylinecar1982

DAK = Theme Park\Zoo

Busch Gardens Africa = Theme Park\Thrill Park\Zoo

If you are looking for coasters and thrills you can't beat BGA. Personally I feel they are two totally different parks and both offer great forms of entertainment. Do both. You can't lose.

BRER STITCH

If you have the opportunity, definitely check out Busch Gardens!

It's a clean, well run, and very fun park to visit and is much, much different from Animal Kingdom. You should be able to easily see and do everything in one day if it's moderately crowded.

A trip to Busch Gardens is a fun day and a great way to see more of Florida, outside of the Orlando area.

I can't say one is "better" than the other, bercaus4e I really like BOTH parks for what they are!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

sbkline

I'd have to say Busch Gardens as well. It has a river raft ride (like Kali River Rapids), a log flume ride and a tidal wave splash down ride. 4 major roller coasters and one mediocre one. It has a ride called Rhino Ralley which, if memory serves, is remotely similar to the Animal Kingdom safari ride, but slightly better. And lots of animals. They have a cable car ride, or "skyway" to put it in Disney terms. LOL So ya, all Disney bias aside (which is the only reason I may be tempted to vote for AK), I think Busch Gardens wins hands down.

Nothing against AK, mind you. I like it, too. I just think Busch Gardens is better.

ask!

First I need to admit that I have as yet been to AK..trip planned for August.
But a wanted to offer my 2 cents anyway....

Two years ago, our family did the "other Orlando"...and got a great deal because Sea World is asscoicated with Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove is asscoicated with Sea World...so for us it was worth traveling to Tampa. If you like coasters and animals, then I would highly recommend Busch Gardens....I forget the name of the coaster that has the 90 degree drop but my kids said that was the most intense coaster ever! and we are big coaster fans.....we went at opening at were able to ride all the coasters within the first 2 hours.

This time to Orlando, we are doing Disney, so AK is more cost effective. I am looking forward to AK for its beauty and its "Disneyness" but I do fear that the lack of thrills rides may not compare to Busch Gardens.

Hope it helps,

ask!

haveyoumetmark

Busch Gardens Africa compared to AK's Africa and Asia if you're looking at themes and animals. Busch is a better coaster park, but other than that it's weak. I've been there hundreds of times because it's 45 minutes from my house, but I would willingly drive the extra 45 minutes to AK because I like it better.

AK for animals, theme, and overall ambiance.
BG for extreme thrills.

Plus, it depends on when you are going. Shei Kra at BG is currently closed to get its floors removed in order to become a floorless coaster experience. Without Shei Kra, BG isn't worth it for the thrills.

bryPOD

I was really disappointed by Busch Gardens in Tampa, but not in comparison to Animal Kingdom, in comparison to their beautiful park in Williamsburg VA.

ImaYoyo

Busch has a few good coasters, but the layout of the park is HORRIBLE, the shows are terrible, I've never met a nice or enthusiastic employee, the food and drinks are more expensive, and you seem to get a different type of crowd than you see at animal kingdom. A lot of younger kids that are dropped off for the day by their parents, a lot more skin (bikini tops galore). That being said, I agree that these are 2 completely different parks.

Busch is thrills with some light theming. AK is crazy theming with a few thrills. But for me, AK wins hands-down.

However, I do have an annual pass to sea-world/busch, and get down to tampa about once every month or so.

haveyoumetmark

Busch has a few good coasters, but the layout of the park is HORRIBLE, the shows are terrible, I've never met a nice or enthusiastic employee, the food and drinks are more expensive, and you seem to get a different type of crowd than you see at animal kingdom. A lot of younger kids that are dropped off for the day by their parents, a lot more skin (bikini tops galore). That being said, I agree that these are 2 completely different parks.

Busch is thrills with some light theming. AK is crazy theming with a few thrills. But for me, AK wins hands-down.

However, I do have an annual pass to sea-world/busch, and get down to tampa about once every month or so.
That's what I was trying to say. :lol: I couldn't have said it any better myself.

MattyFresh

I have only been to Busch Gardens in Va. and I will pretty much have to agree with everyone else. For a coaster park you have to do Busch Gardens. Now for the animal interaction and shows AK is the best. Just depends on what you want.

erasure fan1

I like Animal Kingdom a bit better. For me its the over all attention to detail that gives AK the edge for me. Now if you like thrill coasters Gardens has AK beat hands down but for me thats not as important. Once AK gets a few more things It will blow BG out of the water.

drdoom1001

BGT is a beautiful park,beautifully landscaped but the theming isn't what you find at AK.The Busch park in Virginia in is probably the most beautiful park in the US,but BGT isn't very far behind,I just prefer the European theme to the African and ZOO theme and Virginia's is also in a beautiful wooded hilly terrain,not next to a city street.Now comparing them to AK I have to go with either Busch park as I love coasters and they have some of the best at any park!!But what AK does is different they have more shows like LION KING or NEMO,although BGT does have KATONGA it's not as good as AK's.The theming is obviously better at AK,compare Montu to Everest as well as rides like Dinosaur you won't find at BGT.So I would say if you don't do coasters then AK is the park for you,but if you do, BGT is the better overall park!!!

ImaYoyo

BGT is a beautiful park,beautifully landscaped but the theming isn't what you find at AK.The Busch park in Virginia in is probably the most beautiful park in the US,but BGT isn't very far behind,I just prefer the European theme to the African and ZOO theme and Virginia's is also in a beautiful wooded hilly terrain,not next to a city street.Now comparing them to AK I have to go with either Busch park as I love coasters and they have some of the best at any park!!But what AK does is different they have more shows like LION KING or NEMO,although BGT does have KATONGA it's not as good as AK's.The theming is obviously better at AK,compare Montu to Everest as well as rides like Dinosaur you won't find at BGT.So I would say if you don't do coasters then AK is the park for you,but if you do, BGT is the better overall park!!!
I'm not sure that I agree about those statements. There are many more beautiful parks than BGA and BGE... Idlewild Park in PA and Cypress Gardens in FL are the first that come to mind. But there are SO many parks that have better landscaping than either of the above.

MissM

A-yup. Sorry, but Busch Gardens is very "ghetto" compared to anything Disney has to offer. It's not even remotely in the same league. It's a lower-tier park.

I don't think I've ever encountered a happy/nice/attentive employee there and it's definitely filled with a lot of obnoxious, loud, people of a more teenaged persuasion. Put it this way, you can buy a one-day ticket as a Florida resident and come back all year. $60 gets you unlimited admission for all of 2007. They clearly can't compete with the quality of offerings of Disney for that kind of price.

Come if you want coasters, but the animal exhibits are FAR superior in AK as is the theming and overall environment. If you're not into coasters, it's really nothing special.
-m

LoriMistress

My DH has been to both. He said AK is the best HANDS DOWN!!! His reasons were:

• The animals at AK looked healthy.
  • The animals at AK were not walking on concrete.
  • The animals are not caged/fensed up (though we know that WDW uses structures around the parks so other animals don't wander around to another animal section.
  • The park is much cleaner.
  • AK is also educates you with the animals in the park.
  • Much better customer service. THANKS TO ALL THE CMs!!!!!

the-reason14

I think I may need to go back and check BG out again since they've added that new coaster. I also think BG is the better park, it has more thrills, but Id go to AK over BG anyday just because it is in WDW.

Also does anyone know of a way to get to BG from WDW on a bus or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom