Alleged Sexual Assault at Animal Kingdom?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I don't want to be insensitive or make any outrageous claims, but I just read on r/waltdisneyworld about an alleged sexual assault tonight (9/5/17) at AK.

Not much more details given, other than the following:

Tonight at Animal Kingdom, I was sexually assaulted by an unknown man. My boyfriend and I immediately reported the incident to the nearest cast member where we were taken aside and taken care of while an alert was sent to all park security. I am so thankful of how seriously they took the situation and how they did everything to make me feel safe and taken care of. Thanks to the wonderful staff, the man was caught. My gratitude for the wonderful Disney staff is unmeasurable right now. Sometimes you can forget that bad things can still happen at Disney, but when they do, Disney will take care of you. I hope nobody else experiences anything like this, but if it unfortunately happens, do not be afraid to report it immediately. They will absolutely take care of the situation and of you. Thank you Walt Disney World staff and security.

Has anyone heard anything further?

Last edited:

backinaction

It's so sad that this stuff happens at the happiest place on earth. Honestly, I'm kinda shocked they caught him. One would think the sheer number of people there would make it almost impossible to find someone, but hopefully the victim is ok and the perp is on his way to prison for a long time.

ohioguy

Given the amount of advanced security measures that I hear Disney has throughout the parks, I'm not surprised they caught him. Since 9/11, there are probably cameras everywhere. I've seen security show up out of nowhere to take care of the inebriated and the hostile.

asianway

I don't want to be insensitive or make any outrageous claims, but I just read on r/waltdisneyworld about an alleged sexual assault tonight (9/5/17) at AK.

Not much more details given, other than the following:

Has anyone heard anything further?
No one corroborating this in the news? Sounds like one of those "my 6 year old said" posts that go viral

rob0519

Depends if this really happened and what they are defining as assault.

I'm not an attorney or a law enforcement officer, but here is the definition of sexual assault in Florida. I find it difficult to believe this is what happened to the victim while at AK. I'm sure an assault of some type occurred, but the actual charge against the alleged perpetrator could be different. Best wishes to the victim as she moves forward after the assault.

"The definition for sexual assault varies greatly from state to state, however in general, sexual assault is any type of conduct which could be considered indecent or sexual in nature, toward another person. Sexual assault is defined under Florida statute as “oral, or vaginal penetration by, or with the sexual organ of another or the or vaginal penetration of another by any object.” Most commonly, sexual assault charges in the state of Florida occur when one person is accused of forcing another into a sexual act against their will."

AndyS2992

You shouldn't believe everything you read on Reddit, it's not a credible source. If true, hopefully it wasn't too serious and she's okay, however if it was I don't know why you would go running to social media about it. If I was assaulted it's not something I would want to talk about so frivolously.

I was in line for Space Mountain and few years back and a guy seemingly innocently brushed against a young women's backside and she was making a scene and was yelling that she was going to press charges and such, amusingly she was the one ejected from the line.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not an attorney or a law enforcement officer, but here is the definition of sexual assault in Florida. I find it difficult to believe this is what happened to the victim while at AK. I'm sure an assault of some type occurred, but the actual charge against the alleged perpetrator could be different. Best wishes to the victim as she moves forward after the assault.

"The definition for sexual assault varies greatly from state to state, however in general, sexual assault is any type of conduct which could be considered indecent or sexual in nature, toward another person. Sexual assault is defined under Florida statute as “oral, **** or vaginal penetration by, or with the sexual organ of another or the **** or vaginal penetration of another by any object.” Most commonly, sexual assault charges in the state of Florida occur when one person is accused of forcing another into a sexual act against their will."
I'm guessing it was more of a groping than an actual sexual assault as defined by the statute. Which is still battery; sexual battery if it involved specific areas of the body...

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
You shouldn't believe everything you read on Reddit, it's not a credible source. If true, hopefully it wasn't too serious and she's okay, however if it was I don't know why you would go running to social media about it.

Um, that's why I used the word "ALLEGED" in the title and a question mark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom