Animal Kingdom Lodge

mouse_luv

What times of the year have you been at AKL. We were there the last week in May and were told when we asked about the lack of animals that they don't like the heat and always go to some spot toward the back that is cooler than the areas nears the resort... the cast members suggestion if we wanted to see animals was to wake up earlier.
Mid June, Mid August and Early September. In mid June it felt like 115 out and they were out so again.. sorry if you had bad luck. (Shrug)

dreamfinder

I hope I have a chance to try the Zebra Domes while I'm there.

They have several shelves of them in the coolers in The Mara if you don't get to Boma.

I read in a guide book that there are hot tubs by the main pool at Jambo House. I may have to use them.

Yes, there are hot tub(s), although of the top of my head I can only think of one, past the pool bar on the way to the savannah viewing areah. May be a second in the back corner by the playground, I don't get over there much.

glvsav37

Yes, there are hot tub(s), although of the top of my head I can only think of one, past the pool bar on the way to the savannah viewing areah. May be a second in the back corner by the playground, I don't get over there much.

yes...there are 2....1 is over by the flamingo pond and the other is behind the slide...I liked the one behind the slide best, it was more secluded with some nice foliage overhang.

dreamfinder

yes...there are 2....1 is over by the flamingo pond and the other is behind the slide...I liked the one behind the slide best, it was more secluded with some nice foliage overhang.

Sounds about right. I vaguely recall their being one over there, but never make it past the gym on that side.

Otterhead

I'm so excited
What part of AKL are you staying in?

It's an absolutely beautiful resort, and the lobby is breathtaking. It has a remote feel as if you're off in another land. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

I will agree with people that location is key. My last stay was in Kidani Village in one of the two-story suites. It was the best hotel room I've ever stayed in, anywhere, and we got to watch giraffes hanging out outside our window every day, zebra, gazelles, kudu. But those rooms are at the end of the hallway; when I checked in, multiple CMs asked if I had a car, and when I said no, they'd give me a concerned look and say "well... okay...", which made me wonder what was up. Turned out that the walk from the Kidani Village lobby to my room was 3/4 mile each way. From the bus stop to my room: about a mile. That's a very long walk at the end of the day!

aw14

We stayed there February of 2015 and will be back this Wednesday staying club level there for the first time. You will love. Beautiful resort
We got back this past Monday night. Absolutely amazing resort...couldnt ask for more. Their club level is top notch and Joe Rhode was there for 2 days on club level :)

DABIGCHEEZ

you must find time to do the night vision goggle viewing. its amazing!!

We found this to be useless..each time we tried this(on different vacas) the animals were way in the back or laying down. Did not see anything.:(

Which was just fine, because we saw all the animals in the daylight.

BTW.... Can you wait? ;)

Otterhead

Anything else I need to know about Animal Kingdom Lodge?
Not sure if anyone's mentioned the restaurants yet.
Boma is a must-visit whenever I go there. Probably the best buffet-style restaurant at WDW. Their soups (usually 4 or 5 different ones) are a highlight, especially the coconut curry chicken soup. There's something for everyone, no matter how adventurous or picky you are.
Jiko is the more upscale restaurant next door to Boma with African-inspired food. I really enjoyed my meal there but wouldn't consider it to be one of my favorites. They have an emphasis on African wines, if that's your idea of a good time. Personally, if you're interested in this sort of food, I'd look into Tiffins at Animal Kingdom, which is about the same price point but with more selection.
Sanaa is the Indian-focused restaurant there. I haven't been, but friends have told me their curries and their breads are terrific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom