Animal Kingdom Club Level

mvelez15

Original Poster
OK so I am planning a family trip to take place in the next year or so. I just wanted to see peoples opinions on the merits of the Club level rooms over at AKL. We have always been hesitant to stay at AKL because of its location within the resort and I guess my own perceived transportation worries to the parks from that location. Are these worries valid? Is the club level worth the extra points?
Thanks all

BCVTalsJam

One day I want to stay at AKL but your fears are in line with mine. It's pretty far away from everything but AK. Our home resort is BCV and we are in walking distance of two parks so we get spoiled. Lol...but I would take the chance! Good luck!!

toolsnspools

We spent a week at AKL-KV a few years ago and transportation is slow there. I recommend having a car if you stay there. Especially at KV because you can drive underneath the resort to a space much closer to your room than the lobby.

PineapplePrincess

We've stayed at AKL club level a couple of times. Mainly so we could do the Sunrise Safari. I was just looking at the points chart yesterday and I noticed that a week at AKL club level is the same exact amount of points as a week at BLT lake view.(studios) Now we just returned from a stay at BLT, and we absolutely loved it there! However, club level for the same amount of points is tempting. In the end, BLT wins out for convenience. Transportation at AKV is just too slow. I think we timed it one night and it takes 35 minutes to return from the Magic Kingdom! Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful resort, and club level is such a convenience. You might want to consider a split stay.

Disneykidder

Glad the question was asked. We are staying at BLT and AKL in a couple of weeks. While we are not Club Level at AKL, it is good to hear this info for the future. My friend said that if you take advantage of the goodies they provide at Club Level, then it is def worth it. We are renting a car for the second half of Disney, which is the AKL portion so I'm now very glad. We will be using the car to continue on in Florida for another week. Last year in Disney we had a car the whole time and it was great.

I have stayed at AKL club level and have loved it. However if you don't spend a lot of time at the resort in order to reap the rewards it will not be worth it. DH and i spend a lot of time in the evenings enjoying the food and alcohol while sitting on the balcony watching the animals on the Savannah. AKL is not as far from everything as people make it seem. If you stay at any of the MK resorts it is just as far away from everything just in reverse. from AKL: AK is closest then HS,EPCOT with MK being the furthest. If you stay at any MK resort you have: MK closest then EPCOT,HS with AK being furthest. The only thing that is truly farther is DTD. We have stayed at AKL just about every trip in the past 4 years and do not drive our car to any of the parks, we take the bus. We do drive to DTD.

kparn

We own at Kidani Village and love it! Only Jambo house has club level. The club level stays booked pretty heavily throughout the year. If you try booking at the 7 month window, you will probably have to wait list your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom