What do I do?

• Invite them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't invite them

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have in-laws that I don't care for as well so I understand. I say invite only who you want to to the dinner. It isn't a huge gathering so it should be understandable that you would want to keep it small. If it was a large party then I think to keep peace you would have to invite them. Especially if you are paying for your birthday dinner, invite only who you want to pay for. Also, unless her brother keeps asking I wouldn't mention anything to him about it, just let it come and go.

steviej

Original Poster
so to update everyone. My wife finally took no for an answer. But then my Mother In Law decided to get involved. (imagine Marie Barone times 250)

She knows how I feel about them, she texted me matter of factly saying "hey I'm going to invite all of them to your bday"

We went back and forth, she had a hard time, I finally told her if she invited them, then I'm cancelling my bday dinner, I wouldn't celebrate my 30th bday, and she could have herself to blame.

After that, she dropped it. Maybe it was a little childish of me, but as the song goes, "it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to."

A guy only turns 30 once, and I should get to enjoy it as I see fit

It is certainly up to you what you decide and it seems like you have a lot of issues and anger towards these family members. The sad thing here is that all the participants involved in this are adults and they sure aren't acting as such. Time to pull up the big boy pants or things are going to get way worse in the future.

steviej

Original Poster
It is certainly up to you what you decide and it seems like you have a lot of issues and anger towards these family members. The sad thing here is that all the participants involved in this are adults and they sure aren't acting as such. Time to pull up the big boy pants or things are going to get way worse in the future.

You wanna know what's sad? My brother in laws are my mother in law's STEPkids.

IDK why, they can do no wrong in her eyes.

To this day, she still defends them over the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to send me a text when my grandmother passed away.

You wanna know what's sad? My brother in laws are my mother in law's STEPkids.

IDK why, they can do no wrong in her eyes.

To this day, she still defends them over the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to send me a text when my grandmother passed away.
Like I said there comes a time when YOU have to become the adult and pull up YOUR big boy pants and stop pointing fingers. What is that really accomplishing? Not a darn thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom