Animal Kingdom Lodge

SyracuseDisneyFan

Original Poster
Just out of my own curiosity, do the shops at Animal Kingdom Lodge have a lot in the way of resort specific merchandise? I'd love to get something with the Animal Kingdom Lodge logo on it.

dreamfinder

Just out of my own curiosity, do the shops at Animal Kingdom Lodge have a lot in the way of resort specific merchandise? I'd love to get something with the Animal Kingdom Lodge logo on it.

The shop at Jambo has a fair amount. Kidani might have a few pieces, but I'd check out Jambo for a better selection.

Incomudro

All this bitter cold that I'm experiencing here in the Syracuse, NY area is definitely making me more and more excited for my trip in May.

We stayed in AK May of 2016.
Great trip!
Absolutely beautiful hotel, and the staff were excellent.
We've stayed at Beach Club our previous 4 (I believe) trips, so we were concerned that the bus ride to and from the parks and the hotel might be grueling. They were not!
The busses arrived on time, (there's a schedule) were never crowded, and reached all of the parks surprisingly quickly.
As for the animals, our room was located on the second floor, about 3/4's of the way back on the inside of the left hand "V" out the back of the hotel.
We had a great view of the animals almost all of the time. Particularly the giraffes, who would often come essentially eye level to our balcony, just on the other side of the barrier.
At night, they often slept in such a way that if we lied on our beds with the lights out and the curtains open - we could gaze at them like we were on safari.
BTW, May is one of the best times to visit weather wise!
Not too hot yet, and usually not much rain.
It didn't rain the entire 9 days of our trip!

mariak

I'll be there early April! This has been my dream resort since we went for our Honeymoon in '14 and stayed at POFQ. We visited one night to eat at Sanaa and I cried on the way to the bus stop after dinner because the ambiance of the resort just.. overwhelmed me? I'm not sure! The lighting of the resort in the night as we walked down just did it for me. If I only love Jambo House half as much it'll be more than enough.

mouse_luv

I'll be there early April! This has been my dream resort since we went for our Honeymoon in '14 and stayed at POFQ. We visited one night to eat at Sanaa and I cried on the way to the bus stop after dinner because the ambiance of the resort just.. overwhelmed me? I'm not sure! The lighting of the resort in the night as we walked down just did it for me. If I only love Jambo House half as much it'll be more than enough.
You will, the lobby of Jambo and the smokey smells will blow you away! :) Enjoy!

KCL

So, I'm traveling to Disney World next May with some of my family. We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm so excited!

Lucky!

Now I know for sure we're staying at Kidani Village. We got a brochure in the mail today that had details about our upcoming trip.

Lobby isn't as grand but the resort itself is still very cool. Just go visit Jambo and hang out in the lobby for a while!

Kinda limited. We found a magnet.

One more question: Are Jambo House and Kidani Village within walking distance of one another?

Decent walk. You can always hop on the bus (just make sure it's still stopping at the other building not starting a journey.)

lostpro9het

Decent walk. You can always hop on the bus (just make sure it's still stopping at the other building not starting a journey.)
Or just take the shuttle that runs between each resort every 10-15 minutes if the 9 minute walk isn't for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom