Am I the only one who LOVES Hollywood Studios?

Maglutak

Original Poster
It seems there is a little too much hate and criticism on Hollywood Studios. Honestly, it's my favorite park. I love the atmosphere from the moment I walk through the main gates.

The feeling of walking down Sunset Boulevard and seeing the Tower of Terror, the rock music playing around Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, the feeling of walking though the streets of New York and the beautiful landscaping. Sure, it could do without that horrible hat, but I really do have a true love for Hollywood Studios. I love ALL of the attractions there. The shows, the rides and the restaurants.

Am I the only one who really loves Hollywood Studios and thinks of it as a way better park than say, Animal Kingdom. I never feel like a trip to Walt Disney World is complete without a trip to the Studios.

Bob Saget

Nope. We love it too. DHS is like a small slice of cake you get at an over-priced restaurant. Not hating the product...just wish there was more of it for your $$$$.

rufio

I like it, I don't LOVE it. I definitely can't spend an entire day there. We normally devote a day to DHS, but we always take a break and go back to our resort between lunch and dinner.

The Empress Lilly

I love love love the Studios. It was love at first sight for me, and I remain absolutely smitten.
amour4.gif

I remember when I first visited the Studios, actually, the day after my first visit. I had an appointment in Downtown Disney, but had trouble getting there (no car). I decided to go to the Studios instead, because I could catch a ride and it was close. Once at the gate, I walked in, 'just a cup of coffee', kept walking, breathing in the atmosphere. It was late at night, raining, there was nobody there. Just me, walking Hollywood Boulevard, Echo Lake, around Star Tours...
I never left that night. I just couldn't pull myself away. I kept thinking to myself how much I loved that place, that I really liked it there.

There are a thousand small things wrong with the Studios, and there are some big uneasy issues about theming and the loss of the working studios aspect. But where the Studios work, it works so well. I just like that place, I really do. It is magical.

Magenta Panther

It seems there is a little too much hate and criticism on Hollywood Studios. Honestly, it's my favorite park. I love the atmosphere from the moment I walk through the main gates.

The feeling of walking down Sunset Boulevard and seeing the Tower of Terror, the rock music playing around Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, the feeling of walking though the streets of New York and the beautiful landscaping. Sure, it could do without that horrible hat, but I really do have a true love for Hollywood Studios. I love ALL of the attractions there. The shows, the rides and the restaurants.

Am I the only one who really loves Hollywood Studios and thinks of it as a way better park than say, Animal Kingdom. I never feel like a trip to Walt Disney World is complete without a trip to the Studios.

Wow, word for word, my feelings about DHS echo yours. I love the park, for exactly the reasons you stated. I don't care for the Muppets thing, and I don't like the Hat because it's silly and grotesque, but everything else about DHS, I love. Even more than the MK, although my feelings may change after the Expansion. I hope so...

John

I too love the park, I dont hink there are many people who actually hate it but most of us believe it could be so much more. I think out of any park it has as much potential as any of them. To me this is also the easiest to theme. Not to mention the least exspensive to do so. Sure you could exspand and go crazy. I always thought a Star Wars themed land was a no brainer. But for me I love the classic Hollywood theme. There is so much that could be done.

erasure fan1

It seems there is a little too much hate and criticism on Hollywood Studios.

I think most of the criticism stems from the park lacking in attractions and seeming incomplete. We love the studios, but due to the fact its lacking so much in the attraction department, I cant give it the props that it could get. The sad part is that the studios and the animal kingdom have SOOOOO much potential. It pains me to see Disney treat both parks like an illegitimate step child.

bubbles1812

It too is my second favorite after MK. Yes I do think more could be done but I sincerely love the shows and rides. ToT is one of my all time favorite rides of any theme park I've ever been in.

ParentsOf4

DHS is my favorite park. I'm a sucker for that 1940s 'Golden Age of Hollywood That Never Was' feel. Starring Rolls is the best place to have a coffee & pastry in the morning. People sprinting to get to the rides, you relaxing with your TSMM FP in hand, knowing you've done everything dozens of times before so no need to rush. Attractions such as ToT, RnRC, TSMM, ST2. Shows such as Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action. Fantasmic (enough said). Several good TS & QS restaurants. Usually open later than Epcot and DAK. And let's not forget Star Wars Weekends in the Summer and the Ozborne Festival of Dancing Lights for Christmas!

What's not to love?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
nothing will ever take first place away from MK but for our kids
DHS is a very close second.
Unlike AK I can totally understand the love for DHS, but as others have mentioned it does feel unfinished or dare I say disjointed a times.

With that being said I do love the whole 'hollywood that never was' vibe they
working hard to maintain.

Any issues I have with DHS is based on what this park really could be.

disneypearl

I love DHS and its atmosphere. The Tower of Terror has become one of my favorites and Toy Story Midway Mania is always fun. The band Mulch, Sweat, and Shears is awesome and Fantasmic is a perfect way to end the night. I wish they would add on to Pixar and more attractions would be great but I do love it.

bluewings

For me it's really weird when it comes to DHS and doesn't make much sense as I'm sitting here thinking about it. It has my favorite ride, ToT. Rock n Roller Coaster is in my top 4. Muppet Vision is my favorite 3D movie, possibly favorite show at Disney. Love the Great Movie Ride......but for a long time now I've had the 'There's something missing' feeling about the park. I think it has a lot to do with the Backlot Tour, I used to absolutely LOVE it but now it is just awful. The last time I was there I really wanted to just stand up and walk off. I don't like Lights Motor Action so that show causing changes to the tour has bothered me.
I don't like that I can see everything I want to see and still have so much of the day left, I haven't been on Toy Story Mania or the new Star Tours so it's VERY possible that that issue doesn't exist anymore.

Scooter

While I don't Hate Disney's Hollywood Studios, we can buzz into this park and be out in about 3 hours. There's really not much we're interested in there and after we do Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster and the Muppets or The Great Movie ride we pretty much head for the exit. Unless you have ADRS, there's really not many good dining choices to be made there so we don't even stick around for lunch. We usually take a Friendship to Boardwalk and eat there and then head out off to EPCOT. While some might dissagree, there's just not enough there for my wife and myself to stick around for. We hate the long queue line for Toy Story mania and find Indiana Jones to be boring and while we Love The Walt Disney Story and find it to be fasinating, once you've seen it, you don't really need to see it again and again Not a big fan of the High School Musical presentations and have done the Back Lot Tour three times which is enough for anybody.
I can understand while some people really like this park, I only hope that those people can understand while it's just so-so for us.

The Empress Lilly

I only hope that those people can understand while it's just so-so for us.
I can see why DHS to some would be a half-day park, or even outright underwhelming.

Me, I love ToT, RnRC and ST. I can have multiple rides out of these, each visit. This helps. I also love TLM. If I couldn't rely on these, I'd have a hard time filling a day at DHS.

I like TSMM, but it's always out of fastpasses and it's not worth the long standby wait to me.
I resent cars and explosions in a Disney park, so LMA is just a big nuisance to me.
The Backlot and Animation tours, Indy and One Man's Dream are not must-see-every-time experiences.
The GMR, BatB and Muppets I like, but only once a trip.
F! last time I saw it was totally underwhelming. Last trip, I used F! to do TSMM, and to get some rides in on ToT/RnRC.

So yes, without my thrill trio I'd quickly run out of options in DHS.

Susan Savia

We love HS. It's just not a full day park for us and usually are finished by 3:00 and go to another. Love Toy Story, Indy and roaming thru the stores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom