Alligator Bayou

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
Our first visit was in Alligator Bayou and the farthest from the lobby but it didn't bother us a bit. We loved the quiet pools and being so close to the first bus stop (West Depot). We stayed in building 24. Have a great time.
Thankyou @Zipitidoda our main concern was being close to the 1st bus stop so I'm happy with my choice now :D I have requested building 35 :)

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
A few years ago, I surprised my wife with a long weekend to WDW and I picked Alligator Bayou as it was for her birthday. I picked a building that was "kinda" away from the pools and a little quieter. The room was great and we will stay in Alligator Bayou again!!

If you want to know anything and everything about Port Orleans (both sides of the resort), check out this website....
http://www.portorleans.org/
That's great @drwadadli thankyou for your help :)

LeighM

Thankyou @Zipitidoda our main concern was being close to the 1st bus stop so I'm happy with my choice now :D I have requested building 35 :)

We stayed in building 34 and it was a great location for the west depot. I requested a room close to that depot and they honored it. We only had a 3 minute walk to the bus stop. Because we always left early in the morning for pre park opening ADRs we never had a crowded bus and were always the first people on. Except for one time the bus to Epcot was extremely late and we waited a long time. We still made it to the park with plenty of time to spare though. And it was great at the end of the day to have a short walk back to the room!! I would definitely request it again.

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
We stayed in building 34 and it was a great location for the west depot. I requested a room close to that depot and they honored it. We only had a 3 minute walk to the bus stop. Because we always left early in the morning for pre park opening ADRs we never had a crowded bus and were always the first people on. Except for one time the bus to Epcot was extremely late and we waited a long time. We still made it to the park with plenty of time to spare though. And it was great at the end of the day to have a short walk back to the room!! I would definitely request it again.
Thankyou so much @LeighM this helps me a lot.. how far would you say building 35 is from building 34? I know this is a strange question but was just tryinging to get a idea of the time scale :D I'm really looking forward to this trip now

Jahona

Just to follow up. I stayed in building 35 with a pool view room the last time I visited. I thought the rooms were nice but the overall theme never really wowed me. Partly because I grew up not to far from swamp land and forest and would spend time on the weekends there. The main building has a great sense of scale to it. The food court's towering ceilings and large wooden tresses really are cool to see.

The West Depot was fine to get picked up at. I don't remember having to much of a problem at that location a bus being just a few minutes late. The Lobby Depot on the other hand was a nightmare. I started out using it as I would head to the park after eating breakfast at the cafeteria. There are signs to show when the bus would be arriving and it was always wrong just about. There would be times when a bus would just not show up or the times would keep getting extended. Getting to EPCOT one morning they ended up calling in old charter buses as we had waited an hour and none showed. After that I stopped going to the Lobby Depot and would walk to the West Depot to catch the bus. Seemed to be fine after that.

Weather_Lady

We loved Alligator Bayou when we stayed there. (It was DH and me, and our then 4-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son). We requested one of the standard buildings closest to the preferred section (but not in it), and got it, so it was a quick walk across a parking lot to the main bus depot, or down a path to the food court.

The room is a typical moderate room, but we found we had ample space for ourselves, our clothes and our foodstuffs. The shelves by the refrigerator were more than we needed for a week's worth of snacks and breakfast items, and there was tons of space in the vanity area for toiletries and sundries. (I did bring a set of collapsible shelves like these - https://www.amazon.com/Hanging-MaidMAX-Collapsible-Accessory-Organizer/dp/B01GNN2FY6 - for the closet/vanity area, to make up for the lack of drawer space for clothes - there are just three small drawers under the Murphy bed and you can only open them when it's folded up). The kids initially took turns on the Murphy bed for a couple of nights until the novelty wore off, and then used one of the regular (queen) beds. Everything was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I can think of (one that's probably true of all Disney rooms) is that the soundproofing wasn't great. We were on the ground floor and our neighbors above were by no means loud, but we could hear even the minutest sounds from their room -- like someone sneezing or closing a drawer -- so when we wanted to sleep, we just turned up the fan on the air conditioner for some white noise.

Also, Alligator Bayou has many charming, meandering walkways that can easily get confusing at night, so if you venture out after dark, take an extra mini-flashlight for reading signs, or even your resort map, to help with navigation!

Last edited:

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
Just to follow up. I stayed in building 35 with a pool view room the last time I visited. I thought the rooms were nice but the overall theme never really wowed me. Partly because I grew up not to far from swamp land and forest and would spend time on the weekends there. The main building has a great sense of scale to it. The food court's towering ceilings and large wooden tresses really are cool to see.

The West Depot was fine to get picked up at. I don't remember having to much of a problem at that location a bus being just a few minutes late. The Lobby Depot on the other hand was a nightmare. I started out using it as I would head to the park after eating breakfast at the cafeteria. There are signs to show when the bus would be arriving and it was always wrong just about. There would be times when a bus would just not show up or the times would keep getting extended. Getting to EPCOT one morning they ended up calling in old charter buses as we had waited an hour and none showed. After that I stopped going to the Lobby Depot and would walk to the West Depot to catch the bus. Seemed to be fine after that.
Thankyou for you comment @Jahona

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
We loved Alligator Bayou when we stayed there. (It was DH and me, and our then 4-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son). We requested one of the standard buildings closest to the preferred section (but not in it), and got it, so it was a quick walk across a parking lot to the main bus depot, or down a path to the food court.

The room is a typical moderate room, but we found we had ample space for ourselves, our clothes and our foodstuffs. The shelves by the refrigerator were more than we needed for a week's worth of snacks and breakfast items, and there was tons of space in the vanity area for toiletries and sundries. (I did bring a set of collapsible shelves like these - https://www.amazon.com/Hanging-MaidMAX-Collapsible-Accessory-Organizer/dp/B01GNN2FY6 - for the closet/vanity area, to make up for the lack of drawer space for clothes). The kids initially took turns on the Murphy bed for a couple of nights until the novelty wore off, and then used one of the regular (queen) beds. Everything was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I can think of (one that's probably true of all Disney rooms) is that the soundproofing wasn't great. We were on the ground floor and our neighbors above were by no means loud, but we could hear even the minutest sounds from their room -- like someone sneezing or closing a drawer -- so when we wanted to sleep, we just turned up the fan on the air conditioner for some white noise.

Also, Alligator Bayou has many charming, meandering walkways that can easily get confusing at night, so if you venture out after dark, take an extra mini-flashlight for reading signs, or even your resort map, to help with navigation!
Thankyou @Weather_Lady really looking forward to my stay here :)

LeighM

Thankyou so much @LeighM this helps me a lot.. how far would you say building 35 is from building 34? I know this is a strange question but was just tryinging to get a idea of the time scale :D I'm really looking forward to this trip now

It's right next it, although 34 is closer to West Depot. The farthest rooms in each are probably a 5 minute walk. There's an easy to read map of the resort at www.portorleans.org, which is a really helpful source (unofficial fan page).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom