All Star Sports vs. Music

If you were to choose between AS Sports and AS Music which would you choose and why? We have already stayed at Pop and Movies and liked both, we just want to stay at a different resort this time. Thanks for the info.:wave:

wolf359

The only difference between Music and Sports are the things bolted to the railings and the shape of the pools.

When the All Star's are sharing buses Sports gets picked up first and dropped off first.

All Star Music has family suites.

That said, I like All Star Music more than any of the other value resorts. The theming appeals to me more. But after having stayed at all of the value resorts, I've found they're all pretty consistent in overall quality and general experience.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I agree with Wolf. I would say it's just a personal preference here, as both resorts are pretty much the same outside of themes. DH would probably insist that we stay at Sports, while I would far prefer Music. :)

See which theme suits you better, and stay there.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Actually, I think Movies is the best as long as the All-Stars aren't sharing buses. It's a quick trip from Melody Hall to the Mighty Ducks section at Movies if the Music bus gets there first. :) Nothing stopping you from exploring the other two, even if you are staying at Movies.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

While I have stayed at music more I do prefer sports. I like the theming since i like sports. Music is nice too and I think is usually the less crowded All-Star Resort.

Upvote 0

fosse76

From the comments I've read on this board in the past, All Stars Music is the quieter of the three. I just booked a stay there today for the third week of May.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

From the comments I've read on this board in the past, All Stars Music is the quieter of the three. I just booked a stay there today for the third week of May.

I agree - of the All-Stars, more families tend to book Sports and Movies first, they don't consider Music until after those are pretty full.

We prefer Pop Century, but if we were to choose an All-Star, it would be Music.

Only problem I have with Music - the distance from the front of the resort to the rear can be quite long - be sure to check a map - unless the walk doesn't bother you.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

I've only been to ASMu and POP. Personally, I prefer POP. We enjoyed ASMu, but we like the idea of POP getting their own bus transportation, better food court, and POP being a "newest value resort."

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I agree - of the All-Stars, more families tend to book Sports and Movies first, they don't consider Music until after those are pretty full.

We prefer Pop Century, but if we were to choose an All-Star, it would be Music.

Only problem I have with Music - the distance from the front of the resort to the rear can be quite long - be sure to check a map - unless the walk doesn't bother you.
I agree with this. I think that Music's layout is not that good. Unless you are staying at the first two-four sections, you will be a very long distance from the main hall, since the hotel's layout goes back from the lobby area, instead of winging off on the sides of the main hall. And there is no short cut to get you to the front quicker, like there is at some of the other value hotels.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

ASMu hands down. They are the only All Stars to have the poolside games and movies, and, IMHO, the prettiest landscaping of the values. We really enjoyed our stay there, and have stayed at all the values. (But if I had a choice of any value, it would be Pop).

Upvote 0

Purple413

I also prefer Music. I've stayed there several times. I just enjoy the atmosphere. Of course, this year we're staying at the Polynesian for the first time, so I don't think I'll ever want to go back to the All Star after this trip!!

Have fun! :animwink:

Upvote 0

stlbobby

As most have said it is really about what you prefer sports or music. One tip about the All-Stars. Some buildings may actually be closer to the main hall and bus stop of a different resort. For example the Mighty Ducks buildings in the Movies resort are actually closer to Melody Hall (Music) than Cinema Hall.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreams09

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. I let our kids pick the resort and they chose AS Sports since they are into sports right now. It's not my first choice, but it's fine with me as long as I'm at WDW. We may sneak over to Music and play some of the poolside games one night if we have the time.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

Definitely take a few moments and stroll through the other AS resorts. Music has a great piano shaped pool and a replica of old Broadway in NY. Movies has massive replicas of the toys in Toy Story.

Upvote 0

freediverdude

My only reservation about the Music resort is if you get put in one of the buildings near the back, it is a very long walk to the main building. Usually I just stay at the Sports- I like the Surf's Up pool vibe there.

Upvote 0

stefan74

I would stay at the Sports...it is the first All-Star Resort the busses get to when they pick up/drop off. Have stayed at the Surf's Up buidling twice and enjoyed it...short walk to the bus stop, food and lobby.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom