Am I The Only One....This Site Is Becoming Way To Negative

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Those that like fireworks just need to watch when I stumble in tired and emotional to be confronted by the current Mrs Sak. Now that's explosive. I think its the ginger gene.
If I recall, didn't you used to claim that Mrs. Sak produced your favorite fireworks? Probably jades you a bit with regards to other shows when your wife is incredibly talented like that.

MKCP 1985

Perhaps - one might hope - the negativity contributed in some small way to Disney Parks' quick retreat from the $150 evenings at the Magic Kingdom most recently announced.

But most of the time it is a bore.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Perhaps - one might hope - the negativity contributed in some small way to Disney Parks' quick retreat from the $150 evenings at the Magic Kingdom most recently announced.

But most of the time it is a bore.
Very doubtful that Disney execs cared one whit about the rantings here from a dozen posters. Oh, and they didn't retreat. They ran a test for a certain number of weeks, and ran the test for the entire time. If they would have retreated, they would have ended it before the last date.

No one here knows the real reason for the test. All we can do is speculate. Some say to gauge how much to charge for the Halloween and Christmas parties. Some think it's to do away with EMH, though I find it weird that Disney is still advertising EMH in it's latest commercials. If they truly were trying to eliminate it, why not stop advertising it? Of course, certain people here are always right, and we have no idea what we could possibly be talking about.

Many here are complaining that the parks are too busy and the waits too long. Maybe Disney was simply trying to find a price point to lower the crowds so that the idiots here can stop complaining so much. Who knows.

tirian

The latest news and rumors will always be those that generate the most heated discussion by their very nature.

People don't get passionate about suggesting which day is best to eat at Boma on someone's trip, but they do get passionate about say replacing Maelstrom with Frozen. It is just the nature of the beast.

I have always allowed people to discuss things openly rather than to try and control the message. AS long as people are respectful to each other and do not violate rules they are free to express an opinion, whatever that may be.

The site has been running for nearly 20 years, and over that time there has been periods of overwhelming positivity, and overwhelming negativity. It is often a reflection of the current state of the parks at any moment in time.

That's why it's the only WDW-centric site I respect.

Sure, some people are too negative; others are naïvely positive; others are balanced. This is true of every web forum. At least WDWMagic boasts plenty of knowledgable members and excellent news coverage.

disneyworld07

Wow. I used to come to these forums and enjoy the fun discussions of all things Walt Disney World and beyond. However, it would seem that these forums have simply become home to moaning, complaining people who have no desire to see anything remotely positive about the parks. Coming onto these forums now puts a downer on my trip planning. It puts a negative spin on ANY news that is released. People seem to use this place to complain and reminisce about the glory days etc. In fact I am willing to bet that some of you won't finish reading this post before you feel the need to jump in and tell me how unobservant or Disney brain-washed I am for feeling anything other than disgust with the current way of things.

Truth is, we still have a wonderful time. We still make fantastic memories. We still love to travel all the way from the UK even though it costs too much to go any more frequently than every other year at best.

I wonder....... you must be on these forums because you enjoy something about Disney? If it is just a memory of Disney that you still love, then why hang around on these forums? Why not leave and enjoy a Disney free life and maybe then these forums can become a place of positivity and excitement for those who still value their trips to the parks. After all, surely it must become boring after a while to come to these forums and complain so much?

I am sure this post won't be clever enough - I have no doubt it will be picked apart a million times over. I am not here to battle with you all, but man you guys know how to play down what still is my happiest place on earth.

BrerJon

Disney fans are like sports fans. It's our team, whether it wins every game or loses, whether we love the current manager or are campaigning for him to be fired. Just as you don't stop supporting a team when it does badly, its equally hard to walk away from discussion about the parks when they're in decline.

Also there are plenty of different forums out there. DisBoards, for example, concentrates on the positive and the excitement, and is no place for pessimism, whereas these forums tend to attract more discussion about the business side of things, the history of the company, and the internal politics. In short, it's a big internet, and there's room for everyone.

As for these being forums for fans of the Disney magic... they still are, it's just that many of us feel that magic is in short supply recently down at WDW.

disneyworld07

Disney fans are like sports fans. It's our team, whether it wins every game or loses, whether we love the current manager or are campaigning for him to be fired. Just as you don't stop supporting a team when it does badly, its equally hard to walk away from discussion about the parks when they're in decline.

Also there are plenty of different forums out there. DisBoards, for example, concentrates on the positive and the excitement, and is no place for pessimism, whereas these forums tend to attract more discussion about the business side of things, the history of the company, and the internal politics. In short, it's a big internet, and there's room for everyone.

I respect the way you have worded this reply :) thank you for taking the time.

I find it interesting to understand why people who can no longer seem to find anything positive about Disney continue to fill these forums with such negativity. It just wasn't always that way - haha, looks like I too am reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Hence my decision to leave. Just wanted to make this last post before I left, as I needed to voice my slight disappointment and how things have become.....a site for Disney fans that seems to be overrun by people who just cannot find a single positive thing to day about it....

Zipadeelady

@disneyworld07 There are many many of us so called "Pixie Dusters" here. And I do agree that sometimes i start to panic during my trip planning after i read all the negative threads on here but there are as many positive threads too. I tend to stay more on the Trip Reports and Trip Planning threads. I do sneak a peak at News and Rumors sometimes but i noticed after about 4 or 5 pages it almost always turns to bashing each other or Disney so I stop reading after I get the core information. Don't give up on us, just ignore the negative threads. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom