Trip Report And everything you do...celebrate you! *COMPLETED*

Oh what an adventure this year has been, and the journey only continued as we embarked on our 8th annual Walt Disney World trip together!

This trip report follows in the footsteps of the inspiration for my not-always-sunny pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-the-time-of-your-life.928664/

But we can skip that and get to the good stuff. A whirlwind of Disney, both the old and new, was just the thing we needed. A reminder that life is good, despite not always going to plan, and to never stop dreaming as we look to the future.

The cast: J - the husband. And myself. Goofy & Pluto Pook-a-looz babies.

Travel dates: September 2nd - September 10th...but Hurricane Irma changed that a bit. Returning home to All-Star Music.

Let the memories begin!

We arrived within the Disney bubble a little later than we were used to, and with an 11am - 12pm DINOSAUR fastpass that we were itching to get to, we barreled into Animal Kingdom around 11:45 desperate to make it. DINOSAUR is one of my favorite all time rides, and it was down for refurbishment last year, so it's safe to say I was going through a serious DINOdrought.
DSCN0428.JPG

We powerwalked through the lush Oasis, taking in the familiar sights and sounds, maybe beginning to register that we were finally here at Walt Disney World!
DSCN0430.JPG

Labor Day Saturday at Animal Kingdom probably wasn't the best idea. Especially when you see that both Na'vi River Journey and Flight of Passage were temporarily down on the My Disney Experience app, therefore inflating wait times at everything else. But we'd deal with that later. Must...get...to...DINOSAUR.
DSCN0431.JPG

As we turned right and rounded the corner to the Dino Institute, there were CMs lined up in front of the entrance. Not good! We stood there panting and clutching the stitches in our sides as they announced the ride is down with no ETA of coming back up yet.
DSCN0432.JPG

Ugh. Fine. We drowned our sorrows by splitting the Ribs, Chicken, and Pulled Pork Sampler at Flame Tree Barbecue. Food does solve a lot of problems.
DSCN0434.JPG

This baby was definitely large enough to satisfy two starving adults...but it was a messy experience. At one point, J said to me: Um...you have meat in your hair.
DSCN0435.JPG

The view didn't hurt either.
DSCN0436.JPG

We took the time to reset our plans, as DINOSAUR would turn into a recovery FP, and Na'vi was our next one, but apparently down. Ah well, at least we had company! Look who stopped by during lunch:
DSCN0437.JPG

Animal Kingdom is full of natural beauty.
DSCN0439.JPG

And wildlife everywhere you turn.
DSCN0440.JPG

As we cleaned up our colossal mess of a lunch and pulled up the app to see what we could do, J delivered the good news: Na'vi River Journey was back up. Whoopee! It's time to really get this party started.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Day 3 of your vacation, and it probably still doesn't feel like vacation until you've arrived here.
DSCN1001.JPG

MAAAGIC KINNNNGDOM!
DSCN1002.JPG

Legitimately can't remember what MK looks like when it's not decked out for fall.
DSCN1006.JPG

Happily Ever After...my most anticipated NEW! thing of 2017. OMGOMGOMG can't wait.
DSCN1007.JPG

I've always loved this quote, because it's so true. That's the beauty of the Magic Kingdom that captured my 5 year old heart and mind, only flourishing to become the impetus for my passions, relationships, and inspirations.
DSCN1008.JPG

Today was just an ordinary day. No AM EMH or breakfast reservation. Just strolled into Magic Kingdom early to enjoy being in the heart of it all.
DSCN1010.JPG

DSCN1013.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

DSCN1015.JPG

DSCN1016.JPG

Main Street welcomed us home. The Cinderella Castle was calling.

belledream

Original Poster
I enjoyed this no-breakfast-thing. We didn't have to worry about making sure we got to the restaurant in time. We had all the time in the world!
DSCN1017.JPG

My eyes feasted on the fall colors of Main Street.
DSCN1018.JPG

The Confectionary. My favorite building on Main Street.
DSCN1020.JPG

Seriously makes me swoon. I want a yellow house. But also a blue house. And a green one wouldn't be bad either. Or brick!
DSCN1021.JPG

Crying with joy because it's 8:15 and I have a whole day of Magic Kingdom ahead of me.
DSCN1022.JPG

After my dillydallying and general gaping, I finally set my eyes on the Cinderella Castle. It's like a groom seeing his bride for the first time.
DSCN1030.JPG

The fountains tinkled melodiously as it finally hit me.
DSCN1035.JPG

We were here.
DSCN1044.JPG

We were so ready to play like kids, just like we did on our first trip together 7 years ago. But first, breakfast.
DSCN1053.JPG

Saw it on Twitter and had to get it.
DSCN1058.JPG

Mickey Birthday Cake Scone.

belledream

Original Poster
We munched on our little beauty of a breakfast sitting in the courtyard and switching back and forth between views of the Castle, and views of a just-waking-up-Tomorrowland.
DSCN1062.JPG

And at a quarter to 9, the Welcome Show began! I can't remember the last time we watched a welcome show. So good to see all our friends. And speaking of friends, I lied earlier. Today was not quite an ordinary day at the Magic Kingdom because one of my best friends from high school just started the Disney College Program and was working here in the Magic Kingdom! We planned to meet up with her for a little bit after she was done working for the day. This is a big deal for me because as snooty as it sounds, I don't 'do' Disney with just anyone. I am an extreme people-pleaser, and I'm always very anxious that the person I'm with isn't having fun. I also have a kind of 'system' and 'mindset' of the way I do Disney (aka crazy person). But I know she can handle it and I haven't seen her in two years, so she definitely makes the cut.
DSCN1065.JPG

So that would be later. But for now, it was just the two of us, with a long and fruitful day to fill. So, here we gooo!
DSCN1070.JPG

Yup, we were rope dropping Peter Pan's Flight.
DSCN1072.JPG

I really appreciate the queue. These portraits are great, but the best touch are the scenic paintings. And the star.
DSCN1073.JPG

We actually got stuck in the bedrooms for a little bit, allowing us to watch Tink do her thing. Disney slays me with the ingenuity. I can't.
DSCN1076.JPG

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for this ride because on our first trip together, I took J on it and he thought it was just another kiddy ride. But when we took off flying, I'll always remember the look in his eyes. He experienced magic and wonderment for the first time.
DSCN1077.JPG

Once we had our go, we headed over to Seven Dwarves Mine Train Ride for our FP. Thank goodness, for the line was huge.
DSCN1079.JPG

It was Labor Day after all.
DSCN1083.JPG

My eyes sparkle at everything from the jewels themselves to the red flowers 'growing' wildly.
DSCN1085.JPG

Ah, to spend the morning in the quiet confines of the woodland forests.

belledream

Original Poster
But like I said, the beauty of Magic Kingdom is that it can transport you to so many different places. Turn the corner and you're there!
DSCN1086.JPG

We were planning on heading to Space Mountain, but something else was calling us more.
DSCN1089.JPG

Chant with me: Blue Ride! Blue Ride! Blue Ride! YES to the moving platform, to entering your cart, to getting an end cart, and then to feel the rush of both wind and adrenaline as you set off.
DSCN1094.JPG

But something seemed off as were approached Space Mountain...
DSCN1095.JPG

ALERT: SPACE MOUNTAIN IS DOWN. FOLLOWING PICTURES NSFM[agic].
DSCN1097.JPG

DSCN1098.JPG

I'm definitely a Disney purist, but that was pretty cool to see. The silence was eerie and the brightness disconcerting throughout.
DSCN1100.JPG

We stayed on for another go round since Space Mountain wasn't running anyways.
DSCN1101.JPG

When we finally disembarked, we meandered into Mickey's Star Traders to look at some out-of-this-world merchandise!
DSCN1104.JPG

But it was back out for a spin on Buzz Lightyear.
DSCN1108.JPG

J only got 921,400 this time. Haha, looks like someone is a little rusty!

belledream

Original Poster
I have gained newfound appreciation for the Journey of the Little Mermaid this year.
DSCN1112.JPG

I used to say the queue was better than the ride, which is probably still true...
DSCN1114.JPG

Because I mean, it's actually quite beautiful, lush, and transporting.
DSCN1116.JPG

With fitting props and cool details etched into the walls. Also the castle-like mini-rotunda inside.
DSCN1118.JPG

But the ride has gained some points in my book as well. I appreciate the submerging-of-water detail: the leaning back, the bubble graphics, the wave of cool air. Overall, it's just a well-paced representation of what the movie is.
DSCN1119.JPG

J, on the other hand, spent the entire time bashing Ariel for being the dumbest princess. "Why couldn't she just write her name down for Prince Derek or Eric? Whatever his name is. She signed it for Ursula!" She's also apparently the worst princess. "She left her family for a guy because she's blinded by his hottness!" I appreciate his honesty, honestly. I ask him who the best princess is then. His answer is Tiana. "She started her own business!" Or Mulan. "She saved a head of state!" Or Rapunzel. "She found out on her own what her stolen history was and kicked some butt!" Boy has got some good points. *Apologies to any Ariel fans we may have offended today.*
DSCN1120.JPG

This last gem before we move on: "I bet there's a sequel where she wants to be a mermaid again!" You can imagine his reaction.
DSCN1126.JPG

We passed through Old Fantasyland and Liberty Square, heading straight to Frontierland.
DSCN1127.JPG

As always, the homey feels I get from Frontierland warm my heart!
DSCN1136.JPG

And as always, it was barely 11am and we were starving and 100% ready to FINALLY try out Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café.
DSCN1137.JPG

We really just eat too much Be Our Guest lunch to ever make it here. I let J choose between Columbia Harbor House, Pinocchio's Village Haus, and here. Unlimited guac was the deciding factor.

belledream

Original Poster
hahahaha I think his commentary about Ariel is hilarious!

and it looks awfully dead in MK!
Mornings are glorious! And I know, he's a silly one. ;) I gotta agree though. Belle all the way! :D

I thought you were going to say you had to use the bathroom....:hilarious:
Bahaha I did not realize this. Also my 'mornings are glorious' right above...:confused:

belledream

Original Poster
And on the 8th year of Disney vacationing, a voyage to Pecos Bill was finally made.
DSCN1142.JPG
(Also, it's Pecos Bill and not Peco Bills?! Mind blown.
DSCN1139.JPG
The smells were so inviting. I don't know how we were able to ignore it coming out of Country Bear Jamboree all these years.
DSCN1143.JPG

I was ecstatic to find indoor seating that brought me Mexico Pavilion/San Angel Inn vibes.
DSCN1146.JPG
We sat down with our tray, which was laden with food and drink. I originally ordered a chocolate milk (because I am trying to be healthy, duh) and J got the Strawberry Lemonade Slushy. And when I saw that Mickey Straw, I of course needed one too.
DSCN1148.JPG

J got the Southwest Burger which he loved. He is a self-proclaimed texture eater, and adding the crunch tortilla chips to the soft burger was just the ticket. He also can eat burgers with about 4 bites or so.
DSCN1149.JPG

I got the Fajita Platter which boasted generous portions or beef and chicken. But my favorite is always the beans. It was good, but not sure it is all that memorable that I will be coming back year after year. Not while Be Our Guest does lunch, I guess.
DSCN1150.JPG

But that guac though...we enjoyed heaps of this baby.
DSCN1152.JPG

The atmosphere was quiet and the darkness was soothing. Of course I ate whilst sightseeing.
DSCN1154.JPG

We were glad we finally tried Pecos Bill. It was hearty and filling, and it was good to throw some Mexican cuisine into our dining plans, otherwise there would have been none this trip!

belledream

Original Poster
After lunch, we kept it in the theme and took our cowboy boots over to Big Thunder Mountain.
DSCN1155.JPG

Walking the queue felt like greeting an old friend we hadn't seen in a while, since it was down last year.
DSCN1156.JPG

Every detail from the props to the foliage is just so perfect.
DSCN1158.JPG

Of course, peak Florida sun played the part in adding to the theme.
DSCN1159.JPG

Ah Big Thunder Mountain...you are so quintessentially Disney...with all the charm and surprises you have to offer over a generous amount of time.
DSCN1160.JPG
Upon exiting, we lingered to admire the geyser, and also may have set off an explosion or two.
DSCN1161.JPG

There's always one ride that's down while you're at Disney, and this year happened to be Splash Mountain. I knew I would miss seeing those big vegetables and singing along to Laughing Place, but what I really REALLY missed was the sound of rushing water and plummeting screams as I walked around Frontierland. It was so weird to see the ride all drained out.
DSCN1163.JPG

Nevertheless, we enjoyed the rest of our time in Frontierland, as we took a stroll in solitude by the water.
DSCN1164.JPG

Seeing Haunted Mansion and Rapunzel's tower were nice bonuses.
DSCN1165.JPG

We headed towards the hub to catch Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, which had just switched over to adding the fall festivities!
DSCN1171.JPG

I had to laugh when Daisy asked, "Can you feel the autumn breeze now?" And J was like, "No."

belledream

Original Poster
When you hear "I Already Have a Husband" jingling away, you know you've entered Adventureland.
DSCN1172.JPG

Desperately wishing I could have a balcony with flowers with a door that I will burst open and sing HELLO WORLD to one day. Actually another CM friend who worked in Adventureland last year was telling me where their storage rooms where, and pointed out something not unlike this. That blew my mind. I'm so blissfully oblivious.
DSCN1173.JPG

My favorite view of Adventureland, right here.
DSCN1174.JPG
Love these dudes too.
DSCN1175.JPG

In the heat of the day, it was time to go indoors for some Pirates of the Caribbean.
DSCN1178.JPG

I started to get some real queue appreciation was we walked in.
DSCN1180.JPG

DSCN1182.JPG

DSCN1183.JPG

I savored all the familiar, classic scenes...from the battle, to the bride auction, to the chases and pillaging and burning. And shopping afterwards!
DSCN1185.JPG

We hopped next door for a ride on Jungle Cruise...full of maximum heat, puns, and people Snapchatting. C'mon now!
DSCN1190.JPG

It was either a very tough or oblivious crowd, which meant that it was very quiet, which also meant that it was J's time to shine with the sarcastic laughs.

belledream

Original Poster
That's it, we're retreating to the indoors again! And to one of the best rides ever, don't @ me.
DSCN1198.JPG

Small World fills my heart with joy back then, and it does now. I love looking at all the different costumes and landmarks.
DSCN1201.JPG

Familiar friends like Mr. Panda...
DSCN1202.JPG

...and Mr. Hippo. J actually thought this was so funny that he whipped his phone out to take a slo-mo video of his blinking action.
DSCN1203.JPG

He also has called me "The Koala Bear from Small World" on more than one occasion because I jump onto him and bearhug him and turn my head from side to side.
DSCN1205.JPG

We got into a boat jam at the final scene, which was definitely okay by me! J may have attempted to take a 30 second power nap. And at the end, we were the chosen ones! I had a mini spazz attack.
DSCN1209.JPG

No visit to Fantasyland is complete without a stop in Castle Couture.
DSCN1214.JPG
I legitimately considered trying this dress on in Girls XL, hence why the biggest size is displayed first in this picture. It has all the icons/symbols of the Disney Princesses! I really want it...
DSCN1215.JPG

Usually we (ok I) go around this store and touch all the princess dresses in a sort of trance, but this time, WE both discovered the joy of music boxes and ended up going to each princess and winding them up and listening to the tune. We were transfixed. Favorite: Rapunzel. Reason: I See The Light.
DSCN1216.JPG
Blue or pink? Is this a real question?
DSCN1217.JPG

The correct answer is, and always will be, blue.

belledream

Original Poster
We could all learn a thing or two from Cinderella. Never stop dreaming, have courage, and be kind. Words to live by.
DSCN1218.JPG

We walked through the castle admiring the intricate mosaics that never lose their beauty.
DSCN1219.JPG

We'd be heading over yonder to Liberty Square to look around at the shops and architecture. It's like a tiny town of dollhouses from here.
DSCN1222.JPG

Liberty Square would also serve as our resting grounds to watch Festival of Fantasy Parade. (I wonder what Disney did with all the "What time is the 3'o clock parade shirts?)
DSCN1225.JPG

The creativity of this parade never ceases to amaze me. Also the music? Downright contagious.
DSCN1227.JPG

A real work of art. I also love her entourage of evil assistants.
DSCN1229.JPG

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!
DSCN1234.JPG

The Happy Haunts had been calling to us the entire time, and since we were in the neighborhood, we decided to pay them a visit.
DSCN1235.JPG

We also needed to pay a visit to the lovely Tangled bathrooms.
DSCN1239.JPG

We had gotten so much done already today, and yet we still had a few more hours in the afternoon to enjoy! It was a wonderful life.

belledream

Original Poster
I love all things Winnie the Pooh and I adore so many things about this simple ride. The fall foliage, for one.
DSCN1244.JPG

Stepping into the stories...seeing real 'kerits'...and also children being children, touching everything they could possibly get their hands on. Hand sanitizer...a must.
DSCN1245.JPG

And Hundred Acre Goods. The cutest little store there is.
DSCN1246.JPG

While browsing the store, we also got a FP for Indy Speedway which practically forced us to ride it because we refuse to wait for this ride. Also figured we might as well...because who knows how long it'll be around for?
DSCN1248.JPG

Ok, I will admit... I had fun. With J chauffeuring me around, I was able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the views.
DSCN1254.JPG

Pretty much no different than real life.
DSCN1258.JPG

Hallelujah! Space Mountain was finally back up and running, and I practically ran through the queue desperate to be reunited with my love.
DSCN1259.JPG

That's right. Keep up, J.
DSCN1260.JPG
I take weird, pointless pics because I love this ride so much.
DSCN1261.JPG

Each twist and turn, drop, bar that looks like it will smash into my head...with nostalgia and adrenaline all mixed in...makes for one heck of a time.

belledream

Original Poster
Take a moment, relax, and breathe it all in. This is home.
DSCN1267.JPG

We spent more time than I care to admit watching this squirrel. Such balance, such poise! (Though he did slip a few times.)
DSCN1270.JPG

Be still my heart.
DSCN1273.JPG
I guess it rained on Earth while we were in space?
DSCN1271.JPG

While we waited for my friend to show up, we continued our animal watching party by watching this guy dive in and out of the water. It was pretty cool! Then he started drying off his feathers.
DSCN1275.JPG

And once my friend showed up, we heard a commotion going on and saw that The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History was taking place. I honestly kept forgetting this new addition to MK and was very happy we were able to catch it.
DSCN1279.JPG

You may remember that J loves the Muppet show at HS, so this was a real treat for him.
DSCN1281.JPG

He also noticed this. Not just another open window...but an open window hiding a speaker...ingenious!
DSCN1280.JPG

After the show ended, we intended to ride the Blue Ride with my friend so we could recreate some old pictures of us and also, you know, catch up. But it was down. So instead, we headed to Big Top Treats and bought her a little Minnie Cake Pop (which I sadly did not take a picture of but I guess I wanted her to enjoy it instead of ripping it out of her hands). We strolled around the park without a real destination. Our time was rather limited because J and I had dinner reservations at Kona Cafe, which she then expressed interest in trying one day. Of course, we invited her to join us.
DSCN1287.JPG
Really had to stop myself from throwing myself overboard and swimming to Grand Floridian just to be there. It wasn't in our plans to visit, and tonight was looking unlikely, so I just cried internally until I saw this sight.
DSCN1288.JPG

All would be okay. An evening spent with food and friends has got to be good.

belledream

Original Poster
Having traveled to Hawaii at the beginning of the year, we were really looking forward to visiting Polynesian now that we've had a real dose of exotic land and culture. Browsing BouTiki brought me back to the truly relaxing and awe-inspiring time we spent in Maui. From the splash sundresses to the giant plumerias to the strumming of the ukulele, I was beyond thrilled to be here.
DSCN1291.JPG

And Honolulu Cookie Company cookies, of course.
DSCN1293.JPG

We lingered on the comfy couches in the lobby since J and I had been going pretty hard all day, and my friend had been working all day as well. I bemoaned missing the old waterfall lobby, and J and I argued about who initially discovered the Hidden Mickey on the ground. I did.
DSCN1294.JPG

Soon enough, it was time for our ADR. I was very confident that Kona Café would be able to add a 3rd person to our party. No issues here!
DSCN1304.JPG

We sat down to a great open view of both the restaurant and the lobby.
DSCN1309.JPG

We have been to Kona twice before, thoroughly enjoying both of our meals. It is definitely one of our favorite resort restaurants. And once the menu overhaul occurred and something called "Miso-buttered Strip Loin" appeared on the menu, J made sure that we'd be back. He declared this very good...so tender with lots of flavor. I agreed, though I would like to have tasted more miso flavor! But it jumped in front of Tiffins for sure. And it was only 1 TS credit!
DSCN1313.JPG

Part of me wanted the Dashi Noodle Bowl, part of me wanted fish again, but I really do want to try a bit of everything...so I went with Duo of Pork. The duo consisted of pork tenderloin and pork belly. The pork belly melted in my mouth. The Asian flavors were music to my tastebuds. The veggies were amazing...I needed more...and that yellow puck was 'Corn Spoonbread' which was like corn-bread-pudding. It was unlike anything I've ever tasted. I mopped my plate clean.
DSCN1310.JPG

My friend is a self-proclaimed 'not adventurous eater' so I was worried Kona would be a little out of her comfort zone, but she went with a safe option: the Lemon Grass-scented Airline Chicken Breast. She said the chicken was just like chicken, but the rice, veggies, and sauce were delicious. Being the sharers we are, J and I each gave her a piece of ours, which she ended up not touching, and our waitress took her plate away and we both cried inside.
DSCN1311.JPG

For dessert, J got the Kona Mocha Verrine really threw us off when it arrived at our table. Legitimately thought those were noodles! This was like a cup of creamy, coffe-y, dense, fluffy goodness.
DSCN1314.JPG

Kona has some BOMB desserts, and I was torn between trying something new or going back to old favorites that I've been thinking about for years. In the end, nothing could stop me from reuniting with the Kilauea Torte. Delectable hot, molten lava, chocolate-y heaven on a plate, accompanied by the perfect counterpart, vanilla ice cream. I was so happy.
DSCN1315.JPG

We spent the entire time talking to my friend about her life working for Disney. For me, it's both fascinating and terrifying to hear about what working at Disney is like. I could never, ever do it. Disney is too sacred to me to do it any other way than the way I currently do it, much less work there! But like any job, she has good days and bad days, but overall she's happy where she is, and optimistic about continuing to work there. I'm happy for her, and for myself, because that means my Facebook newsfeed will continue to display a plethora of WDW pictures every so often.

belledream

Original Poster
Our original plan was to lounge on the Poly beach after dinner, but the weather had not cooperated.
DSCN1316.JPG

But we got some nice views of a deserted beach.
DSCN1317.JPG

Since we took the boat over, we decided to switch gears and catch the monorail back to Magic Kingdom.
DSCN1320.JPG

I called window seat as I spazzed over the views along the way.
DSCN1321.JPG

Ugh, my heart truly...aches? sings?...for Grand Floridian. One day. And I mean that. I've already told my dad that we're staying in a suite with the grandkids. He agreed and even said he'll fund it. He is literally the only person in my family who has ever supported, and even fueled, my insanity.
DSCN1322.JPG

DSCN1325.JPG

DSCN1327.JPG

And just like that, we were back on Main Street U.S.A. It was positively glowing.
DSCN1328.JPG

Now that evening was approaching, I was becoming very jittery and anxious for Happily Ever After fireworks, especially because my friend had been raving about it.
DSCN1330.JPG

But we had some time before that. And Blue Ride was up again! This was a must-do for us, since we rode it together when we met up at MK 11 years ago.
DSCN1332.JPG

We giggled, reminisced, and caught a pretty sunset along the way.

belledream

Original Poster
As we neared the end of our Blue Ride, the sun was really setting!
DSCN1339.JPG

So of course, I dragged both of them back to the hub to revel in it's beauty. J spotted this smiley rock on the way.
DSCN1340.JPG

It's glowing...against the blue and pink and purple skies...
DSCN1342.JPG

It was one of those 'I need to take a mental picture' moments. But also a real picture.
DSCN1343.JPG

It's insane how you turn around and the sky is wholesomely blue.
DSCN1344.JPG

And then of course, I dragged them back to Tomorrowland. It's a good thing they both get me.
DSCN1345.JPG

I love when Tomorrowland begins to lights up.
DSCN1347.JPG

We came back to fit one more thing in.
DSCN1348.JPG
A ride on Space Mountain. The highlight of this turned out to be the picture. J made the most unflattering face and we could not stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes.
DSCN1349.JPG

When we emerged, night had truly fallen, and it was finally time.
DSCN1351.JPG

Happily Ever After...here we come!!!

belledream

Original Poster
I kept forgetting that Celebrate the Magic was replaced with a new castle projection show. I have said since Day 1, I think I enjoyed Celebrate the Magic moreso than Wishes. The projections were just so amazing and new to me. My jaw dropped at how stunning some of these were.
DSCN1355.JPG

When the Beauty and the Beast ballroom scene appeared, I just could not stop grinning at J.
DSCN1356.JPG

Overall, I appreciated the fresh addition of various scenes and characters (Winnie the Pooh!) but I felt like Celebrate the Magic was more unique in telling a story about the art of Disney with the sketches and paintbrushes, and great song. This was just another medley...though an enjoyable one. I told my friend I missed the Tangled lantern scene (always made me tear up) and she was like, "Just wait, it'll be fine." That kept me hopeful, even though I know I will always miss Celebrate the Magic. The best thing to come out of this was when Chip tells Mrs. Potts that this is his 'favorite story' and it's about the Enchantress cursing all who lived in the castle, J goes, "Why is THIS his favorite story?!" This guy...
DSCN1357.JPG

Yet soon enough, Happily Ever After begun. Within the first few notes of the tune, my heart began to swell. This wouldn't just be 'another pop song' to me. The light beams hit the sky, and the Cinderella Castle transformed in a way I have never seen it before. Red, blue, gold. It was a vision. Chill-inducing.
DSCN1358.JPG

I was totally transfixed the entire time. I loved seeing Tiana, the transition (and sheer art!) of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and don't pretend like you don't bop your head along to 'How Far I'll Go' when Moana shows up. The finale of 'Friend Like Me' from Aladdin...presented in a way only Disney can do. 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' and 'You'll Be in My Heart' is where I started to lose it. Of course I love all Disney love songs, but don't forget that Disney love stories are also about families...something that has been a real rollercoaster for us this year. To top it off, the Tangled lantern scene that I had longed for brought another wave of nostalgia and hope.
DSCN1359.JPG

But then...the Emperor! Mulan! And the fireworks here...freaking' AMAZING. Good vs. Evil, Maleficent, Pirates, every explosion was timed perfectly with the music. "I Can Go the Distance" really set the tone for what would be a spectacular finale. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The castle was built up piece by small piece, and before I knew it, a complete masterpiece in front of my eyes. I even gave Tinkerbell a quick glance, but I could not tear my eyes away from the castle. As we watched Happily Ever After tonight, we knew we would have to watch it on our next night at MK, and every night we will ever spend at MK in the future.
DSCN1360.JPG

We bid my friend goodbye, and even though the park had officially closed, we weren't ready to leave. We let the masses pass us by, and walked up to the Cinderella Castle getting as close as we could, and took a seat for a good amount of time. I'm not even sure. I just knew as I sat there with my head on J's shoulder that everything would be okay.
DSCN1366.JPG

We saw the Kiss Goodnight a few times. ("GET OUT!") We did. I was so grateful that we'd back for another night.
DSCN1369.JPG

Leaving Magic Kingdom is just infinitely harder than anywhere else.
DSCN1385.JPG

We returned to All Star Music to pick up Mrs. Potts from Maestro Mickey's, and back to our room to find the most magical chocolates on our bed. Happy Anniversary from All Star Music!
DSCN1393.JPG

Yes, I still have them. I will keep them forever.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Fourth day, fourth park. And a very special invitation to experience our 3rd Epcot Food & Wine Festival!
DSCN1396.JPG

We got to Epcot earlier than we had expected, and crowds were light. It was a great sign!
DSCN1402.JPG

While confined to the entrance area, we just gazed upward taking in the breadth of Spaceship Earth.
DSCN1403.JPG

And look at those blue skies...very fitting for a splendid Epcot morning. It certainly wouldn't be overcast today!
DSCN1405.JPG

We were powerwalkin' to Soarin'. Good Morning ya'll!
DSCN1406.JPG

DSCN1407.JPG

DSCN1408.JPG

Trying to keep up in the queue and took this horrible picture, but it still brings me back.
DSCN1409.JPG

And bring me back it did. We found ourselves reentering the Soarin' queue for another flight.
DSCN1410.JPG

And as is tradition, we walked onto Living with the Land right afterwards. This ride is in my Top 5. "We have not inherited the world from our forefathers. We have borrowed it from our children."
DSCN1411.JPG

So of course, an entire post dedicated to it is coming right up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom