Animal kingdom lodge savanna room vs standard

Chris Parr

Original Poster
hello we are getting ready to book a trip for 18 we want to stay at animal kingdom my question is in the past we have stayed in a savanna view but we are going with another family this time who would like to save some money and get standard does it ruin or change the experience greatly by staying in standard like I said we have stayed in savanna and loved it

danitaytay

We stayed in a standard room and did not mind the view at all! We ended up with a pool view but in reality, we didn't end up on the balcony that often. All of the animal viewing areas are all in such close proximity that we didn't feel like we needed to pay the extra for the savannah room. And most viewing areas have seating nearby if you choose to sit and view the animals like you would on your balcony!

Simba's Mom

I don't know if it's just DVC rooms that do this, but some of the standard rooms really overlook the savannah. They're supposedly "partial" savannah views, but to me, there's nothing "partial" about the view. One time I had a savannah view, then when I went back a few months later, I decided to save money/points, and went for a standard view. What's funny is that the standard view I had was just as nice a view of the savannah as the savannah view I had. Also, it was just down the hall from the one I'd had previously.

SyracuseDisneyFan

On my trip back in May,we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani VIllage in a standard room. I didn't mind. When I could, I'd go outside to take pictures of the animals.

Colter

Stayed at AK Lodge last summer with a pool view reservation. They must have over booked because as they lead us straight past the pool and towards the end of the hotel I thought "ohhh no something is wrong". We got into the room (like literally the third from the very end) and I was shocked to see that we had a balcony overlooking a savanah. My initial thought was okay this must be a less trafficked portion, however ten minutes later the hay trucks came by with two giraffes anxiously trailing it. Amazing! I spent at least an hour out there every day, even bought kids binoculars from the gift shop so I could feel like I was on safari. It's entirely subjective I suppose, but having giraffes outside your balcony, with feeding stations that are filled multiple times daily made for an awesome experience. Don't think I could back there without it.

Last edited:

Mickey5150

The only "bad" standard rooms are on the 1st floor facing the parking lot. I don't know if it's both sides but definitely on the side by the bus stop. The walkway is covered and that causes no light entering the room from the balcony. The room is fine, just darker without the natural light. But with how beautiful the resort is if they put me on the lobby floor in a sleeping bag I'd still love every minute of my stay there.

Cole28

Doesn't ruin the experience at all IMO. We will usually spring for the Savanna Room if we plan on spending extra time at the resort, but reserve the Standard Room if we aren't. Great experiences with either choice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom