Animal Kingdom Lodge to Beach Club?

Jess G

Original Poster
Am I able to take a bus to Hollywood studios and get on the friendship boat without having a ticket to the park? What is the best route?

yedliW

This is how we did it in November. Worked great. We had planned on spending all day at HS that day, but ended up taking an extended lunch/afternoon break and by the time we made it back to the park, it was time to go right to dinner. HS was closing early that day for an employee event, so there was a bit of a line at the boats, we had to wait for 3 or 4 boats to come and go before we got on, but that isn't normal.

Getting back can be tricky if you don't have park hopper, you would have to take a bus from BC/YC to a park, then transfer back to AKL.. We just walked through EPCOT by way of the international gateway, to the front entrance to catch a bus back..

dreamfinder

Am I able to take a bus to Hollywood studios and get on the friendship boat without having a ticket to the park? What is the best route?

Time of day may skew your responses somewhat. If you are going in the morning, then yes, I would say AKL bus to DHS boat/walk to Beach Club would be best. AKL -> AK -> BC may be an option, but I've found that until an hour or two after a given park opens, the bus service back to resorts is spotty at best. My wife waited an hour+ once in the early AM at a bus stop at MK until a bus driver who was dropping off at another stop asked her if she was going back, and got permission to change routes to get her back to our hotel. Later on in the day, either one is definitely a viable option.

Rob562

One thing the OP didn't specify is what time they're trying to make this trip. If it's for an early breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and it's before the regular park buses start running, there will be a special Character Breakfast bus that comes around. You tell the driver where you're going, and they get you there.

-Rob

Jess G

Original Poster
One thing the OP didn't specify is what time they're trying to make this trip. If it's for an early breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and it's before the regular park buses start running, there will be a special Character Breakfast bus that comes around. You tell the driver where you're going, and they get you there.

-Rob

This is for dinner on a "rest day" I have a 7pm reservation. but that's awesome information to know.

tpoly88

Could not agree more with glvsav37. take a taxi it will be $15 and you'll be there in10 min. The other options are just not worth the amount of time and hassle, especially if you just miss the bus or boat. Same on the way back, its the most convenient quickest way back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom