Am I the Only One Who Thinks There Should Be a Disney Parks Magazine?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
As if I already don't spend enough time reading about the Disney parks. I really would like there to be a magazine solely dedicated to the Disney Parks. I think it would be amazing.

They have an unofficial one that has been around for years and is a very nice publication (good quality and decent size) called Celebrations which it is all about WDW parks and resorts and comes out quarterly.
Also there is one that is for mobile devices that's monthly and you can find it in the App Store on Apple devices called WDW magazine. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
As previous posters have mentioned there is WDW Magazine on an app and a print one called Celebrations (also electronic). I have subscribed to both and I enjoy Celebrations much more than the WDW Magazine one. The WDW one has great pictures and the video links are fun but the article depth is a little lacking and always seems like a glossy ad. I'm not perfect with my grammar, but I have also noticed a lot of typos in their articles.

Celebrations seems to go a little more in depth with their articles and they are fun to read. They have great pictures and some fun little games in the back. With Celebrations I haven't noticed many errors in it either. I also like getting a magazine in the mail too.

disney4life2008

The internet kind of killed em off.

I remember in the 90s there were several publications I had to get. The main was Birnbaum's guide to disney it was my bible and I carried that book with me everyday about a week before vacation and everywhere during my stay. The rise of the internet and more recent social media has taken a lot of the fun out of planning. MM+ has not made it any better. But I do miss those days of being cut off until I got my book

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I remember in the 90s there were several publications I had to get. The main was Birnbaum's guide to disney it was my bible and I carried that book with me everyday about a week before vacation and everywhere during my stay. The rise of the internet and more recent social media has taken a lot of the fun out of planning. MM+ has not made it any better. But I do miss those days of being cut off until I got my book
Oh me too. Birnbaums. WDW for Adults. Disney News.

Good times.

OliveMcFly

I miss the magazines from the 90s. We still have all of them.
DisneyMagazine.jpg

World_Showcase_Lover007

I really would like there to be a magazine solely dedicated to the Disney Parks. I think it would be amazing.

I agree with you that it would be nice if they had a parks magazine. Just something that says Disney which I can look at and toss on the coffee table. That would make me happy, as it would be a subtle reminder of the parks. But then I would get upset when they announced the special subscription price of $299.99 per year for 12 issues. But hey, thats probably 40% off the cover price!

MarkTwain

I miss the magazines from the 90s. We still have all of them.
DisneyMagazine.jpg

Anyone remember when a conplimentary copy of Disney Magazine would be sitting on your room's desk once you checked into a Disney resort? I always used to love going into the room for the first time so I could start reading the newest issue.

If their goal was to hook you into subscribing with the free issue, then it worked, because we loved reading them so much that we ended up becoming subscribers after a few visits. It helped bring some of the Disney feeling home.

It's a shame they ended up discontinuing the magazine a few years later. :( They were a lot of fun.

OliveMcFly

Anyone remember when a conplimentary copy of Disney Magazine would be sitting on your room's desk once you checked into a Disney resort? I always used to love going into the room for the first time so I could start reading the newest issue.

If their goal was to hook you into subscribing with the free issue, then it worked, because we loved reading them so much that we ended up becoming subscribers after a few visits. It helped bring some of the Disney feeling home.

It's a shame they ended up discontinuing the magazine a few years later. :( They were a lot of fun.
We didn't visit as much when I was little as we do now. Maybe once every 2 years compared to multiple times every year now. It was a way to keep in touch with the resort and still get that bit of magic at home. Now I just go here or jump on a plane :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom