Allowing all guests staying at Bay Lake Tower access to the Top Of The World lounge

toolsnspools

The lounge by itself is not a big enough draw to pull in guests on a regular basis. It would be cool to have a family friendly party up there a few nights a week. They could start just after dinner (since the lounge can't support dinner) with music, dancing, family games, etc. similar to Welcome Home Wednesdays, and have it last through the fireworks for the evening.

puntagordabob

The lounge by itself is not a big enough draw to pull in guests on a regular basis. It would be cool to have a family friendly party up there a few nights a week. They could start just after dinner (since the lounge can't support dinner) with music, dancing, family games, etc. similar to Welcome Home Wednesdays, and have it last through the fireworks for the evening.

They already have pool parties...movies...etc at the resort....think we have too many options now lol

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is the Mickey pool on that side exclusive to only BLT guests or DVC members or can anyone staying at the Contemporary use it too?
Exclusive to people staying at BLT. Not open to contemporary guests. Not available for pool hopping. You need a room key to get out to the pool area unless you hop the fence or someone let's you in.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
The bold part should never ever happen..... the lounge is nice and the way other parts of the resort are treated I would imagine this would bring a quick decline to the condition of the lounge and deck.... besides this is a nice perk for DVC members...and the talk at last years meeting if I recall correctly was that DVC members were conveying that they felt unappreciated etc...and the response was about their plans to provide more perks... allowing all dvc members up there at non-holiday periods is a perk....allowing anyone up there sorta negates that.
Forgetting about the DVC members going there who don't stay at Bay Lake Tower, what do you think about one day letting non DVC members already staying at Bay Lake Tower access to the lounge? I always found it weird that a certin number of people were not allowed up there even though they are paying to stay there, so why not make it a perk for everyone already staying there.

Maybe this is not the best example to use but I'm willing to bet not everyone at the Bay Lake Tower pool is a DVC member because of the non DVC members who stay there. However they are still allowed access to it since they are guests of Bay Lake Tower and I doubt anyone at the pool cares if someone is a member or not.

puntagordabob

Forgetting about the DVC members going there who don't stay at Bay Lake Tower, what do you think about one day letting non DVC members already staying at Bay Lake Tower access to the lounge? .

If you want to have access to the lounge then be a member of the Disney Vacation Club, whether its at our home resort of Bay Lake Tower @ the CR or wherever....its one of the few large purchases we as a family have never had buyer's remorse on.... or else make friends with a fellow member and get invited up.... if I was there when you were I'd certainly be happy to do that of a trip of yours coincides with one of ours....

.... the lounge and deck areas are finite in size and would quickly be as crowded as the parks.... currently the area is a nice relaxing place where you can usually always find a comfortable seat, sit back, enjoy a flatbread and some drinks (I only drink soda in my case), and stay as long as you wish without messing up someone else's time (like sitting at a counter service table for two hours or something at one of the parks).....

tjkraz

Top of the World lounge is emerging as the most overrated experience in all of Walt Disney World, IMO. It's not Club 33, folks.

Views and atmosphere in the park are much better. There aren't many places indoors where you can get a good view--reflections off the windows are distracting. Outdoor there is a chest-high safety wall and the strong wind you would expect on the 16th floor of a high rise.

It's a decent way to see the fireworks without paying for Magic Kingdom admission. That's about it.

puntagordabob

Top of the World lounge is emerging as the most overrated experience in all of Walt Disney World, IMO. It's not Club 33, folks.

Views and atmosphere in the park are much better. There aren't many places indoors where you can get a good view--reflections off the windows are distracting. Outdoor there is a chest-high safety wall and the strong wind you would expect on the 16th floor of a high rise.

It's a decent way to see the fireworks without paying for Magic Kingdom admission. That's about it.

Different strokes for different folks... if you feel it is overrated then why not you go somewhere else to spend your evening and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves..... and who ever made an comparison between this experience and Club 33, Seriously?

We have spent many times up there for the evening....very relaxing...we even celebrated NYE 2009/2010 up there.... as we will spend NYE 2012/2013...... and there is no desire from our family to enter the MK after dark on Monday lol....as the MK on NYE is always crowded to the point of insanity....

The winds on the observation deck are usually just fine...and in summer are VERY Welcome in fact! Independence Day this year was pretty awesome at the Totwl.

Anyways Happy New Years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom