Animal Kingdom Lodge Urgent Question

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I requested a King bed and was assigned 2 queen Beds. I called and the front desk told me there are only about 20 rooms with a King at the resort.

Anyway, she said there is a King bed room available after our first night. Is there anything different about the King rooms vs 2 queen bed room I need to be aware of before making the switch?

If the bathroom is handicap accessible or something else different, I might rather just have 2 Queen beds. Not ideal for couples though...

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No nothing is different other than having more room due to only one bed etc with a King room. I think they have an added chair maybe but that's it. Also 2 queens for a couple is not bad...shoot I prefer it so as I can make my hubby sleep in the other due to his snoring and constant movement while he sleeps. We are not sleep compatible. Haha! ;)

sxeensweet

And yes meant to say with very few Kong rooms unfortunately they can't always meet that request for everyone. It's still our fave resort. Hope y'all enjoy!! ;)

LeighM

No nothing is different other than having more room due to only one bed etc with a King room. I think they have an added chair maybe but that's it. Also 2 queens for a couple is not bad...shoot I prefer it so as I can make my hubby sleep in the other due to his snoring and constant movement while he sleeps. We are not sleep compatible. Haha! ;)

My husband and I aren't sleep compatible either LOL. Apparently I'm a furnace who hogs the entire bed.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I just confirmed there is a difference in accessible rooms versus standard King Rooms. They put me in a handicapped accessible room which I don't want because the bathroom is different. I switched back to the standard queen room.

sxeensweet

I just confirmed there is a difference in accessible rooms versus standard King Rooms. They put me in a handicapped accessible room which I don't want because the bathroom is different. I switched back to the standard queen room.

Yes an accessible room is different due to the bathroom being different. Sorry I missed that from your post I was just comparing a standard king to standard 2 queen. In that case I would definately keep the 2 queen room if the only available room with a king is the handicap accessible. :)

sxeensweet

My husband and I aren't sleep compatible either LOL. Apparently I'm a furnace who hogs the entire bed.

HAHA! I forgot those 2 things he also to add to the list is a human heater and hogs the bed too. He does it all so I rather my own bed when I can. :hilarious: :happy:

Tinkerbell397

I would just keep the queen room and enjoy the vacation! We stayed at The WL and requested a king room and got one queen and bunks. For my husband and I, this was the worst option but they said they could not do anything about it. The room was a bit inconvenient but it did not change our Magical Trip!

EvilQueen-T

You're not alone...my hubby and I aren't either. He snores and I have arthritis so I tend to get stiff and have to change position a lot on top of having restless legs quite often. We're one of those couples who crosses fingers to get a room with two beds lol.

sxeensweet

You're not alone...my hubby and I aren't either. He snores and I have arthritis so I tend to get stiff and have to change position a lot on top of having restless legs quite often. We're one of those couples who crosses fingers to get a room with two beds lol.

LOL! So glad to have some of y'all that understand how having 2 beds can be a perk for a couple...thought I was just weird..well maybe I am a tad but not for that reason at least. Haha! :hilarious: :joyfull:

righttrack

Two Queens are doable, you can be together or apart. Two Doubles, eh. Hard to get comfortable together in one. I'd make the most of it. King rooms are going to be rare in a place where people are mostly 3-4 in a room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom