amazing new disney product

epcot71

Original Poster
ok here it is
they have many different disney theme park picture books that u can buy at the many merchandise shops in wdw
they have many different theme park cds and tapes that let u listen to various sounds of attractions and shows etc.

what about the smells of disney????????????????????????
is it me or does disney world have this distinct smell to it???????

you know you feel the same way but too shy to speak your mind!

watch out books and cds here somes disney "smell in a can"!!!!

ok maybe i should go to bed:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

prberk

Two smells

You are right about distinctive smells at Walt Disney World, but there are at least two:

1. The monorail (a rubber sort of smell, that has a hint of diesel, although no diesel is used that I know of). Especially acute in the Contemporary, fourth floor.

2. The tiki lamp oil burning smell at the Polynesian.

Both of these smells always remind me of Disney. Also, to some extent the food (hamburgers cooking) also is the air.

Finally, has anyone noticed the taste of the water, a little sufuric I think (but not sure). Anyway, it is another reminder (though not as pleasant) that I have arrived!

Beauty and the

For me one of the great night time smells is fireworks,no other firework display smells like that, maybe cause no other firework display is like that:D

DisJosh

Well my WDW smell is a little diferent....

I switched to a diferent deoderant on my last Disney trip so now whenever I smell it it reminds me of being in the hotel room lol :D

The monorails also have distinct smells as well as Splash Mountains water :veryconfu

DanStat

Special

Originally posted by DisJosh
Well my WDW smell is a little diferent....

I switched to a diferent deoderant on my last Disney trip so now whenever I smell it it reminds me of being in the hotel room lol :D

Well, isn't that original! Weird...but original!

Maria

What about the smell of coal burning inside Spaceship Earth? And the smell of " the prehistoric era" inside Universe of Energy? Of course there are distinctive smells in WDW! you are totally right! :)

mickeyman

to go along with what disjosh said my last trip in september 2000 I bought a new soap with me and know when I use that soap it reminds me of disney.

epcot71

Original Poster
wheres my patent lawyer

i need to hire a patent lawyer now and present this to eisner
i know i will get thrown from his 5th story executive suite
but now i will have another smell to remember-eisners office

yes i do have real good health(mental) insurance:p

Monorail Lime

Re: Two smells

Originally posted by prberk
1. The monorail (a rubber sort of smell, that has a hint of diesel, although no diesel is used that I know of). Especially acute in the Contemporary, fourth floor.

You are correct, there is no diesel (or any other fuel) involved with the monorails. You are probably smelling the mechanical lubricant. There is also sometimes a slight electrical burning smell which I believe is the resistor banks. But yes, the rubber smell is the strongest of all!

NowInc

The plasitc/rubber smell of EVERY attraction...the oil smell of the "larger" rides...the "turkey leg" smell of inside SEA, the soda smell inside Ice station cool.....the musty smell on EVERY water ride (most prominant on Pirates)...

Ya know whats odd??? The disney smell is almost IDENTICAL to the one I smell inside a check cashing store..which leads me to believe that the disney smell is actually the scent of MONEY.

hehe

monorail256

one things for sure disneyworld does have distict smells that we find pleasing. One thing that just pops in my mind would have to be the renesance burning part in spaceship earth.. it smells weird..lol :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom