Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switching locations late next week

PREMiERdrum

I'd guess when the dust settles, Aloha Isle will prevail as the sole juice-based drink and dessert outlet in Adventureland.

Now, if only they'd rip out those stupid carpets so that the lines for the former Sunshine Tree Terrace location weren't such a cluster.

Beginning of the end, again, for the Orange Bird?

jmuboy

I'd guess when the dust settles, Aloha Isle will prevail as the sole juice-based drink and dessert outlet in Adventureland.

Now, if only they'd rip out those stupid carpets so that the lines for the former Sunshine Tree Terrace location weren't such a cluster.

Beginning of the end, again, for the Orange Bird?

If Sunshine Tree is the sole surviving stand why cant it just sell Orange AND Pineapple treats? Dole Whips and Orange Bird in one location.

ToTBellHop

If Sunshine Tree is the sole surviving stand why cant it just sell Orange AND Pineapple treats? Dole Whips and Orange Bird in one location.
I would imagine that is the end game. It's a larger location that can handle more crowds, so it's a smart move. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Aloha Isle close so the new restaurant they are building can take over that space. It would make it a bit less cramped in the new restaurant.

jmuboy

I would imagine that is the end game. It's a larger location that can handle more crowds, so it's a smart move. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Aloha Isle close so the new restaurant they are building can take over that space. It would make it a bit less cramped in the new restaurant.

The original AL Veranda had a lot of outdoor space. So maybe taking the Aloha Isle space (if that is really the plan) is to increase the indoor seating for this new restaurant they are building.

RSoxNo1

Sunshine Tree Terrace is the larger facility. Even if this means the end of the current Aloha Isle facility, it makes sense to have Dole Whips in the current Sunshine Seasons location.

I was told indirectly by a CM (I know, I know) that the Citrus Swirl would be going away, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Citrus Swirl and/or the Orange Bird become staples of whatever is going on inside the Adventureland Veranda.

PhilharMagician

I wonder if they are doing this because currently the Dole Whip line often stretches back into the entrance alcove for the Adventureland Veranda which would really get in the way when this re-opens as a restaurant.

I would hope that is some of the reasoning. It is a complete cluster*** in the walkway when the park is busy.

What does not make sense is why they are swapping locations. They should just add the Aloha Isle treats to the menu at the Sunshine Tree and even change the name if they like, but just please close the old Aloha Isle location.

The Empress Lilly

I guess this is the definitive victory of the Dole Whip over the Citrus Swirl. The move makes sense, the Tree Terrace was designed as the central venue for the land's trademark drink.

Pity though that there are neither trees anymore, nor indeed a terrace.

As for the pineapple replacing citrus - I see this in the larger light of WDW losing its own identity. The citrus was chosen because it was the Florida thing, it gave the MK identity and authenticity. Alas, Disney knows no love for its Florida project. The DL for the throngs is what they turned it into.

muteki

Sunshine Tree Terrace is the larger facility. Even if this means the end of the current Aloha Isle facility, it makes sense to have Dole Whips in the current Sunshine Seasons location.

I was told indirectly by a CM (I know, I know) that the Citrus Swirl would be going away, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Citrus Swirl and/or the Orange Bird become staples of whatever is going on inside the Adventureland Veranda.

That would be a major bummer, we just got it back.

Sage of Time

This makes sense, except I'm surprised they didn't just merge Sunshine Tree and Aloha Isle in the Sunshine Tree location, and completely close Aloha Isle.
This is what I expected to happen. Just move everything into SST.

@wdwmagic- do we know what will actually happen? Just a menu, switch, right? I don't think they'd change signage and decor, right?

doctornick

Would be really ed if the Citrus Swirl goes away (again). Don't care where it is offered but it should have its place in WDW.

Weather_Lady

Anything that gets the lines for a Dole Whip (wherever located) moving faster is fine by me! I've never understood how I could get in line at Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip, with just 2 or 3 people ahead of me, and end up standing there for 10 minutes before even placing my order. You'd think they were selling made-to-order hand rolled sushi instead of pre-made frozen beverages! :)

Sage of Time

Menu will certainly switch, and I would assume signage, although I do not have details.
Ugh. Hope this doesn't mean that the Orange Bird sign is going to be altered.

Considering that there was such a concerted effort to get OB back.... perhaps they'll just leave that all intact. I mean, who is really going to care about a change from Aloha Isle to Sunshine Tree Terrace besides us?

Bocabear

That is so true! the lines are ridiculous and it is amazing how long it takes to serve each guest...they could do a lot better with this....and should. Hopefully in the new location they will address ways to speed up the lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom