1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Kingdom Breakfast

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by KrzyKtty, Apr 18, 2017.

1. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

So my family is heading to WDW in mid June. We wanted to be at AK for the 7a.m. EMH that morning. What are some of the best grab and go breakfast options in the park? We aren't huge breakfast eaters, so a drink and fun breakfast item work for us.

Captain Barbossa likes this.
  2. JaxFLBear

JaxFLBear Member

Not many QS options at DAK for breakfast.
    Africa: Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery
    Asia: Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks
    Discovery Island: Creature Comforts (Starbucks)

KrzyKtty likes this.
  3. Worldlover71

Worldlover71 Well-Known Member

You might want to grab something before you get to the park since options are limited at AK. If you are staying on-site, some resort food courts open as early as 6am and some of the deluxe resorts have 24 service. If you are staying off-site, you should pass places that open early as well. AK does have some carts and stands that sell fruit, juice, etc. but their operating hours vary.

KrzyKtty likes this.
  4. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member Original Poster

We are staying at POR-Riverside, and the food court said that it opened at 7, but they do have a bakery that opens at 6:30. I'll have to see how it goes if we want to be at AK by 7.

5. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

If you are muffin/pastry breakfast people, purchase what you want for your AK morning the morning prior. The muffins are in sealed containers and will keep. :)

6. DABIGCHEEZ

DABIGCHEEZ Well-Known Member

If I am remembering correctly....isn't there a Muffin/pastry/cart at the entrance to AK? We eat breakfast at our hotel usually, but I am pretty sure there is that cart at the entrance

docdebbi likes this.
  7. jrlbc06

jrlbc06 Active Member

There are great pastry and donuts at the Tea Stand (I don't remember the name) that is on the pathway from Africa by the safaris over toward Kali River and toward Everest.

Demeter Tess likes this.
  8. Demeter Tess

Demeter Tess Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of the Royal Anandapur Tea Company cart near the entrance to Asia. Iced chai tea and a yummy pastry (they usually have donuts, danish, and muffins) is the perfect light breakfast!

9. jrlbc06

jrlbc06 Active Member

Thanks for the reminder on the name! Everything I've ever had there has been great!

10. docdebbi

docdebbi Well-Known Member

yes there is. simple cart with coffee and muffins. we have done it as it is quick and never a line.

DABIGCHEEZ likes this.
  11. Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa Well-Known Member

Kusafiri, Pizzafari, and starbucks are where we like to eat breakfast at AK.

KrzyKtty likes this.
  12. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

Like you I am not a huge breakfast eater so I usually just pick up a Danish, other baked good and or fruit while getting my caffeine fix at Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop, or the Royal Anandapur Tea Co. depending on where I am or where I'm heading.
    Best place for a selection of fruit is the Harambe Fruit Market.

KrzyKtty likes this.
  13. Mickey5150

Mickey5150 Well-Known Member

We always start our AK mornings at the safari so I can only comment about that side of the park. We love Creature Comforts (Starbucks) because it has a mix of pastries and breakfast sandwiches so there is something for everyone's taste. The other good option is Kusafiri Coffee Shop. It's a simple walk up bakery but there is plenty of seating in the Dawa Bar where you can pick up a bloody mary. Colossal Cinnamon Roll and a bloody mary, ther perfect Disney breakast.

KrzyKtty likes this.