All Star Sports or Movies? End of July

ml123_9

Original Poster
Hello all, we've never stayed at any of the values and I was just curious which one everyone prefers. All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Pros, cons? Please give me some examples of why and also, where do the Brazilians usually stay? Thanks for your input.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
The Sports is first on the bus line, so I'd opt for that. I also could be wrong, but they may have refurbised the sports, so it may be a bit more modern.
Other then that, the three sister resorts are nearly identical.

SarahBella82

I've stayed at all the All-Stars and enjoyed them. I think that, all things being equal, the theming is the deciding factor. I personally prefer Sports to Movies, but I let my four-year-old cast the only vote this year. ;)

The bus route is a compelling piece of information, though. We are staying at Movies the last full week in July, but we might end up driving some if the buses are an issue...

Disney4family

We always stayed at Sports because of the buses. If the bus fills up, it'll go straight to the parks. If it doesn't, you will at least have a seat before it goes to one or both of the other All-Stars.

EvilQueen-T

We don't mind staying at the allstars. We've been staying at sports a little more often recently due to room discounts. We like getting a preferred room so we're close to the main pool and the food court. Don't know when Movies was last renovated but sports seems to still be in pretty good shape. I can't speak to the bus issues because we drive.

AngelinaVP

Hello all, we've never stayed at any of the values and I was just curious which one everyone prefers. All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Pros, cons? Please give me some examples of why and also, where do the Brazilians usually stay? Thanks for your input.

We always choose All Star Sports when we stay at the value resorts. Neither my husband nor myself are sports fans, but the resort is clean and the best reason to stay there is that it's the first stop on the bus route. First on the bus and first off the bus, before the other value resorts (which they share buses with).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Both Sports and Music have updated food courts; not sure about Movies. Other than theming, resorts are pretty much the same. But as others have said, Sports is first on the bus route and if it's a busy time of year, that's going to be the most important thing. I'm sure the South American tour groups stay at whatever All Star resort has room. If you want to avoid large groups of teenagers on school break, then avoid January (summer break) and July (winter break). I witnessed groups from Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina completely overrun Hollywood Studios the same day during a Forth of July visit. Nothing like 3 groups of 50-80 minimally supervised teenagers visiting one of the smaller Disney parks the same day...

Princess Kaylee

In the past year we have stayed at both and we preferred all-star sports! (even though I am a girly girl)
Allstar-sports just seemed cozier, it had a nice laundry room, pools, movie under the stars, a big arcade, gift shop, a very nice food court, and more. Although Allstar movies had this everything just seemed better at Allstar Sports.

cdeev8690

I really like the All Star resorts. They're much nicer, in my opinion, than Pop. The last time I stayed there, November of 2014, my buses didn't stop at the other resorts but I do recall making various stops at the other All Stars when I stayed in September 2012. This was regardless of whether the bus was full or near empty. It was always a straight shot to and from the parks. I'm not sure if it was because it was "off-season" or just the luck of the draw for me.

TBrooker11

In my opinion the only difference is that Sports is the first stop for the buses. So I would opt for that. As far as themeing goes you could always walk next door to the other All Star resorts in order to see the outside themeing such as characters, etc. Other than the bus though they all seem the same to me. I also really only use the hotels to sleep in so I may not be the best judge haha.

Mukta

Has anyone stayed at a deluxe resort then stay at one of the All Stars? Curious to see people's opinions.
Yep. I stay at BC on almost every trip. I have stayed at the Ploy bungalows, GF and YC. I also stay at all star sports on certain trips. The values are nothing like the deluxes, but they serve a purpose. They are a clean, inexpensive place to sleep and shower.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom