animal kingdom lodge and magicbands?

agorna

Original Poster
hey all, I've searched for this topic and couldn't find the results I was looking for so I'm sorry if this is out there somewhere already

I'm about to book my next wdw vacation with dh and we want to stay at animal kingdom lodge (not the villas, just the lodge).. we had a great experience using the magic bands and we're hoping that this resort will also be testin them (if the bands are not fully rolled out by that time.. we're booking late January early February 2014). I looked at the official posts about which resorts offer it and I saw animal kingdom lodge-jambo (sp?) house... I'm not sure if that's the villas or just the regular animal kingdom lodge

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

HouCuseChickie

hey all, I've searched for this topic and couldn't find the results I was looking for so I'm sorry if this is out there somewhere already

I'm about to book my next wdw vacation with dh and we want to stay at animal kingdom lodge (not the villas, just the lodge).. we had a great experience using the magic bands and we're hoping that this resort will also be testin them (if the bands are not fully rolled out by that time.. we're booking late January early February 2014). I looked at the official posts about which resorts offer it and I saw animal kingdom lodge-jambo (sp?) house... I'm not sure if that's the villas or just the regular animal kingdom lodge

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

We stayed at AKL/Jambo last month ... just a regular room ... and we had magic bands.

HouCuseChickie

is jambo just the standard rooms? I'm sorry I'm so confused with all the differen parts of that resort lol

While I think Jambo has some villas, I believe all of the non-villa AKL rooms are at Jambo. I booked a pool view bunk bed room and wound up with a savannah view bunk bed room. We were invited to test the bands about a month before our trip. Everyone we saw at check in was also getting bands...even the ones who'd never heard about them.

Rob562

FYI, as of today *all* Disney resorts are now set up for MagicBands. If they're testing Bands during your trip (or if they go to full roll-out) then you'll get Bands.

-Rob

dreamfinder

is jikos better than boma?

Depends on what you are looking for. Jikos is signature dining. Usually quiet, upscale food & wine, very refined. Boma is a buffet. Loud, all you can eat, and I'd say most of the food is more African inspired/flavored than anything else. All 3 restaurants at AKL (Including Sanaa at Kidani) are outstanding. Any of the 3 is worth a stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom