Allergy Warning

MissM

Original Poster
Just a head's up to those of you heading to Florida anytime soon. We are a national allergy hot spot right now. And it's significantly worse then previous years. Even people who normally do not have allergy issues are being hit with symptoms.

Tree pollen (such as oak) is high as are grasses.

I mention this because I get the occassional seasonal allergy. Nothing terrible, easily managed with some clariton a handful of days a year as needed. But this year it's been almost non-stop need for antihistamines. It will continue to be high for awhile. So if you're making any spring or spring break plans, keep it in mind. It's a rough season right now.

A lot of people don't think about allergies when planning or packing for their trip. And no one wants to be sick at Disney.
-m

RonAnnArbor

Thanks for this posting!!! I was just packing and put in my alegra - always a good think to keep in mind when traveling to a warm weather clime from places like Michigan (ACK) where allergy season doesn't really occur until things start to grow (i.e. right now all we have is growing snow piles)

kal1484

I can attest to the allergiess. My eyes have been watery and my head hurts. Never had allergies until I moved down from Michigan.

MouseMadness

wdwprincess03 said:
I can attest to the allergiess. My eyes have been watery and my head hurts. Never had allergies until I moved down from Michigan.

Ha! That'll teach you. :lol: :lookaroun

It was 27 when I got up today, so I'm thinking you probably don't mind popping the occasional allergy pill so much. :lol: :p

Patanol always worked wonders for me. It seemed if I could get my eyes to stop, the rest was okay, too. *shrug*

SpongeScott

And our lack of rain hasn't helped either in washing out the air. We need a storm to come through and clean this stuff out. It has been very bad this year.

kal1484

I'd rather take an allergy medication than freeze! :p

And my car was YELLOW the other day, and it's normally a purple color!

MissM

Original Poster
Everything is yellow right now. Jeez. It's so bad. Someone on another disney list said she was down a couple weeks ago and wound up in the ER from asthma attacks. Terrible way to spend your vacation.
-m

Splangaroo

Yes it is true. I have a really hard time doing my job because i am constantly sneezing or wiping my nose. Not good. My eyes are swolen and itchy and I get itchy bumps in the roof of my mouth. Worst allergies of my life.

The Mom

Premium Member
Don't I know it. The Son has Spring allergies (The Daughter, The Dad, and I have Fall) and he's been miserable. We had a little rain the other day, so he finally stopped coughing enough to get some sleep. His get so bad that he starts vomiting! He has to take Zytec and Flonase from Feb until May.

We're heading to Chicago this Tuesday, so I'm hoping he'll get some relief.

The Daughter has lost any tolerance she had, and is absolutely miserable when she comes home; another reason she's going to live in the Northeast after she graduates.

I also never had allergies until moving to Florida. What fun! (But still better than driving in snow and ice. ;) )

Debbie

The pollen is kicking here and there is alot of mold in the air. I'm going to gut my neighbor's house tomarrow and I know I'll be sneezing on the way home. The house's are full of green mold up to the ceilings.......:(. The furniture is mildewy, and moldy, and the grass and mud won't help.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom