American Horror Story 5 will be.....

stevehousse

Really interested to see what this will be about. I'm not a huge lady gaga fan, but let's hope it's great! Last season was just ok in my opinion and it ended horribly!

Mickey81

I'm really excited to see it......however won't be until it hits Netflix in about a year. In the mean time I'll start last season, which I haven't heard very good things about. Coven is my favorite so far.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
I'm really excited to see it......however won't be until it hits Netflix in about a year. In the mean time I'll start last season, which I haven't heard very good things about. Coven is my favorite so far.
Last season was actually pretty awesome. It got an incredible number of Emmy nominations. People in general seem to be freaked out by, well, freaks, which could explain some of the negative buzz, not to mention the recent flop of the Broadway revival of Side Show, which was brilliant.

Mickey81

Last season was actually pretty awesome. It got an incredible number of Emmy nominations. People in general seem to be freaked out by, well, freaks, which could explain some of the negative buzz, not to mention the recent flop of the Broadway revival of Side Show, which was brilliant.
Good to hear!! I'll be hopeful.

catmom46

Well this was a popular thread, wasn't it?

;)

Anyone else watching the premiere tonight at 10?

I forgot about this thread, sorry! I posted on the horror one instead. I just watched it last night and was taken aback at how much more violent it is this time. If a good story line doesn't emerge soon, I don't know if it'll hold my interest, which is too bad because I've liked all the previous seasons. Although visually it's stunning, I need substance!

Californian Elitist

I'm a huge American Horror Story fan, and even I was disturbed this past Wednesday night. Asylum was by far the most disturbing season for me, but Hotel just might catch up. We'll see.

Hotel reminds me a lot of Murder House. I spend a lot of my time in Downtown Los Angeles where Hotel was filmed, so it's it's fun to be able to recognize the area in the show. The L.A. references in general are amusing (Universal Studios Hollywood, the Santa Monica Pier, etc.). Speaking of Los Angeles, based on the previews, it's looks like there will be a Richard Ramirez (the "Night Stalker") reference, which makes sense because the real Richard Ramirez frequently stayed at the Cecil Hotel, the DTLA hotel this season is based on. I'm looking forward to see how they'll tackle that.

So far I'm impressed with Gaga's performance. This season already seems better than Freak Show, which wasn't that great at all and has been my least favorite.

catmom46

I'm a huge American Horror Story fan, and even I was disturbed this past Wednesday night. Asylum was by far the most disturbing season for me, but Hotel just might catch up. We'll see.

Hotel reminds me a lot of Murder House. I spend a lot of my time in Downtown Los Angeles where Hotel was filmed, so it's it's fun to be able to recognize the area in the show. The L.A. references in general are amusing (Universal Studios Hollywood, the Santa Monica Pier, etc.). Speaking of Los Angeles, based on the previews, it's looks like there will be a Richard Ramirez (the "Night Stalker") reference, which makes sense because the real Richard Ramirez frequently stayed at the Cecil Hotel, the DTLA hotel this season is based on. I'm looking forward to see how they'll tackle that.

So far I'm impressed with Gaga's performance. This season already seems better than Freak Show, which wasn't that great at all and has been my least favorite.

Hotel has already surpassed Asylum in regards to disturbing to me! Or maybe it's a different type of disturbing. It reminds me of Murder House, too, although I didn't know about the Richard Ramirez reference.

Freak Show is also my least favorite so far, mainly because I was so sick of her singing!

Californian Elitist

Hotel has already surpassed Asylum in regards to disturbing to me! Or maybe it's a different type of disturbing. It reminds me of Murder House, too, although I didn't know about the Richard Ramirez reference.

Freak Show is also my least favorite so far, mainly because I was so sick of her singing!

I agree that it's a different kind of disturbing. What made Asylum messed up for me was the whole demon possession thing. I'm not really a fan of that kind of thing. The scene where the possessed nun raped the priest was just so wrong. I'm not Catholic, but I am Christian, so that scene pretty much made me sick. Hotel, on the other hand, is grim, gross, gory, and macabre. I had to fast forward the scene with the monster-person (I'm sure you know the scene I'm referring to). I couldn't handle it.

Freak Show's plot was a little weak and messy. There also wasn't much character development. I also hated that song Lange kept singing, it drove me nuts.

DisneyGigi

Holy thread bump, I know... but Jessica Lange is going to be back, as Constance Langdon! I get home from Disney, well after a day at the beach, when it starts- but anyway... high, high, expectations for this season. The last two were meh... I did not care for Freak Show, loved Hotel, other than the one part, it was just too much. :-/
Constance Langdon.... so hope we find out more about her 4th child. I adore Jessica Lange, she is just amazing.

Princess Leia

But of course! I liked it but I need them to pick up the pace a little bit, especially since this is just 10 episodes. I would love to discuss, but everything would be spoilers, LOL.
(I think you can change the title of the thread ;) )

The last 5 minutes or so definitely picked up the pace a bit lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom