Pre-Trip An October 2014 Castaway Cay Double Dip Adventure

Hello everyone! I finished my most recent trip report and decided it was time to get my plans in order for my next trip!!

Who: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brian)

What: A 5 night cruise on the Wonder that includes 2 stops at Castaway Cay followed by 1 day at MK and 1 night at the Contemporary
When: October 1-7
Why: I just recently returned from a 3 night cruise on the Dream that Brian didn't get to go on.:( So this is his consolation prize! He is set to start the fire academy in December, so we're not sure when his next vacation will be!
Plans:
Wednesday, October 1 We fly out of Columbus at 7 am and arrive in Orlando at 9:15. We will take a DCL transfer to Port Canaveral to embark on the Wonder.
Thursday, October 2 This is Castaway Cay day #1. We don't have any set plans yet, but we think we will try to snorkel this day and then just relax.
Friday, October 3 This is our at sea day. I'm still working on trying to get Palo brunch this day. I check at least once daily and will check as soon as we board if none show up!
Saturday, October 4 We will be in Key West. All ashore is 7:45 am. I have scheduled us for a jet ski tour at 8:30. Then we will probably get on one of the trolleys to check the rest of the island out.
Sunday, October 5 This is Castaway Cay day #2. I currently have Palo brunch scheduled at 12:30, but I am doing my best to get it changed, because I really don't want to use up that much time eating instead of being on the beach!!:D
Monday, October 6 Debarkation day.:( We will then take a Disney transfer to the Contemporary. I am so excited to be staying there! We had originally booked Pop since this was a totally spur of the moment booking and no saving had been done! I had checked out CR rooms, but nothing was available but a deluxe garden wing room. If I'm going to spend that much money, I want it to be in the tower! I happened to be looking at the website a few days after booking, and a Bay Lake view room became available. Brian knew how much I've always wanted to stay at CR, and he told me to go ahead and book it. There is no way we could afford it for more than one night on such short notice, so this may be our only opportunity to stay there! I'm still hoping a discount will come out that I can apply to the room! Anyhow, we will be spending that day at MK as soon as we get checked in. I only have two must do things that day. One is to have a fruit and nutella waffle for breakfast and the other is to ride SDMT. I was able to snag a 5:20 ADR for 'Ohana. That is what Brian is looking forward to the most! He can't wait for the bread pudding!:hungry:
Tuesday, October 7 Our flight leaves at 11:05 am, so DME will be picking us up at about 8 am. That means we won't have time for anything other than a quick breakfast at Contempo Cafe after checking our bags. We are set to land in Columbus at 1:15, so we will hopefully be back in Dayton in time to get the kids off the bus!

Jae99

Sounds like an action packed trip! Hope you both have a blast.

I followed your last trip report and enjoyed it all. You are one great mom and wife.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
At what point did you start thinking you may need to get an annual pass?! :) Three trips in one year!!
Well, we aren't going to get them, but I was thinking about that the other day! We used the free dining in November so we needed tickets, then I knew my mom wanted to be able to purchase everything for our June trip including the dining plan and we all needed to be on the same package, and we really have no plans to go back any time soon after this trip. If I had known in November that we would be doing this trip, I probably would have gone ahead and purchased an AP. Hindsight is 20/20!:rolleyes:

mrdrift

Wow, this sounds like a very exciting trip coming up. Can't wait to read the report from the cruise and the fun day at Magic Kingdom. Have fun!!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I got the first part of my costume today for the Halloween festivities on the cruise!
IMG_0217.JPG

I plan to go as Ursula and do something with Flotsam and Jetsam for Brian!

DisSplash

This has to be the best possible remedy for the just-left-Disney blues ... plan out your next Disney adventure!!

I love all of the little trinkets you find to accessorize with. I guess you just pick things up as you see them, huh? I thought of that a few weekends ago when I was at the amusement park and saw these anchor rings on sale for $3.99 in the gift shop -- I do not have my next Disney cruise booked, but I know I will at some point, so I bought 2 of those rings for that future occasion, as they will be the perfect cruise accessory!! :happy:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
This has to be the best possible remedy for the just-left-Disney blues ... plan out your next Disney adventure!!

I love all of the little trinkets you find to accessorize with. I guess you just pick things up as you see them, huh? I thought of that a few weekends ago when I was at the amusement park and saw these anchor rings on sale for $3.99 in the gift shop -- I do not have my next Disney cruise booked, but I know I will at some point, so I bought 2 of those rings for that future occasion, as they will be the perfect cruise accessory!! :happy:
Absolutely the best remedy!! It is a really bad habit, but I just can't resist sometimes when I know something will be perfect for my next Disney trip (even when I don't have one planned!!) Sounds like you're getting the hang of it!!:D

PartOfYourWorld

Happy to hear that Brian will be going this time around! Double dipping at Castaway Cay sounds like it will be alot of fun!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to see your Ursula outfit! It sounds like it is going to be awesome!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Happy to hear that Brian will be going this time around! Double dipping at Castaway Cay sounds like it will be alot of fun!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to see your Ursula outfit! It sounds like it is going to be awesome!!!
Thanks! I'm still not sure whether I am going to buy a costume or try to make something on my own! Guess I better start making some decisions!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Fly out of Columbus.....from one Ohioan to another ----- O-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like an awesome trip you have to look forward to.
Thanks! I'd much rather fly out of Dayton, as it is 15 minutes from our house, but the times work better from Columbus!

Scott10

We've had to do that before, but from the other direction.....choosing between Cleveland/Columbus. Good that times work out for you though and I will look forward to the trip report. I would love to take my family on a Disney Cruise at some point.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I am so not enamored with the FP+ and MDE system right now!! Today is 60 days. (Well, 55 days from the cruise, 60 from our MK day!) Yay!! I stayed up until midnight to try to get SDMT FP+. Of course, I was still locked out and couldn't make FP+ or do online check-in. I went to bed and got up again at 1am because I couldn't sleep. This time I was at least able to do online check-in, but still no FP+. I got up this morning at 6 to try again and was finally able to to make FP+!! However, I got online about 8am to try to modify times and was locked out again.:banghead: Luckily, I was able to access it again at 8:30 and move around our Splash and Big Thunder times. So, here are our tentative plans for our MK day:
Hopefully in the park no later than 10am.
Quick breakfast of a fruit and nutella waffle to share
Big Thunder FP+ 10:30-11:30
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:30. We will likely share the Pilgrims' Feast and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!
Splash Mountain FP+ 12:35-1:35
Dinner at 'Ohana at 5:20pm
SDMT FP+ 6:50-7:50

We, of course, will be filling in our time with other rides. A few that we want to be sure to hit are Pirates, Little Mermaid, TTA, Haunted Mansion, and I really want to try to get to Space Mountain, but it is not a favorite of Brian's, so no big deal if we aren't able! I would also like to see FoF parade, but we will see how we are doing time wise! Brian has already stated that he doesn't care if we see MSEP and Wishes because he wants to try to get more rides in. I am hoping we can maybe watch Wishes from the New FantasyLand. We shall see!

I am certainly going to keep checking to try to get an earlier SDMT FP+ so we can try to use the additional FP+, but I was just happy to get any time at all!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom