all the closings

jrlbc06

While I agree that it's an improvement from what it was, compared to Disneyland, it's still not worth spending a day there without a parkhopper. When I was last there (just last month), I spent a day between the two parks, did DCA first and did RSR, TZTOT, VotLM, and spent the rest of my time at the MK. I would have rode California Screaming but it was shut down for technical problems (I've been on it twice before). Soaring had a 20 minute line and I've been on it in California twice and once at EPCOT, so I decided to skip it. And TSMM is a clone of the HS version, so I skipped that too. It's still not a whole-day park and it definitely needs more rides. I rode their version of TZTOT and RSR for the first time. I rode VotLM to see how the recent improvements are compared to WDW's version (that doesn't have the improvements yet).

So you skipped well over half the rides in the park and are complaining that it doesn't have enough? I agree with you that it needs more and you couldn't help that CaliScreamin was down, but that, TSMM, the Monster's Inc ride, Soarin', Grizzly River Rapids are all great!

Mater and Luigi's tires are also both fun, unique rides. Mickey's Fun Wheel (swinging!) is excellent. I also love the Golden Zephyr. The swings and Goofy's sky school aren't my favorites, but they can be fun as well. I also never miss Muppets. The Aladdin stage show is excellent and eats up a chunk of time.

I am far from a Disney apologist, but with the lack of development and ride growth we've seen at the Florida parks, I think complaints about the direction of DCA are misguided at best, to be honest.

PeterAlt

So you skipped well over half the rides in the park and are complaining that it doesn't have enough? I agree with you that it needs more and you couldn't help that CaliScreamin was down, but that, TSMM, the Monster's Inc ride, Soarin', Grizzly River Rapids are all great!

Mater and Luigi's tires are also both fun, unique rides. Mickey's Fun Wheel (swinging!) is excellent. I also love the Golden Zephyr. The swings and Goofy's sky school aren't my favorites, but they can be fun as well. I also never miss Muppets. The Aladdin stage show is excellent and eats up a chunk of time.

I am far from a Disney apologist, but with the lack of development and ride growth we've seen at the Florida parks, I think complaints about the direction of DCA are misguided at best, to be honest.
Monster's Inc ride? Did something go over my helmet (Spaceballs reference)? Just when I thought I knew everything, I find out I really don't. What Moneter's Inc ride? I know they are considering the Doors Coaster that was to go into HS but I never ever heard of an existing Monster's Inc ride!? When did this come in and why haven't I heard about it until now?!?

I always skipped Grizzly Rapids because isn't it the same as Kali River Rapids? Maybe I shouldn't have skipped it. As for Soaring, yes, I know it's in much better condition as the EPCOT version. Going on it would have just ticked me off because ours is in such horrible shape!

jrlbc06

Monster's Inc ride? Did something go over my helmet (Spaceballs reference)? Just when I thought I knew everything, I find out I really don't. What Moneter's Inc ride? I know they are considering the Doors Coaster that was to go into HS but I never ever heard of an existing Monster's Inc ride!? When did this come in and why haven't I heard about it until now?!?

I always skipped Grizzly Rapids because isn't it the same as Kali River Rapids? Maybe I shouldn't have skipped it. As for Soaring, yes, I know it's in much better condition as the EPCOT version. Going on it would have just ticked me off because ours is in such horrible shape!

The Monster's Inc ride is in the Backlot studios by Muppets. It's not earth-shattering, it's a typical fantasyland-like dark ride, but it's fun.

I enjoy Grizzly Rapids soooo much more than Kali. The mountain is cool and the ride is fun.

RSoxNo1

Tower of Terror, RRRCR, TSMM, Star Tours, and GMR are still open! Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, the park pretty much is on par with DCA in its offerings... Let's see...

DHS - DCA
----------------------------------------
GMR - RSR
TZToT - TZToT
TSMM - TSMM
RRRC - Cali Screaming
Star Tours - Soaring
MuppetVision - MuppetVision
Fantasmic! - Voyage of Mermaid

Okay, slight edge to DCA, if you include all the small rides like Red Trolly and all the carni rides. Very close comparison, though!
Radiator springs racers on par with great movie ride? Can I have a sniff of whatever it is you're on?

PeterAlt

Radiator springs racers on par with great movie ride? Can I have a sniff of whatever it is you're on?
I didn't mean it to sound like I thought it was "on par". My impression of RSR was that it is WDW's Splash Mountain (in terms of use of AA figures) meets Test Track (in terms of ride technology) themed to Pixar's Cars. Since WDW has both the superior version of Splash Mountain and Test Track, I concluded that DL is entitled to this ride being unique and should never be cloned (at WDW). Indiana Jones and Alice in Wonderland, on the other hand, seriously need to be cloned.

misterID

I'm hearing there's a particular demographic that is welcoming the Canadian lumber jacks with open arms.
Heheh... The image in my head reading that... of the crowd watching the show... sort of went Family Guy... hilarious.

Very true on that last point. I think it's a better park than DHS just on ride quality.

ToTBellHop

Cheese and rice! Now I won't even have Pal Mickey around to tell me a joke whilst I stand in front of the boarded up fjord, crying as I hear whispers of "Let it Go" in the distance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I'm guessing Pete found a medical marijuana facility before his visit to DCA and spent the whole night staring at the pretty dancing lights. That stuff is practically legal in CA:cool:

Figment2005

When I first heard about the announced and rumored closings at DHS, my initial thought was, "well, that's really going to shorten my day there." Then I realized that I haven't done any of those things in years and had no intention of doing them in the future, so apart from forcing more people on the things I do do, it changes my day at DHS zero. Very much looking forward to seeing what's in store...
/chuckle you said do do.

PhotoDave219

Im really torn on it due to it replacing off kilter. But I'm also welcome to new entertainment.....so we will see how it goes.

Well congratulations, you're the one who is excited about new entertainment.

Rest of us are either shaking our heads and disappointments or their chaining themselves to maelstrom.

toasty

Did Indiana Jones close for good?
It's no longer showing on the list of attractions for DHS on Disney's website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/

But yet you can still access its page if you Google it:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...studios/indiana-jones-epic-stunt-spectacular/

It's there, it's just listed under "Entertainment" rather than "Attractions."

Jim Hill indicated on the Disney Dish podcast a few weeks back that Indy would be saved during the DHS overhaul -- largely because they use the theater for other things. I'd love to see it go, though, to free up more space for Star Wars land, which is evidently going to be in that neck of the woods. '

All of this per Hill, just repeating what he said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom