Animal Kingdom Nighttime Show Brainstorm Session

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I know... The animals would have a problem with fireworks...But I got to thinking and there are some options for an Animal Kingdom nighttime show of some sort...

For instance, there could be a projection show, like Magic Kingdom's Castle one, but on a bigger scale. I'm talking a 360 projection show spectacular on the Tree of Life that could be seen anywhere on Discovery Island. But why stop at the Tree of Life? The finale of the show would have all of the buildings on Discovery Island, and the signs leading to other lands integrated as well as the tree. Making it a different experience every time, depending where you are during the show.

Another option is behind Dinosaur in Dinoland theres a lake/water type area,(World of Color like show?) and it looks like the closest animals by are behind Everest in Asia, though I'm not sure. What I like about this area is that it's close to the parking lot. You could make a path the the parking lot to get out of the park for all those families that want to leave right after the show. Hopefully getting rid of the stampede to the entrance to the park after the show that you have at the other parks.

You could even make a massive indoor area, like an arena....

Any Other Ideas? Show-wise? What type of show? Where to put it? What should it be about? Is it even possible?

Tip Top Club

I definitely think a World of Color Type show would work very well for this park. I think it fits the feel of the park if nothing else. Water is essential for all life on Earth so I just think it's a great jumping off point. I think it could even fit inside Discovery River, and one time I even created a soundtrack for a version of the the show that took place here, that including Celebrate-the-Magic-style projections on Everest that acted like a background for the show (similar to how the Fun wheel and Screamin' act as the backdrop for WoC) Including a whole sequence with the Spring Sprite turning the mountain into a spring paradise, and the Fire bird destroying it.

It would also help to solve this Algal Bloom problems Discovery river has since there is no natural circulation.

WED99

The only idea I have is if they build an Australia land, they could have an Aboriginal Dreamtime themed show based on the stories they made up about the animals. It could be presented through fireworks and projections on a large rock facade.

Then we could have a nighttime show in Avatar, Africa and Asia making AK the best place to at night!

ctxak98

I definitely think a World of Color Type show would work very well for this park. I think it fits the feel of the park if nothing else. Water is essential for all life on Earth so I just think it's a great jumping off point. I think it could even fit inside Discovery River, and one time I even created a soundtrack for a version of the the show that took place here, that including Celebrate-the-Magic-style projections on Everest that acted like a background for the show (similar to how the Fun wheel and Screamin' act as the backdrop for WoC) Including a whole sequence with the Spring Sprite turning the mountain into a spring paradise, and the Fire bird destroying it.

It would also help to solve this Algal Bloom problems Discovery river has since there is no natural circulation.
I agree with you! Anything to do with water would be a great addition to the Animal Kingdom. A nighttime show could be great! If animal Kingdom were open at night people could enjoy the park longer giving them time to actually walk through the ANIMAL Trails during the day and hit the attractions at night. I feel like a lot of stuff gets passed by at animal kingdom due to time restraints and rushing before the closing.

Omegadiz

If they made a North America themed land, you could have a night time show based on The Norther Lights that were a crucial element of Brother Bear. Mix that in with a little bit of Colors of the Wind and you have a beautiful sight. I'd like to imagine the innovative use of holographic projections into the sky.

WED99

If they made a North America themed land, you could have a night time show based on The Norther Lights that were a crucial element of Brother Bear. Mix that in with a little bit of Colors of the Wind and you have a beautiful sight. I'd like to imagine the innovative use of holographic projections into the sky.
Projected onto fog maybe? If it was high enough and late enough at night guests wouldn't be able to see the excess so that might be the best option. There could be a blimp up there that releases it and the blimp could be used for show elements as well.

WED99

It'd have to be a disguised blimp. Maybe to look like a giant bird
An Eagle similar in style to the Dragon from New Fantasyland? That would suit the northern theme best.

I can imagine the eagle flying past leaving a trail if northern lights behind it.

Omegadiz

An Eagle similar in style to the Dragon from New Fantasyland? That would suit the northern theme best.

I can imagine the eagle flying past leaving a trail if northern lights behind it.
It would be cool if they could train live birds to be an element of the show, but that's unlikely. Other than that, I think this is a pretty solid night time show but it would require there to be some North American area which AK doesn't have. It's a shame that Avatar comes before this, South America, and Australia.

Omegadiz

I'm sure Avatar will not disappoint.
I'm sure it won't. While I'm not a fan of Avatar comming, I think I'm more concerned with how much space it'll take up because with the concept of the park, the continents should have more priority. Just my opinion. But you're right, I doubt it'll "disappoint" as much as the announcement of it did.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Had some time on my hand and did some basic concept art. Just to get an idea what it'd look like on the tree.
screenshot20130520at555.png

screenshot20130522at805.png

screenshot20130522at808.png

screenshot20130522at808.png

Suspirian

not sure the tree of life would be a good object to do a projection show on since some of it would be missing due to the spaces between the leaves. maybe something can be constructed for them to project on? possibly in Africa?

WED99

Yeh I agree, the leaves would ruin it. Plus they move in the wind so you couldn't map the projection onto them.

What about a new type of experience? Like the entire Oasis is filled with fog, lights and music to put guests right into the middle of the story on their way out of the park.

Tip Top Club

I have to agree that wouldn't make a good surface for projections, but that would make an excellent pin set! I would collect them! Haha!

ctxak98

Yeh I agree, the leaves would ruin it. Plus they move in the wind so you couldn't map the projection onto them.

What about a new type of experience? Like the entire Oasis is filled with fog, lights and music to put guests right into the middle of the story on their way out of the park.
I think you are onto something here. If we utilize a whole different type of experience I think it would intrigue guests more. Maybe more of a laser projection on the tree of life like colors and sparks that would generate from the tree and travel down to the roots and spread to the water and maybe we could make the water show!? would that work???

WED99

I think you are onto something here. If we utilize a whole different type of experience I think it would intrigue guests more. Maybe more of a laser projection on the tree of life like colors and sparks that would generate from the tree and travel down to the roots and spread to the water and maybe we could make the water show!? would that work???
I don't really get what you mean by "we make the water show"? I don't know, lasers don't feel very laser like.

What about a show that is like 90% natural. Chemical reactions and such.

ctxak98

I don't really get what you mean by "we make the water show"? I don't know, lasers don't feel very laser like.

What about a show that is like 90% natural. Chemical reactions and such.
I didn't mean we. lol. I just meant from there it would become some kind of water show with music and lights and stuff. lasers don't feel laser like!?

WED99

I didn't mean we. lol. I just meant from there it would become some kind of water show with music and lights and stuff. lasers don't feel laser like!?
Hahaha I meant lasers don't feel nature like :p

I like the idea of water, it does relate to nature very well. What about something along the lines of Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic, but around Discovery River?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom