And the hits keep coming for Carnival

tmitch

My first and only cruise was a Disney cruise; afterwards, out of curiosity, I priced out a Carnival cruise. At first it looked very inexpensive, but then I realized how little was included. Even beverages -- for soft drinks, you needed to buy a daily beverage ticket. A cousin of mine went on one and said it was very sticky and dirty everywhere, with cigarette burns on the deck chair arms.
I've been on carnival, ncl, and am going on rcl and u have to buy drinks or a drink package on all of them.

tmitch

All of the "nickel and dime" comments about other cruise lines.
Yeah they all get your money out of u. DCL charges for drinks and two of their restaurants. I just saw the sweet shop for the first time this last cruise, they charge for that too. They're all similar to me

ChuckElias

Original Poster
$40,000,000 fine to Princess Cruise Line (owned by Carnival). Additionally:

As part of the felony plea agreement, cruise ships from eight Carnival cruise line companies (Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line N.V., Seabourn Cruise Line Ltd. and AIDA Cruises) will be placed under a court supervised Environmental Compliance Program (ECP) for five years. An outside entity and a court appointed monitor will independently audit the ECP.

The DOJ statement also says that “the conduct being addressed today is particularly troubling because the Carnival family of companies has a documented history of environmental violations, including in the Southern District of Florida.” The DOJ stated "the pollution in this case was the result of more than just bad actors on one ship. It reflects very poorly on Princess’s culture and management."

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/pollution-1/

DfromATX

I understand the jab at Carnival but for their prices I can take 3 carnival cruises for 1 disney cruise. And have more things to do on carnival than disney.

Same here. I've priced all the cruise lines. So far we've only cruised Carnival and (knock on wood) never have had anything but a wonderful cruise. In fact, we are going on one in 2 weeks! We are talking about "upgrading" on a Norwegian cruise out of Miami, but as much as I love Disney, their cruises are too expensive! I will go to WDW for the rest of my life, God willing... but for some reason their cruises don't appeal to me. Honestly, I don't really care to see Mickey on my cruise, but I love him in the parks.

DfromATX

I'm curious to know your demographic. My wife and I are 50ish Church goers with a 17 year old who wants to be an Imagineer and a 9 year old who has her own opinions on everything. We love Disney, and really appreciate how all 4 of us can fit in one cabin. We also would not like a ship full of drunken partiers (even though we gladly indulge a few drinks per day on vacation). No, Disney is our choice, and we respect that other people have theirs.

I'm in my 40's, husband 50's, teenage son, also "church goer" and we don't drink at all, love Disney (the parks) and we enjoy Carnival. Carnival is not just for drunks - well maybe those short 4 day cruises, but not the longer ones. Carnival caters to families also.

DfromATX

Don't know if this has been said or not, but I read recently one of the Disney ships had a norovirus outbreak. These things can happen.

DfromATX

It's not just Carnival as far as beverages. Disney is the only cruise line that I'm aware of that has free soft drinks available. I was on an NCL cruise last year and soft drinks had to be ordered from a wait staff or at a bar for $2.50 a drink or by purchasing a cruise long soft drink package.

Carnival also allows people to bring one 12-pack of soda on board with them.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Carnival Dream last night when a salt water pipe burst on deck 9 below the pool area.

1525444514593.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom