All Star Sports

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
Ive never stayed at this resort and is one of my only options now for the dates I'll be going, the only value I've stayed at before was Pop. Any reviews, thoughts are greatly appreciated :)

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
My family and I stayed there last fall and we really liked it. To be honest, I was totally against staying there, I consider my "home resort" to be Port Orleans French Quarter. Again, I went there full of dred, that it would be a let down. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the football area rooms, had easy access to the main pool, the Home Run Hotel pool and the food court. We never had more than a 10 minute wait for a bus and we were the first stop on the bus route. The staff was great, service was amazing and we were able to get two rooms (2 adults, 3 kids - 16, 13 and 6) for not much more than we'd pay at a moderate for one room. The two bathrooms and two refrigerators were well used. If you don't already use them, consider Garden Grocer for getting food delivered to your room. We used to rent a car on arrival day to go shopping to stock up on breakfast foods, sodas and water. Even though the prices are slightly higher than what you'd pay at a Wal Mart, Publix or Goodings, the amount saved on the rental makes it worth it. And the time you'd spend getting food can be spent on the things that matter like riding Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean, or whatever. Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I echo @dodgr98's comments. We were in the baseball section, which is the furthest area from Stadium Hall and the bus stops, but it was never more than a 5 minute walk. The room had been recently renovated, was clean and well-appointed, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable!

If you have breakfast in the food court before 8 am you won't have too many other folks to contend with. Bus service was great, never had to wait long at all, and enjoyed being first on/first off.

This praise is coming from a gal who usually stays deluxe! :D

Disney4family

We loved it when we used to stay at the All-Stars. At first we stayed in the baseball section since my other half lives for the sport. The walk to everything was fine. After that, we paid for the preferred rooms in Surfs Up since it was right next to the main hall. We loved it. Although we're BLT people now, my kids ask to go back to walk around the Sport Goofy store.

Rickster7

Just stayed here in January on a solo trip. Had a big bed, was close to food court in the Surfs Up section and buses were on time. Arrival times were as close as they could get on the monitors out front. Was having a great time until I had to leave two days early because of a blizzard back home.

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
My family and I stayed there last fall and we really liked it. To be honest, I was totally against staying there, I consider my "home resort" to be Port Orleans French Quarter. Again, I went there full of dred, that it would be a let down. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the football area rooms, had easy access to the main pool, the Home Run Hotel pool and the food court. We never had more than a 10 minute wait for a bus and we were the first stop on the bus route. The staff was great, service was amazing and we were able to get two rooms (2 adults, 3 kids - 16, 13 and 6) for not much more than we'd pay at a moderate for one room. The two bathrooms and two refrigerators were well used. If you don't already use them, consider Garden Grocer for getting food delivered to your room. We used to rent a car on arrival day to go shopping to stock up on breakfast foods, sodas and water. Even though the prices are slightly higher than what you'd pay at a Wal Mart, Publix or Goodings, the amount saved on the rental makes it worth it. And the time you'd spend getting food can be spent on the things that matter like riding Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean, or whatever. Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay.
That was very helpful thank you! You and I are very similar as Port Orleans is my home away from home and home resort :)

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
I echo @dodgr98's comments. We were in the baseball section, which is the furthest area from Stadium Hall and the bus stops, but it was never more than a 5 minute walk. The room had been recently renovated, was clean and well-appointed, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable!

If you have breakfast in the food court before 8 am you won't have too many other folks to contend with. Bus service was great, never had to wait long at all, and enjoyed being first on/first off.

This praise is coming from a gal who usually stays deluxe! :D
That Is comforting! I normally am always in mods if not deluxe minus a few last minute visits to pop and I hear so many stories of all star you just never know lol

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
We loved it when we used to stay at the All-Stars. At first we stayed in the baseball section since my other half lives for the sport. The walk to everything was fine. After that, we paid for the preferred rooms in Surfs Up since it was right next to the main hall. We loved it. Although we're BLT people now, my kids ask to go back to walk around the Sport Goofy store.
Awesome thanks :) I am looking into a pref room so good to know!

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
Just stayed here in January on a solo trip. Had a big bed, was close to food court in the Surfs Up section and buses were on time. Arrival times were as close as they could get on the monitors out front. Was having a great time until I had to leave two days early because of a blizzard back home.
Thanks! Yuck to going into a blizzard haha

Princess Kaylee

Ive never stayed at this resort and is one of my only options now for the dates I'll be going, the only value I've stayed at before was Pop. Any reviews, thoughts are greatly appreciated :)

We have stayed at all the All-Star Resorts and I am a dancer but by no means sporty. I loved All- Star Sprts. It had everything we needed and more and the cast members were delightful!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I know its after the fact, but I found the All Stars to be a great stay. I've stayed at the Sports many many years ago, but this past november we stayed at the Movies. My kids had a great time, and the value resorts will definitely be on my short list of places to select for future trips

KDM31091

For the money, I think all three All Star resorts are great. Sports is good because it's always the first stop the bus makes; especially when the All Stars share a bus, this is a good thing.

EOD K9

Well I ended up booking at AoA lol but thanks everyone for your reviews etc!
I am a DVC Member but my in laws are booking a family reunion there in November for us. I like my DVC and am a little apprehensive about staying there, but it is a free trip. Let me know how you like it. Thanks in advance.

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
I am a DVC Member but my in laws are booking a family reunion there in November for us. I like my DVC and am a little apprehensive about staying there, but it is a free trip. Let me know how you like it. Thanks in advance.
The AoA? I will def let you know! I've been there, just never stayed. It's a nice resort and to me should be moderate but it's not lol

EOD K9

The AoA? I will def let you know! I've been there, just never stayed. It's a nice resort and to me should be moderate but it's not lol
I stopped by the food court pre-cruise on my last visit to scope the place out. I was well more than satisfied. My concern will be the room size as compared to DVC.

12in12

The food courts can get very hectic at Value resorts, especially at breakfast time. Either get up early or late or just deal with it. I have stayed at Deluxe as well and can say that the beds were just as comfortable in Value. I did miss a coffee maker and the balcony but considering the huge price difference I was very happy with All Stars.

Mickey5150

All-Star Sports is my home away from home. For the money it can't be beat. I love paying extra for the preferred rooms in Surf's Up, especially pool view. It reminds me of 80s motels along the Atlantic growing up. I've stayed at every level of hotel in WDW and can't bring myself to stay anywhere but All-Star Sports. I'm usually at the food court around 8-8:30am and it's never got a crowd except on some Saturdays or Sundays. If you don't want to pay extra for a preferred room then I like Baseball the best. Especially it's quiet pool. The busing is very good especially to Animal Kingdom just down the road. The only place with any real drive is the Magic Kingdom but that's true of most resorts. I love All-Star Sports! The only negative thing would be that Raglan Road isn't in the food court, lol.

MickeyMomV

We are going to be staying here for the first time in April. Does anybody know where I can find out if they are going to have any sporting events going on that would fill the hotel with "teams"? Its not going to change our plans just wondering if we should expect anything going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom