all the closings

Thumper14

Tower of Terror, RRRCR, TSMM, Star Tours, and GMR are still open! Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, the park pretty much is on par with DCA in its offerings... Let's see...

DHS - DCA
----------------------------------------
GMR - RSR
TZToT - TZToT
TSMM - TSMM
RRRC - Cali Screaming
Star Tours - Soaring
MuppetVision - MuppetVision
Fantasmic! - Voyage of Mermaid

Okay, slight edge to DCA, if you include all the small rides like Red Trolly and all the carni rides. Very close comparison, though!

Radiator Springs Racers is an awesome ride and along with Cars Land gives DCA a clear advantage.
The Tower of Terror in HS is better than the one in DCA, I will give you that.
World of Color is more online with Fantasmic.
Grizzly River Rapids is iconic and beats the big hat thing hands down.
I would pick DCA over HS any day!
It looks like they might be overhauling HS, I hope they do it justice.
The imagineers who came up with Cars Land need to be consulted.
They turned DCA from a ho hum park to a must do!

JWG

With all of the closings at Hollywood Studios that just makes it that much easier to shoehorn that park in for a quick stop, tag Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, grab a bite at 50's Prime Time, digest it while watching One Man's Dream....pop into the Animation Studio...draw another picture of Pooh, or Stitch.....and split.

Hollywood Studios is becoming the perfect Pre-Sunset park.

With FP+ tiers, that's more challenging. Same as not getting Test Track and Soarin' without either a long standby wait somewhere or hoping you get one late in the day once you can get a 4th FP.

PeterAlt

Radiator Springs Racers is an awesome ride and along with Cars Land gives DCA a clear advantage.
The Tower of Terror in HS is better than the one in DCA, I will give you that.
World of Color is more online with Fantasmic.
Grizzly River Rapids is iconic and beats the big hat thing hands down.
I would pick DCA over HS any day!
It looks like they might be overhauling HS, I hope they do it justice.
The imagineers who came up with Cars Land need to be consulted.
They turned DCA from a ho hum park to a must do!
While I agree that it's an improvement from what it was, compared to Disneyland, it's still not worth spending a day there without a parkhopper. When I was last there (just last month), I spent a day between the two parks, did DCA first and did RSR, TZTOT, VotLM, and spent the rest of my time at the MK. I would have rode California Screaming but it was shut down for technical problems (I've been on it twice before). Soaring had a 20 minute line and I've been on it in California twice and once at EPCOT, so I decided to skip it. And TSMM is a clone of the HS version, so I skipped that too. It's still not a whole-day park and it definitely needs more rides. I rode their version of TZTOT and RSR for the first time. I rode VotLM to see how the recent improvements are compared to WDW's version (that doesn't have the improvements yet).

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

Most of this stuff I feel will get some sort of replacement as far as the backlot and the American idol experience is concerned. But correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a lot of the entertainment in world showcase being "replaced" not "cut"?

FrostyNaples

hell is anything gonna still be open other than a new FROZEN attraction??? everyday something new is closing or going away. Glad i was there last week to see a few things !!!!!

Posts like this is why you have (1) like since 2001....

To those saying HS is getting an "overhaul", that's a pretty big word for the minor closures and future additions.

Disney Springs, now THAT is an overhaul...

Nothing to see here, this topic is rubbish.

jakeman

Can I have your logon credentials then?
Username: Warmachine68
Password: WARMACHINEROX

Posts like this is why you have (1) like since 2001....

To those saying HS is getting an "overhaul", that's a pretty big word for the minor closures and future additions.

Disney Springs, now THAT is an overhaul...

Nothing to see here, this topic is rubbish.
I gave him a like because I don't like your tone.

Nemo14

That worked!

Thanks!
paranoid.gif

toasty

When I first heard about the announced and rumored closings at DHS, my initial thought was, "well, that's really going to shorten my day there." Then I realized that I haven't done any of those things in years and had no intention of doing them in the future, so apart from forcing more people on the things I do do, it changes my day at DHS zero. Very much looking forward to seeing what's in store...

Bocabear

When I first heard about the announced and rumored closings at DHS, my initial thought was, "well, that's really going to shorten my day there." Then I realized that I haven't done any of those things in years and had no intention of doing them in the future, so apart from forcing more people on the things I do do, it changes my day at DHS zero. Very much looking forward to seeing what's in store...
That is the real problem... The things they are closing are not even on my list, but some people like them...and when they close, I guess we can expect hyper huge lines at the few remaining attractions... Hollywood Studios has always been light on attractions and really a half day park. I am hopeful that a makeover will flesh it out finally...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My point was that yea things are being cut but that doesn't mean there aren't replacements planned for some of them. Yet I agree that a lot has been cut lately but I won't blow it out of proportion either.
Blow it out of proportion? Entertainment budgets cut at EP, with too many acts being removed and not enough coming back, either in number or similarity. Nothing to blow out of proportion....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom