Pre-Trip An October 2014 Castaway Cay Double Dip Adventure

Hello everyone! I finished my most recent trip report and decided it was time to get my plans in order for my next trip!!

Who: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brian)

What: A 5 night cruise on the Wonder that includes 2 stops at Castaway Cay followed by 1 day at MK and 1 night at the Contemporary
When: October 1-7
Why: I just recently returned from a 3 night cruise on the Dream that Brian didn't get to go on.:( So this is his consolation prize! He is set to start the fire academy in December, so we're not sure when his next vacation will be!
Plans:
Wednesday, October 1 We fly out of Columbus at 7 am and arrive in Orlando at 9:15. We will take a DCL transfer to Port Canaveral to embark on the Wonder.
Thursday, October 2 This is Castaway Cay day #1. We don't have any set plans yet, but we think we will try to snorkel this day and then just relax.
Friday, October 3 This is our at sea day. I'm still working on trying to get Palo brunch this day. I check at least once daily and will check as soon as we board if none show up!
Saturday, October 4 We will be in Key West. All ashore is 7:45 am. I have scheduled us for a jet ski tour at 8:30. Then we will probably get on one of the trolleys to check the rest of the island out.
Sunday, October 5 This is Castaway Cay day #2. I currently have Palo brunch scheduled at 12:30, but I am doing my best to get it changed, because I really don't want to use up that much time eating instead of being on the beach!!:D
Monday, October 6 Debarkation day.:( We will then take a Disney transfer to the Contemporary. I am so excited to be staying there! We had originally booked Pop since this was a totally spur of the moment booking and no saving had been done! I had checked out CR rooms, but nothing was available but a deluxe garden wing room. If I'm going to spend that much money, I want it to be in the tower! I happened to be looking at the website a few days after booking, and a Bay Lake view room became available. Brian knew how much I've always wanted to stay at CR, and he told me to go ahead and book it. There is no way we could afford it for more than one night on such short notice, so this may be our only opportunity to stay there! I'm still hoping a discount will come out that I can apply to the room! Anyhow, we will be spending that day at MK as soon as we get checked in. I only have two must do things that day. One is to have a fruit and nutella waffle for breakfast and the other is to ride SDMT. I was able to snag a 5:20 ADR for 'Ohana. That is what Brian is looking forward to the most! He can't wait for the bread pudding!:hungry:
Tuesday, October 7 Our flight leaves at 11:05 am, so DME will be picking us up at about 8 am. That means we won't have time for anything other than a quick breakfast at Contempo Cafe after checking our bags. We are set to land in Columbus at 1:15, so we will hopefully be back in Dayton in time to get the kids off the bus!

LisaBelle

Sorry you had so much trouble getting your fast pass+ times scheduled . I ran into lots of glitches when I was arranging times for our trip in July. Glad it worked out in the end though. You will be hitting lots of our favorite rides in MK!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sorry you had so much trouble getting your fast pass+ times scheduled . I ran into lots of glitches when I was arranging times for our trip in July. Glad it worked out in the end though. You will be hitting lots of our favorite rides in MK!
I wasn't surprised that I had issues, just disappointed. You would think they would have this all worked out by now!

mrdrift

Glad that you were able to get FP's for the rides you wanted, just sad to hear that people are still experiencing troubles in makings those reservations. But that is done and now you can focus on the good parts, packing for the trip.Have fun will be following.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Glad that you were able to get FP's for the rides you wanted, just sad to hear that people are still experiencing troubles in makings those reservations. But that is done and now you can focus on the good parts, packing for the trip.Have fun will be following.
Thanks!

sweetpee_1993

Tracey & I are cruising with you! Well, not WITH you with you but with you like on the same ship at the same time! Booked today! WooHOO! Everything came together and the special rates were kiiiillin me. We'll be on the 9/26 5-night double dip with our boys & brother. They will be getting off the ship on 10/1, Tracey & I will turn around and get right back on for another 5-night double dip right along with y'all! We actually booked all IGT rates. We'll shoot for upgrades to verandahs at the port for both sailings. Wow. I'm doing the Dream 4-night with the Ladies of Leisure 9/21-9/25 then the 2 5-nighters on the Wonder starting 9/26. That's 5 trips to Castaway Cay! Insane!

Is it okay if Tracey & I book that early jet ski tour, too???? We promise to behave ourselves! ;)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Tracey & I are cruising with you! Well, not WITH you with you but with you like on the same ship at the same time! Booked today! WooHOO! Everything came together and the special rates were kiiiillin me. We'll be on the 9/26 5-night double dip with our boys & brother. They will be getting off the ship on 10/1, Tracey & I will turn around and get right back on for another 5-night double dip right along with y'all! We actually booked all IGT rates. We'll shoot for upgrades to verandahs at the port for both sailings. Wow. I'm doing the Dream 4-night with the Ladies of Leisure 9/21-9/25 then the 2 5-nighters on the Wonder starting 9/26. That's 5 trips to Castaway Cay! Insane!

Is it okay if Tracey & I book that early jet ski tour, too???? We promise to behave ourselves! ;)
Yay!! I'm am so excited to be able to meet you! We would love to have you on the early jet ski tour!! No need to behave!:D

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I got Mickey mail today!!!
IMG_0545.JPG

Love the door magnet from @Disneyfalcon ! Thanks, Tammy!!
Only 37 more days!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Now that the kids are back in school, I've had a chance to start thinking about what to pack. I dug out the two shirts I bought for Brian that he didn't get to wear in June!
IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

I knew he wouldn't wear a pirate Mickey to match my shirt, so I figured at least he could have a pirate themed shirt of some sort. I'm kind of pushing my luck with the DCL logo one, but I figured it was small enough that I may be okay!

I also started working on my Ursula costume. I got a purple tutu. I plan to wear black leggings under it and a black tank top with my shell necklace and earrings. I bought some black sparkle wired ribbon that I am going to try to make tentacles out of. We'll see how that goes!
IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

I'm currently looking for the correct color of felt to make Flotsam and Jetsam for Brian. I think I'm going to try to attach their tails to the back of a shirt, then make their bodies come over his shoulders and along his arms. He thinks their faces need to be puppets for his hands, but I think that will not likely be happening!! I'm open to any and all suggestions about how to make this or another idea work!

Only 35 days!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I experienced some Disney magic today and I'm not even there yet!! I was perusing the website and noticed there was a Contemporary Theme Park View room available with the fall discount that was $40 less than what I was paying for a Bay Lake View. I called to get it changed knowing I would likely owe a few bucks because of the $50 change fee. Well, I got it changed and they waived the change fee!! I'm getting a $45 refund and getting an upgraded view. I'm so excited!! Only 25 days until the cruise and 30 until MK!

LisaBelle

I saw the photo of your luggage tags and I got all sad because I want some, too! I remember how excited we got when ours came. Matching MagicBands! So cute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom