Anandapur Yak and Yeti Menu Leaked

KingStefan

Original Poster
Musk Deer: This is indeed from central Asia, but is so valued for its musk, that the cost to use it as food, especially since this is the only place it lives, would be prohibitive.

Crushed Larvae and Ants: You're kidding, right?

Yak Liver: ditto.

Pika lard: A pika is a tiny relative of the rabbit that looks like a hamster. It is Asian, but I don't know how many pikas you'd have to kill to have enough pika lard, or why you'd use that instead of plain butter or shortening.

Entrees: The gravies sound authentic, don't they?

Garlic Frog: What's a Garlic Frog? Yahoo answers says it's the Mountain yellow-legged frog of Southern California. Maybe a touch of a reference to Disneyland?

Tahr: This is a goat from the Himalayas. This is the most believable ingredient yet. But once again, the problem is getting enough and at what expense?

Bamboo leaves, Galium vines, thistles, celery and nettles: I think Bamboo leaves are poison to humans (see previous entry on stems), Galium I've covered, and thistles. Celery's OK I guess. Nettles: Same comment as with thistles (has stinging hairs).

More comments later.

Some notes on the ingredients, with some comments:

Juniper leaves: The juniper is a coniferous shrub with sharp needles, like a spruce or fir tree. (I wonder how they make them tender enough to eat? Maybe they cut off the sharp ends by hand or something.)

etc, etc....

So you posted a rumor and now you're debunking the very same rumor you posted?
Couldn't you have saved us all the trouble by not posting it in the first place?

KingStefan

Original Poster
C'mon people. You are being fooled by a clever jokester.

Thanks for the complement. I didn't think it was all that clever, really. I tried to make it easy to debunk.

P.S., the gravies are in fact authentic, because they are copied from the linked site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom